'Sasquatch' hair put to test

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
The legend of Sasquatch will be put to the test Monday as geneticists scrutinize a tuft of hair that allegedly came from the hairy beast.

The hair fragment was collected by some residents in Teslin, Yukon who claim a three-metre tall human-like creature tromped through their backyards earlier this month around 1 a.m.

Wildlife geneticist Dave Coltman, with the University of Alberta, is skeptical the results will turn up anything new. "I'd be very surprised if it was something different, but you can never be 100 per cent sure, so I thought we would give this a go," said Coltman, who volunteered to run a DNA test on the strand.

http://edmonton.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=ed-sasquatch20050725

Sasquatch sighting reported in Yukon

Velly interesting. I've been hearing alot about the Sasquatch the last couple of weeks.

Sally said:
Velly interesting. I've been hearing alot about the Sasquatch the last couple of weeks.
What have you heard? :confused:

Casshew said:
What have you heard? :confused:
LOL ..well I just read Frank Peretti's new novel "Monster" a story about a woman kidnapped by a sasquatch and a genetic experiment gone wrong. Of course it's fictional but it seems that since I read it I have seen several articles and "unsolved mystery' type programs about them. Also learned another name they are called, I'd never heard before which is "skunk ape". :crazy:

Sally said:
LOL ..well I just read Frank Peretti's new novel "Monster" a story about a woman kidnapped by a sasquatch and a genetic experiment gone wrong.
So umm... was bigfoot looking for love?

Sally said:
Hmm maybe I misunderstood the plot. :waitasec:
So on the cover, Bigfoot didn't look like Fabio carrying away a maiden in a torn bodice?

Casshew said:
So on the cover, Bigfoot didn't look like Fabio carrying away a maiden in a torn bodice?

LoL!!! What an image!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Love,
Ariel ;)

ariel7 said:
LoL!!! What an image!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Love,
Ariel ;)
Congrats on your 2,000th post!!!!! About Bigfoot, no less! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Dark Knight said:
Congrats on your 2,000th post!!!!! About Bigfoot, no less! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

AWwww!! Thank you, DK!:blowkiss:

That is pretty small potatoes compared to you
and ESPECIALLY Cass,lol!:)
But, it sure is a lot for me.

God bless,
Love,

Ariel<---now at 2001:D

Edited to add--- There is rumored to be a "Big Foot" somewhere in
my area of appalachia,too! :crazy: We even had some BigFoot club
holding MEETINGS around the here!:crazy:

Hi Ariel :blowkiss: 2001 posts... congrats ... Hope you are doing well.. I haven't see you post much.. sorry OT here but I wanted to say that I've been thinking about ya...

PaperDoll said:
Hi Ariel :blowkiss: 2001 posts... congrats ... Hope you are doing well.. I haven't see you post much.. sorry OT here but I wanted to say that I've been thinking about ya...

Aww PaperDoll, thanks so much!!:blowkiss:

God bless!:)

with bunches of
love,

Ariel

Ps--Sorry, Cass, for the OT posts.

Jeana (DP) said:
So, did the results come back? I'll betcha $50, it was Larry King hair. ;)

OMG, that is too funny :laugh: :laugh:

Alas, tis not to be...

Big Foot legend gets the boot

Geneticists stomped on the legend of Big Foot Thursday.

DNA tests conducted on a tuft of hair collected by northerners who swore they saw a human-like hairy beast tromp through their backyards a month ago turned out to be that of a bison.

So your saying the bigfoot story was a lot of bull?
bison.gif

So they can actually test a hair follicle or whatever and figure out what type of animal it came from? How? Does anyone know?

S

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back