1155 users online (248 members and 907 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Sean Leary, 31, Odessa, 18 November 2014

Sean Leary

Former Odessa Resident Goes Missing, Family Seeking Answers
    ODESSA - Tuesday marked eight weeks since Sean Leary's mother says she last heard from him. She said he was en route back to the United States from Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, when they lost contact.

"Sean has a history of drug abuse and he's just been depressed for many years," Gayla Leary, Mother of Sean Leary, said.

31-year-old Sean Leary, of Athens, Texas came to Odessa to work a year and a half ago. His mother, Gayla, who lives in Athens, heard from Sean multiple times a week via call or text. But in November, her calls and texts went unanswered.

"Sean's a mama's baby. I mean, I know he's 31-years-old. He just turned 31 this past Saturday but he was always keeping in touch with me," Leary said.

Sean has three open felony warrants out of Ector County for unauthorized use of a vehicle, debit or credit card abuse and for theft of property. His mother believes that's the reason he fled to Ciudad Juarez.

"Someone had told him he was gonna go to prison for 25 years. So I know that that scared him and he ran," Leary said.

Gayla would still text back and forth with Sean, who she says suffers from short-term memory due to a brain injury at 17.
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Video post from Sean's mother stating Sean has been located and thanks everyone that prayed for him to be found safe.

MSM confirmation:
    A man who went missing from Odessa back in November has been found. According to officials in Henderson County, Sean Leary was arrested after he was spotted at the border.