Montana -- Police Officer shoots unarmed man then starts sobbing on dash cam

This was the second time he shot someone....totally justified both times both emotionally taxing when you realize you took someone's life,especially when later it's determined they were unarmed.

I don't understand in both instances why the person he was trying to arrest didn't just comply with what he was asking them to do. If you don't have a gun, don't reach in your pocket as if you do. If you have a BB gun and you don't drop it when the officer says to, you have to know you're going to get shot. I feel for this policeman. I really do. I'm sorry those two people's lives were lost but they have to be accountable for what happened. Like you said in both cases this office was justified in what he did. I wonder how he's handling it now?

Because there are some real idiots in this world.

Watch the snippet below, the police were called because three teens were walking around with a handgun.

The offer has his gun POINTED at them and is screaming at them and one rifles through his pockets, the other approaches, etc...

If these "kids" are so stupid they will search through their own pockets looking for their ipad when a police officer is pointing a gun at them well then maybe they need to get shot.

[video=youtu;q4bC8M7ZcRg]http://youtu.be/q4bC8M7ZcRg?t=1m17s[/video]

Thanks for posting that. The real gun and the BB gun were indistinguishable in the photos so it stands to reason (even if that kid did say it was a BB gun) that there's no way for the officer to determine that until he actually has possession of the gun. You're right, idiots.

Thanks for posting that. The real gun and the BB gun were indistinguishable in the photos so it stands to reason (even if that kid did say it was a BB gun) that there's no way for the officer to determine that until he actually has possession of the gun. You're right, idiots.

Did you watch the kid in the red jacket going through his pockets looking for his ipad?

If ONE might be armed and dangerous there is every reason to think the OTHERS might too.

I am very surprised by the officer's restraint -- not only for not shooting but for not cussing. I would have been screaming a string of profanities at them in the heat of the moment.

I didn't notice that. It was scary how the boy in the grey sweatshirt was standing so that the officer couldn't really see the other two sitting on the curb. It would have been so easy for one of those boys to take out a gun. Maybe the officer had a better view than the camera. I hope so.

This was the second time he shot someone....totally justified both times both emotionally taxing when you realize you took someone's life,especially when later it's determined they were unarmed.

Most LE officers go through their entire lives never shooting anyone- or even drawing their firearm. I will catch hell for saying this, but it seems more than a coincidence this keeps happening with this officer. Could be his body language, something. Anyway, something is just not right here.

Most LE officers go through their entire lives never shooting anyone- or even drawing their firearm. I will catch hell for saying this, but it seems more than a coincidence this keeps happening with this officer. Could be his body language, something. Anyway, something is just not right here.
I think saying "keeps happening " because this was the second time is a bit of a stretch. ..

And I think the fact there was even a second time is a stretch. But, we can just disagree..

That saying that 'most officers' never shoot anyone in their entire career, only works when u r factoring in all of the peaceful suburbs and sleepy rural towns. But if an officer works in a gang infested and/or urban precinct, then that will not always hold true.

That saying that 'most officers' never shoot anyone in their entire career, only works when u r factoring in all of the peaceful suburbs and sleepy rural towns. But if an officer works in a gang infested and/or urban precinct, then that will not always hold true.

Billings is just not that large a venue. I'd love to see how many police shootings took place in the area in the past few years, also the crime rate for the area of town it took place in.

All I am saying is maybe we ought not to be rushing into the mindset that this officer is automatically right- that's all.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back