Durham County LE

OriginalJerseyGirl

CERTIFIED FLYERS FANATIC!
Reaction score
Since we've speculated about what effects the shake-up in LE positions, etc., could mean to Janet's case, I wanted to share a couple of articles with all of you here.

heraldsun.com: Sheriff's Office makes promotions

Jul 22, 2005 : 10:06 pm ET

The Durham County Sheriff's Office on Friday announced a round of promotions throughout its ranks that will take place in coming weeks...

Detective John Helsius will stay in the detective bureau as a corporal while Detective Cpl. Stokes Barnes leaves the detective bureau and will become the sergeant in the Community Services division.

Deputy Larry King will move to the detective bureau from patrol on Aug. 1.

heraldsun.com: Black announces plan to run for Dur...

Calling herself a fair but tough prosecutor and conceding she is no politician, lawyer Freda Black ended weeks of speculation Friday by officially announcing she will run for Durham's district attorney next year.

"It's the right thing to do," said Black, who gained nationwide attention with her feisty, no-nonsense questions during Michael Peterson's 2003 murder trial.

Peterson was convicted and sentenced to life in prison without parole for beating his wife to death...

Cool.....I watched the Peterson east trial on ctv and thought the LE had done just fine....they kinda figured it was "too much blood for a fall" and got right on it. By the time they had pulled out the death in Germany I was hooked.

I don't recall the particulars......like when he was arrested...the time span from murder to arrest I don't recall but seems like it was a while.

chicoliving said:
Cool.....I watched the Peterson east trial on ctv and thought the LE had done just fine....they kinda figured it was "too much blood for a fall" and got right on it. By the time they had pulled out the death in Germany I was hooked.

I don't recall the particulars......like when he was arrested...the time span from murder to arrest I don't recall but seems like it was a while.
That's a good point. I also don't recall the span of time between murder & arrest. I'll have to look into that.

I'm happy to hear that Freda is running for D.A. She was outstanding in that case, (for which I wasted a huge chunk of my summer also watching it on CTV)!

This is what I was able to find:

COURTTV.COM - TRIALS - Recording of 911 call brings tears to Michael Peterson trial

Michael Peterson broke down in tears Wednesday as he heard a recording of a frantic telephone call he placed to 911 on Dec. 9, 2001.

Peterson told the dispatcher, Mary Allen, that he thought his wife, Kathleen Peterson, had fallen down 15 or 20 steps and was unconscious. "Please, please ... Get someone here," he wailed into the telephone...

Defense lawyer Thomas Maher used multiple exhibits to show the jury that prosecutors indicted Michael Peterson within 11 days of his wife's death but did not begin actively investigating the couple's finances until January 2002.

"All this information was being collected more than a month after Michael Peterson was arrested and put in jail for Christmas, correct?" Maher said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back