1204 users online (229 members and 975 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah7855 View Post
    Thinking about it, I couldn't tell you how many times I've heard my mother get my age wrong as I got older. "You're how old now, 29, right?" "No mom, 30." "Oh yeah, that's right, sorry honey". That sort of thing. I've heard my boyfriend's mother do the same to him. I wouldn't be surprised at all if something like that happened here.
    Very true. I can tell you what year my kids were born, but I have to do the math if you ask how old they are.

I'm still confused. Does anyone know the dates he lived in IL? His NamUs profile says he went missing June 1, 1995. How did he he make it to IL, make friends, get a job, etc and then end up in a car accident a few weeks after?
    Happy New Years

Thinking about it, I couldn't tell you how many times I've heard my mother get my age wrong as I got older. "You're how old now, 29, right?" "No mom, 30." "Oh yeah, that's right, sorry honey". That sort of thing. I've heard my boyfriend's mother do the same to him. I wouldn't be surprised at all if something like that happened here.
    This mom had a track record of getting dates and ages wrong. And it's not something I find unusual at all.

Quote Originally Posted by astridxx View Post
    I haven't seen her quoted as saying that, but a lot of the articles mention the recent social media push coupled with her 1/12/15 missing persons report.
    I thought I read that she saw the pics of IL Jason and confirmed they were her son? The photo of Callahan and IL Jason certainly look like they are one and the same.
    Happy New Years

Quote Originally Posted by Kymistry35 View Post
    I'm still confused. Does anyone know the dates he lived in IL? His NamUs profile says he went missing June 1, 1995. How did he he make it to IL, make friends, get a job, etc and then end up in a car accident a few weeks after?
    He still could have lived in IL, that's probably the date he was last seen. Wasn't there a lead from people he traveled with to concerts. They left him at Albany, NY. It could have also been the last time he contacted home.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymistry35 View Post
    He lived with the roommates from fall of 1994 to early spring of 1995. They last saw him in Feb of 1995, IIRC. His newly posted NamUS profile says that he was "last seen by family in Myrtle Beach in early June of 1995."

Sounds like someone in his family saw him after he left the roommates but just before the accident. I'll go look for links for the roommate info now and update.

ETA link:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post11360682 post #173 by plunderphonica

I feel very confident that Jason is a match. He lived in Champaign between about Aug/Sep 1994 and approximately Feb 1995. At that time he departed to parts unknown.
    Last edited by sarah7855; 01-14-2015 at 04:37 PM. Reason: added link

The truest love there is

Quote Originally Posted by astridxx View Post
    I haven't seen her quoted as saying that, but a lot of the articles mention the recent social media push coupled with her 1/12/15 missing persons report.
    She posted on the Grateful Doe FB that she saw the photos of Jason from IL and they were her son. The post was deleted shortly after.

He lived with the roommates from fall of 1994 to early spring of 1995. They last saw him in Feb of 1995, IIRC. His newly posted NamUS profile says that he was "last seen by family in Myrtle Beach in early June of 1995."

Sounds like someone in his family saw him after he left the roommates but just before the accident. I'll go look for links for the roommate info now and update.
    Ok. So that wasn't the date that he decided to follow the GD. He was already doing that and maybe came back home to visit or something before he left again
    Happy New Years

On June 2, 3, & 4, 1995 the Dead were finishing up the West Coast swing of their 1995 Summer Tour in Mountain View, CA. The East Coast swing began on June 15, 1995 in Highgate, VT. I would guess Jason started the East Coast swing in Vermont and rode the tour until RFK -- that was as a close to South Carolina as he was going to get until Missouri in July. It was his best chance to go home.

I'm so happy that all this is matching together.. I check all the posts 100 x .. In the new pic posted.. Those hands and thumbs match too !!

Its all so confusing, different people giving different details, but at the end of the day the DNA will give us the true answer. I hope it doesn't take as long as the Tammy Alexander/Cali comparison!

I'm so happy to see this case moving forward! It's coming up on 20 years he's been unidentified.

We will likely never know but it would be even more devastating if we found out he was traveling back home when he died.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exciting.
    As sad as this sounds, I never thought this case would make progress. I'm glad this day has come!
    I feel for the mother, but why did she wait 20 years to file a report?

Sent By Owl
    What you're dealing with is a horrendous crime. Three young boys murdered in cold blood. Just that alone upsets people. You look at the bodies and there are these savage injuries all over. It affects people emotionally and warps their judgement and then someone says, "Maybe it's satanic."

And they say, "Well the only type of person who would do this would be someone like that."

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    SO, of course, the "no known tattoo" statement about Jason Callahan is noteworthy.
    I think even more noteworthy, is no known scars. If I remember correctly (I have been known to be wrong, lol), there is a scar on GD's back. Tat's are routine for young people after they have left home (I have mine, lol), but scars are not typically so routine. Is the scar from a surgery? If so, who would have taken him/picked him up? So many questions... The waiting is the hardest part!
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
    -Kurt Cobain

Quote Originally Posted by Melissah12 View Post
    I think even more noteworthy, is no known scars. If I remember correctly (I have been known to be wrong, lol), there is a scar on GD's back. Tat's are routine for young people after they have left home (I have mine, lol), but scars are not typically so routine. Is the scar from a surgery? If so, who would have taken him/picked him up? So many questions... The waiting is the hardest part!
    Hard to say. I remember reading it was a small scar so who knows when and how that happened. I bet my adult son has scars I don't know about.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast