GUILTY MI - Baby Boy Mitin, newborn, Meridian Township, Dec 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Police Need Help Finding Missing Baby
Police in Meridian Township are urging anyone who may have seen this woman to call them.

Melissa Mitin is currently awaiting trial on the December 2013 death of her baby girl. However, while out on bond, Mitin got pregnant again.

During a hearing Tuesday to remove that child from her care, Mitin told the court she doesn't know where the baby boy is.

Police tell us she was pregnant in mid-December and had the baby sometime before January 1st.
http://www.wilx.com/home/headlines/Police-Need-Help-Finding-Missing-Baby-288595151.html

melissa+mitin1.jpg

Melissa Mitin

So she took off with the baby? That is scary considering she allegedly suffocated her newborn last year.

Baby of woman charged in newborn death missing
Lansing — Authorities say a 25-year-old woman charged with murder in the 2013 death of her baby girl gave birth to a boy last month who is now missing. Ingham County Assistant Prosecutor Debra Rousseau says Melissa Mitin of Okemos on Tuesday told an Ingham County family court judge that she “could not recall” where the baby boy is. On Wednesday, Rousseau told a Circuit Court judge the remark was “startling.” Mitin’s lawyer Frank Reynolds says he has “serious concerns about her psychological well-being.” The Lansing State Journal reports Jamo has granted a request by Reynolds for competency tests.
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...woman-charged-newborn-death-missing/21796009/

Accused mom 'can't recall' where infant boy is
Melissa Mitin on Tuesday told an Ingham County family court judge that she "could not recall" where the baby boy is, Ingham County Assistant Prosecutor Debra Rousseau said at a hearing today in circuit court. "Which is startling, to say the least," Rousseau said, adding: "We believe she is a danger to the community — and of course the most vulnerable members (of the community) are infants who can't speak for themselves."
http://www.11alive.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/01/14/woman-missing-infant/21786617/

I pretty sure this is a silly question, but the mom is being held due to that comment in court, correct?

And that's why people who hurt children should be sterilized.

IMO, this woman should have never been out on bond. I'm all for innocent until proven guilty, but a person charged with killing a child should have to wait it out in a jail cell.

It could be, but Roseville is quite a distance from Okemos. Seems a strange random location to drive to to dispose of an infant. Maybe though. :(

ETA: Oops, yet again guessed wrong. Looks like authorities feel the same: http://www.wilx.com/home/headlines/...cted-to-Missing-Baby-in-Okemos-288710951.html

Edited again to add. OMG< it says the baby froze to death. :(

The young mother probably thought she wouldn't be caught if she drove a long way to dispose of the newborn. :moo:

Do both infants have the same father?

If so or if not, any idea if he/or they are in the picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How on Earth was this woman not supervised 24/7 after the baby was born!? Drug addicts have their kids taken immediately from the hospital but a MURDERER is allowed to bring an innocent baby home? I am just baffled.

Do both infants have the same father?

If so or if not, any idea if he/or they are in the picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...Mitin was charged last year in the Dec. 26, 2013 death of her baby girl, after according to testimony, she concealed the pregnancy, gave birth in a bathroom and put the infant face down in a wastebasket. The umbilical cord and placenta were still attached.

At the time, Mitin, her parents and her sister were staying at a friend's Okemos home because their own house was without power after the ice storm. No one knew Mitin was pregnant, according to testimony.

A forensic pathologist said the infant died of positional asphyxiation. Mitin told police that after giving birth, the baby cried but then stopped breathing.

The father of that child was a student at Michigan State University who is now living in another country.

It's not known who the father of the baby boy born last month is, Reynolds said...

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/01/14/woman-missing-infant/21786617/

Quote from article ;

" Police also said trash and recyclables come to the center from across the community and even northern Ohio."

I am guessing this probably is her poor little boy. It sounds like this center receives recycling from all over, so she might not have even driven anywhere. Did she deliver at home and unassisted? Is that why they aren't sure when she delivered?

IMO, this woman should have never been out on bond. I'm all for innocent until proven guilty, but a person charged with killing a child should have to wait it out in a jail cell.
Especially when they are due to deliver another newborn imminently!

This woman is pure evil.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back