597 users online (80 members and 517 guests)  

Websleuths News

KY - Amy Haueter, 14, Fern Creek, 14 Jan 2005

Amy Lyn Haueter

Endangered Runaway from Fern Creek, Kentucky since January 14, 2005

Age: 14 -- Height: 5'0" -- Weight: 120 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Brown

Amy has a surgical scar from under her left arm to her breast.

Amy was last seen in Fern Creek, Kentucky on January 14, 2005. She is believed to have left of her own accord.

NCMEC

Charley Project

NamUs
    Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 01-15-2015 at 02:15 AM.

Missing 10 years today.

Ten years after disappearance of Fern Creek teen, family still seeks answers
    Posted: Jan 13, 2015 8:16 PM CST Updated: Jan 14, 2015 6:11 AM CST
    http://www.wdrb.com/story/27843215/t...-seeks-answers
    FERN CREEK, Ky. (WDRB) -- It has been 10 years since Amy Haueter's mother last saw her.
    She was 14-years-old when she disappeared in 2005 from her home in southeast Louisville, but her family is not giving up hope of finding her.
    Amy was last seen at Cedar Springs Apartments in Fern Creek where she lived with her mother. She told WDRB News that it was a Friday night and she had picked Amy up from movie. Early in the morning she went to check on her, the 14-year-old was gone.
    "She wouldn't just not talk to anybody for 10 years," said Amy's brother Clinton, who hasn't seen her in nearly a decade. "You know she went out that night to meet some friends and never came back."
    That was Jan. 15, 2005.

Why do they think she's a runaway? There must be more info than this :-S she was only fourteen years old at the time, that's very young to just be able to disappear. Someone knows something.

Quote Originally Posted by spangled View Post
    Why do they think she's a runaway? There must be more info than this :-S she was only fourteen years old at the time, that's very young to just be able to disappear. Someone knows something.
    I found the following info, but I agree... someone knows something... and so many years have gone by without any contact.

Four Local Children Missing, One In Immediate Danger

"Amy Haueter was 14 when she ran away in 2005. Sgt. Roehrs says she has run away before. "She did have a drug problem when she took off from home," he said."

"Police believe all four could be living with friends or relatives in the Kentuckiana area, but there is always the worry that they won't be found alive, but Roehrs says "at this point in time, we don't believe any of them are dead."

Roehrs stressed that police are not looking to put anyone in jail. They just want to find the children and let family members know they're OK.

"They're not forgotten by their family and they're not forgotten by the police," Roehrs said. "We have family members that do care and are wanting these kids returned. They're out there. Somebody knows where they are."

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.as...type=printable

This is so sad.

KY - Amy Lyn Haueter, 14, Fern Creek, 14 Jan 2005

Quote Originally Posted by KateB View Post
    Ten years after disappearance of Fern Creek teen, family still seeks answers
    Posted: Jan 13, 2015 8:16 PM CST Updated: Jan 14, 2015 6:11 AM CST
    http://www.wdrb.com/story/27843215/t...-seeks-answers
    Here is the NCMEC's age progression photo:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

I found a few more interviews/quotes with Amy's mother:

"I went downstairs to tell her to come on up and go to bed and she was gone," said Becky Haueter. Her daughter, Amy was last seen Louisville in 2005. She was considered a chronic runaway.

That's why Becky says "when she left this time, even I thought it's going to be a few days."

But now, nearly three years later, there is still no sign of Amy. Her profile is even on the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

http://projectjason.org/forums/topic...al-news/page-2

and another here:
    "There are days that I hope that she's happy someplace," said Becky Haueter about her missing daughter, Amy, "that she's living with somebody that's taking care of her."

In 2007, after a happy ending in another long-term missing child case, Haueter talked about Amy, who she hasn't seen since Amy disappeared in the Fern Creek area in 2005 when she was just 14.

"The leads just went nowhere," Haueter said.

http://www.ktre.com/story/22197952/a...-in-louisville

A bump.

I do wonder how closely LE have looked at the family in this case. Whilst I would assume they are just desperate to have her back it is a sad fact that most such cases either involve some involvement or knowledge by a member of family. My main reason for wondering in this case is the record of her brother, Clinton who was 16/17 when she disappeared. In 2012 he was sentenced to 5 years (probation?) for a range of burglary and drugs offences and was arrested again in 2013, which suggests he may have had knowledge of the circles Amy moved in back in 2005 (given her drugs background). Of course, he may have gone awry later in reaction to the family issues and know nothing useful.

I will say that I know Clinton personally and he is a clean & sober man who is recently married to a nurse and has a great head on his shoulders. I think he had absolutely nothing to do with this. And the 5 years was probation, never prison time. Just wanted to clear that up.

Quote Originally Posted by alb1on View Post
    A bump.

I do wonder how closely LE have looked at the family in this case. Whilst I would assume they are just desperate to have her back it is a sad fact that most such cases either involve some involvement or knowledge by a member of family. My main reason for wondering in this case is the record of her brother, Clinton who was 16/17 when she disappeared. In 2012 he was sentenced to 5 years (probation?) for a range of burglary and drugs offences and was arrested again in 2013, which suggests he may have had knowledge of the circles Amy moved in back in 2005 (given her drugs background). Of course, he may have gone awry later in reaction to the family issues and know nothing useful.

Quote Originally Posted by jessj817 View Post
    I will say that I know Clinton personally and he is a clean & sober man who is recently married to a nurse and has a great head on his shoulders. I think he had absolutely nothing to do with this. And the 5 years was probation, never prison time. Just wanted to clear that up.
    I understand. I did not think he had anything to do directly with her disappearance, rather that he may have useful information from having known some of the people and activities she had involvement with. It is never safe to assume LE will have looked in detail into such matters -especially when they seem fixated on the runaway line. Obviously he would retain the knowledge of the local drug milieu and the stories even though he has turned his life around. It is possible something buried in that knowledge would trigger a link with LE.