760 users online (121 members and 639 guests)  

Websleuths News

AZ - Diana Vicari, 19, Tucson, 23 Oct 1992

Dismembered and thrown in a dumpster: Who killed Diana Vicari?
    By Marcelino Benito. CREATED Jan 15, 2014

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Twenty-one years later and the alley on 7th and Ferro still has that eery feel. In a Tucson dumpster, police found Diana Vicari's arms, severed from her body.

"It hit us all really hard, really hard," said Angela Vicari, Diana's sister.

[...]

For the longest time, county prosecutors and the Vicari family believed Lemuel Prion killed and dismembered Diana. Diana's car was found just days later near La Cholla and Osa St., just blocks away from where Prion lived at the time. In 1999, he was convicted and sentenced to death for the grisly crime.

"I did not murder Vicari, nor did I know her," said Prion at one of his court hearings.

He always claimed innocence and in 2002 his conviction and death sentence was overturned. There was no murder weapon or strong physical evidence to link Prion to Vicari's brutal killing, only arms in a dumpster. Diana's family was back at square one. The killer still out there.

[...]

TPD's cold case unit is reviewing the case. They are urging the public to come forward with new leads. Someone out there could very well hold the key to this decades old ca

[...]

If you have any information about this case, call 88-crime or TPD's Cold Case Unit at (520) 837-7588.
    Last edited by bessie; 01-16-2015 at 04:47 PM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Diana Vicari is listed with NamUs, presumably because only partial remains (arms) were located.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20424/73

News articles:

Slaying of 19-year-old open wound for family

Utah inmate indicted in 1992 slaying
    Associated Press Published: Sunday, Aug. 31 1997 12:00 a.m. MDT

A Pima County grand jury indicted convicted rapist Lemuel Prion on Thursday on charges of first-degree murder, sexual assault, aggravated assault and kidnapping.A woman collecting aluminum cans found Diana Dawn Vicari's arms in October 1992. The rest of the 19-year-old college student's body was never found, though her car was found within two blocks of where Prion lived at the time.

Mystery shrouds 1992 murder
    Tucson Citizen
    by Gabrielle Fimbres on Apr 20, 1994

[...]

“My name is Kathy Pashos, and my daughter Diana Vicari’s severed arms were found in a dumpster.’

Horrifying words for a mother to utter. But for Kathy, they are reality.

[...]

Diana, Kathy’s third-born child, was last seen alive in the early morning hours of Oct. 23, 1992. She was looking for friends in the parking lot of the Tucson Convention Center, where a rock concert was being held.

The following afternoon, a homeless woman looking for cans found Diana’s bloody, severed arms protruding from a plastic garbage bag in a dumpster just north of downtown. The rest of Diana’s body has not been found, and no arrests have been made.

[...]

Kathy drove to every spot in the city she could think of where Diana might have gone.

The searching stopped when Kathy called her daughter, Debbie, who was at home, waiting for word.

“She said, `They just had a bulletin on TV. Two arms were found in a dumpster. Mom, I know these are Diana’s arms.’ ‘

Later that evening, Kathy was shown a ring that was found on one of the fingers. It was a ring Diana had been given by her father, one she always wore.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

This ain't much, but here's his Murderpedia profile...

Lemuel PRION (Murderpedia.org)

Diana Vicari's sister wrote & sung a song she posted on facebook for her sister. There are a lot of articles regarding this case in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KrZKiuy0I4

Does anyone remember the case of the young woman who was brutally raped and had her arms severed but lived to tell her story? Is there any possibility the cases could be related? I know the case I'm thinking of was in the southwest or Southern California.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Answered my own question. Mary Vincent raped and maimed in 1978 by Lawrence Singleton in Modesto, California. He was out of prison and off probation from approximately 1989-1997. He tried to settle in several California towns and eventually returned to Florida. But that does not mean he did not go back and forth and drive through Arizona.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Vid of local news report: