'The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven' didn't go, says boy

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Guardian:

Bestselling account of heavenly journey crashes to earth

Whichever way you read it, this is a little shocking: the publishers of a bestselling account of a six-year-old’s journey to heaven – there and back – have decided to pull the book, the Washington Post reports. Written by Alex Malarkey (apt surname) with his father Kevin, 'The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven' has won many readers with its account of his experience of “miracles, angels and life beyond this world” following an awful car crash that put him in a coma for two months and left him paralysed.

But five years later Alex has stunned readers with the revelation that – get this – he was lying.
---
the rest at link above

I was a bit surprised to find a thread here, but I'm going to bump it anyway.

In the meantime, the parents divorced (Alex lives with his mother in Ohio; the other 3 children in the family live with their father in Colorado) and while I understand divorce, I just don't understand abandoning a child, which is apparently what happened. (Among other things, I found the father's Facebook pages, and there are no pictures of Alex on it, whereas there are of the other kids.)

AND

The father is taking measures to evict Alex and his mother FROM THEIR OWN HOME. Apparently their lawyer died and some paperwork wasn't filed on deadline as a result, and even if the raises enough money for them to buy him out, that may not be possible either.

I did find a newspaper story, but it's paywalled. I heard about it on this You Tube video, and yes, this pastor is also disabled himself - cerebral palsy - but nothing like Alex, who is a ventilator-dependent quadriplegic.

I was a bit surprised to find a thread here, but I'm going to bump it anyway.

In the meantime, the parents divorced (Alex lives with his mother in Ohio; the other 3 children in the family live with their father in Colorado) and while I understand divorce, I just don't understand abandoning a child, which is apparently what happened. (Among other things, I found the father's Facebook pages, and there are no pictures of Alex on it, whereas there are of the other kids.)

AND

The father is taking measures to evict Alex and his mother FROM THEIR OWN HOME. Apparently their lawyer died and some paperwork wasn't filed on deadline as a result, and even if the raises enough money for them to buy him out, that may not be possible either.

I did find a newspaper story, but it's paywalled. I heard about it on this You Tube video, and yes, this pastor is also disabled himself - cerebral palsy - but nothing like Alex, who is a ventilator-dependent quadriplegic.

Just to confirm, this story is not about ‘Heaven Is For Real’, correct?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back