911 users online (169 members and 742 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

FL - Joshua Redding, 24, Osteen, 9 January 2015

Joshua Redding

Volunteers needed as family searches for missing Osteen man
    OSTEEN --
    Fliers plastered in Volusia County ask for help in finding a man who investigators say hasn’t been seen for more than a week.
    Joshua Redding, 24, AU.S. Army Veteran, was last seen at his Osteen house more than a week ago and was reported missing on Monday - his truck left in the driveway and cell phone in the house. “You just pray that somebody may run across him and just see something and report it to give us something to go on,” said Redding’s mother, Tracey.

Redding is bi-polar and does not have his medication with him, something that not only concerns his family but also investigators. “That also ratchets up our concern level. That’s why we want to find him and bring him home safe and sound to his family to make sure he gets the attention and care that needs,” said Gary Davidson with the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office. Redding served in the Army, loves to hunt and loves to play the guitar – taking it with him wherever he went, even up the road to get gas.

He was last seen wearing blue jeans, a dark t-shirt and brown cowboy boots. He has a tattoo of “MawMaw” on his left bicep.

At this point investigators do not believe foul play is involved, but have been searching throughout Volusia County in wooded areas and fields. The family will search on ATVs and horseback throughout the weekend.
    http://www.missingveterans.com/2015/joshua-redding/
    http://www.mynews13.com/content/news...needed_as.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

This kid is basically in my back yard. It sucks that my knee is too sore for me to search. If I rest up today and Sunday, maybe I can use the holiday on Monday to check around.

The FB page mentions that police searched for him behind Walmart and around Courtland. I pulled up a map. And I assume they mean that he was thought to be in the area bordered by Howland, Doyle and Courtland. Lake Butler is kind of in that area. I wonder why they think he went into that area and not somewhere east of 415.

I also read he was seen in the UCF area. If that's the case I'm sure he didn't walk there from Osteen.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Search for missing Osteen man resumes
    OSTEEN --
    The search resumed Saturday morning for a missing Volusia County man who investigators say hasn’t been seen for more than a week.

Searchers have looked in area woods and fields, but have not located 24-year-old Joshua Redding.

Friday night, Redding’s family stopped by local businesses and posted fliers of the Osteen man on doors and in windows.

He was last seen at his house Friday, Jan. 9 and reported missing Monday, Jan. 12. Redding’s truck and cell phone were left in the driveway.

Redding served in the Army, loves to hunt and loves to play the guitar – taking it with him wherever he went, even up the road to get gas.
    http://www.mynews13.com/content/news...a_redding.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I saw that he had a 2013 charge for grand theft. I hope he gets things straightened out. It's not like he was fleeing from his probation officer. He was just having some personal issues. I hope they give him help and don't make things worse.