searchingforanna.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annasmom

Reaction score
This is just to let you all know that the website www.searchingforanna.com is no longer functional and that when the host server's term expired, the material on the site was not kept. If anyone is interested (or able) to start a new page under the same domain name, that name is paid up for another few years. Otherwise, the link to this site should be removed from your posts, since it leads nowhere...much like many of our attempts at finding Anna all these years.

This is just to let you all know that the website www.searchingforanna.com is no longer functional and that when the host server's term expired, the material on the site was not kept. If anyone is interested (or able) to start a new page under the same domain name, that name is paid up for another few years. Otherwise, the link to this site should be removed from your posts, since it leads nowhere...much like many of our attempts at finding Anna all these years.
I am delighted to report that a member has volunteered to help get the web page back up, so you can all keep the link on your posts, even though it is not working yet. Do spread the word about The Thrilling Adventures of Number 18, please, (Available on Amazon.com) since this is the only recent thing with potentially wide distribution which might get Anna's attention if she's still out there.

If you need anymore help let me know, I am a web designer and would love to help if needed.

Anything happening with the site?

Anything happening with the site?

The wayback machine archived searchingforanna.com and can be found at the link below.

https://web.archive.org/web/20131230150448/http://searchingforanna.com/

It was captured 34 times between 2007 and 2014 - it looks like the site was already down when it tried to capture it in 2014 but all info up until that point is available.

If she didnt get the material before the website was pulled she can download it from the wayback machine link either by going page by page downloading the html/pictures or downloaded a free program that will automatically download all the content of a site.

You could also just update the searchingforanna links with the wayback machine link instead of hosting a whole new page - they never delete websites and the site is fully functional when using the wayback link.

I just saw this post. Thinking of you today Anna and Annasmom too!

I see that the website isn't up yet - is there something I can do to help? I have some basic web design knowledge.

It should be fairly simple to create a new wordpress site for example, copying everything (and updating!) information from the wayback machine. Then, it would be necessary to connect the wordpress site to the existing domain name. There would be some cost involved, probably in the $100 range per year? Depending on the progress made by other volunteers (or lack of) I think Anna's Mom should contact me to discuss it. It would make sense for Anna's Mom to create her own (free) wordpress.com account with her very own login and password. That way in the future, she can control all of this if needed. Then, she can add me as an admin and I can take it from there for the creation/update.

Annasmom, would you like to own and maintain the website yourself?

It should be fairly simple to create a new wordpress site for example, copying everything (and updating!) information from the wayback machine. Then, it would be necessary to connect the wordpress site to the existing domain name. There would be some cost involved, probably in the $100 range per year? Depending on the progress made by other volunteers (or lack of) I think Anna's Mom should contact me to discuss it. It would make sense for Anna's Mom to create her own (free) wordpress.com account with her very own login and password. That way in the future, she can control all of this if needed. Then, she can add me as an admin and I can take it from there for the creation/update.

Why would it need to cost 100 dollars?

Annasmom, would you like to own and maintain the website yourself?

Thanks for your recent posts, Vivette, but I'm afraid maintaining a website is really beyond me. By the way, regarding the "Bobby" business, I had a Dutch friend who called someone Bobby and said it meant "baby", but that may have been in a different language...such as the language of the friend, who was not Dutch.

Alright, well I guess it doesn't need a lot of maintaining anyway, so that's not important right now.

What is important however, is that my boyfriend and I are going to build a new website. We'll use the old website for most of the information, but I would like to hear ideas from people here aswell.

So if you have any, please tell me, so we can make the website the best it can be.

Thanks

Anna's mom, I haven't listened yet but I just saw that In Sight podcast's episode this week is on Anna. Just in case you didn't know yet!

Anna's mom, I haven't listened yet but I just saw that In Sight podcast's episode this week is on Anna. Just in case you didn't know yet!
I don't know what that is, but I'll Google it. You'd think they would contact me if they're doing a program about my daughter.

I would have thought so too. They did talk about your book, so I'm surprised they didn't.

I hope to get up the nerve soon to try my hand at a podcast. If I do, I'd love to figure out the best way to present Anna's story, including talking with you and others, if open to that.

Thank you. I have added this podcast to my stitcher stations and will listen tonight.

I know nothing about Anna.

It's good to remember her, Anna's mom, as painful as it may be. Forgetting her is the only other option. [emoji173]

I would never have known about this podcast except for your notice, ObserverEagle, so I appreciate it a lot. This pair did an amazing amount of research, but there are some flat-out errors that I wanted to correct. The site did not allow me to post them. Mostly these have to do with speculation such as "police did favor the assumption that Anna had fallen into the creek." This was always a possibility but never an assumption either by me or by the police or the National Association for Missing and Exploited Children, which lists her case as a "probable non-family abduction." The podcast mentions "the plan" but says it was found in George Waters's safety deposit box (it was among the papers left in his hotel room, and the family gave them to me.) For some reason, the podcast neglected to say that the date Jan. 16, 1973, was written on this note which had been written quite some time before that date. DrDoogie's discovery of this note was much more significant than all the extensive speculation about mental illness. I do not remember an inquiry to the San Francisco Public Administrator's office which said George Brody was born August 25, 1923, but that was mentioned, along with the amount of alimony and child support GW paid. I'd be very interested in others' reaction to this broadcast. It was certainly strange to hear myself and my family discussed in this very familiar way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail