Plus size prom teen gets hatred, and love

zwiebel

Reaction score
18-year-old Sumner County, Tennessee student Kristen Layne decided to put her junior prom dress up for sale via Facebook, to raise money to buy her senior prom dress. She's plus size.

Two men she didn't know immediately decided to post hateful, nasty messages about her being fat, and not beautiful. Although quite why they were looking for prom dresses for sale isn't known......

Anyhow, it doesn't matter what their motives were because the local community didn't like it. Nor did her daddy. :) Kristen suddenly found $400 had been donated to buy herself that senior prom dress, and that she has a lot of support from people who don't agree with the haters' opinions.

I hope she posts pics of her prom night, and really enjoys it. For the record, I like that purple grown. There's a poem about growing old and wearing purple that I really like but am too old to remember properly. But it's left me with a love of purple, anyhow. Here it is:

http://m.poemhunter.com/poem/warning/

And here is the link for the pic, story about the lovely purple prom dress.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/27823525/community-rallies-behind-sumner-co-teen-bullied-on-facebook

Attachments

• 6417641_G.jpg
    6417641_G.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 45
I have no idea why that poem I posted above has a warning - I swear there is nothing rude. Unless it's the line about buying satin sandals and then fibbing about having no money to buy butter?

That poem is entitled "Warning", Zweibel. ;D It's a warning to everyone that when she's old she's going to be quirky.

I think that poem is where the "Red Hat Society" comes from. Loosely formed groups of women 50+ years old who wear red hats and do really fun stuff together.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back