ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #4

Hoping that this will be the last thread on Thomas Gregory Bearson in which his murder remains unsolved. Rest in peace Tom. Prayers for peace and comfort go out to the Bearson family and all of those that loved Tom.

I'm bringing this over from the last thread:

Originally posted by CantNotCare

Fargo Dispatch logs do not show "Border Cities Towing called into service at 2:19 am", on 9-20-14. FD log only shows impaired driver for that date/time, which appears to be a more than daily event in Fargo.

http://www.cityoffargo.com/CityInfo/...patchLogs.aspx
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the log entry:

9/20/2014 2:19:24 AM 3400 BLK MAIN AVE Impaired Driver 1055\\TS

The 1055 at the end of the entry means intoxicated driver. Please tell us what the TS at the end means since, according to you, it doesn't mean Tow Service.

Thank you Rocco. It appears a lot of information posted here is mere assumption but is stated in a way that implies it is factual.

Fargo Dispatch logs do not show "Border Cities Towing called into service at 2:19 am", on 9-20-14. FD log only shows impaired driver for that date/time, which appears to be a more than daily event in Fargo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the log entry:

The 1055 at the end of the entry means intoxicated driver. Please tell us what the TS at the end means since, according to you, it doesn't mean Tow Service.

TS is noted on Fargo PD Dispatch Logs as "Traffic Stop".
http://www.cityoffargo.com/CityInfo/Departments/Police/DispatchLog/FargoPDDispatchLogs.aspx
Use this link and then hit MORE SEARCH OPTIONS on the right below the calendar. You can search by date and/or by Call Type; TS. There is no CODE noted for Tow Service.

1055 is a code that is used nationwide.

Nationally from state to state and apparently from department to department it can mean different things.

In the Fargo police department, the code 1055 can be seen easily on their own website, as 'Impaired Driver'.

In reading back through my posts or Rocco's I don't see ANYWHERE in any post that the code 1055 has been represented as anything else than, 'Impaired Driver'.

Now, if you look at this link; http://www.cityoffargo.com/CityInfo/Departments/Police/DispatchLog/FargoPDDispatchLogs.aspx

You will see that the 'Call type' initials TS are listed all the way down. However you will notice that half of them do not say, 'Traffic Stop' they simply denote TS.

This is a call for Tow Service.

My suggestion would be, if you have further questions, feel free to call the Fargo Police Department in Fargo, ND.

OR you could EMAIL them.

On that note, I would like to take this time to thank Scottish_Rite and DennyGreen for posting VERIFICATION and also for their positive posts on here. Nice to see some sunshine in such a very dark place.

Here's some links you may find helpful on this issue:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/...QR2dGlkA1lIUzAwMl8x?qid=20090226180150AAiABlG

http://www.policecodes.net/ten-codes/10-55

http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-the-code-1055-mean-in-police-terms

https://www.einvestigator.com/police-ten-codes/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten-code

TS is noted on Fargo PD Dispatch Logs as "Traffic Stop".
http://www.cityoffargo.com/CityInfo/Departments/Police/DispatchLog/FargoPDDispatchLogs.aspx
Use this link and then hit MORE SEARCH OPTIONS on the right below the calendar. You can search by date and/or by Call Type; TS. There is no CODE noted for Tow Service.

Thanks for the explanation. I still don't understand however, how anyone can state for a fact the car of an intoxicated driver wasn't towed as this is a common practice.

Thanks for the explanation. I still don't understand however, how anyone can state for a fact the car of an intoxicated driver wasn't as this is a common practice.
both myself and one of the mods asked for verification of the statement that the vehicle wasn't towed and all we received was a link to an article about the police stop. As far as I'm concerned the vehicle was towed until I see proof otherwise. Because I say so just doesn't cut it with me.

Has anyone called the impound lot to see if C MC's car was impounded on that date (9-12-2014)? I am not local so I don't know where to begin to find out. But I do not think there is any tow lot confidence laws that would prevent it. It either was or was not towed that night. It would be interesting to find out how much the tow and storage bill would have been. His friend (of one month) got a fine of $400.00 from the MUI charge. When one adds the possible tow and storage charges that could add up to one mad "friend".

I also noted on the NCCourts.Gov site on Tommy's case under his DOB on the Register Of Documents page his DOD is 9-20-2014. So apparently his official DOD was documented on that date, which is the night he disappeared and not the date they found his remains.

JMO's

both myself and one of the mods asked for verification of the statement that the vehicle wasn't towed and all we received was a link to an article about the police stop. As far as I'm concerned the vehicle was towed until I see proof otherwise. Because I say so just doesn't cut it with me.

It's a piece of a puzzle that fits into IBSleuthin's excellent post on the previous thread. Since there's nothing to dispute it, it should remain on the puzzle board. Tom left the party house at 3:40am. Who was around and what happened then that he's no longer with us???

I'd be very inclined to assume a vehicle IS towed as the result of a DUI vs assume it WASNT. That's just routine, no? If this is in debate someone sure could call if you got free time.

Did this discussion start as a result of Rocco's observation on the tow yards in Fargo and Moorhead? Trying to understand the reason for debate.

I'd be very inclined to assume a vehicle is towed as the result of a DUI. That's just routine, no? If this is in debate someone sure could call if you got free time.

Here's a link to towing information for Fargo, including fees.

http://www.cityoffargo.com/CityInfo/TowingandImpound/

This is one of the reasons vehicles get towed by the PD:
'The police department may impound a vehicle when the driver is under arrest' An impaired driver would have been arrested.

ETA: Notice the tow yard is open 24/7

It's a piece of a puzzle that fits into IBSleuthin's excellent post on the previous thread. Since there's nothing to dispute it, it should remain on the puzzle board. Tom left the party house at 3:40am. Who was around and what happened then that he's no longer with us???

I agree Rocco. Any reasonable posts that lead to discussion can only help. I do not understand why when information is posted that leads the discussion in a new direction, some people seem to want to literally destroy that posters credibility. This just baffles me. I thought we were all here to unite towards a common goal. I did not realize that there was a pack mentality here that deemed one a leader and the rest followers. I appreciate any post that is made in earnest no matter who makes it. I don't appreciate the belittling behavior of those that downright disparage others just because they have and are willing to post thoughts, ideas and/or theories that go against what someone else thinks. As far as I know none of us are privy to what occurred the night/morning that TB disappeared and was murdered. If I'm wrong then by all means that person should step up and tell us and the police exactly what happened so the rest of us can move onto another case where our input is appreciated and needed.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Has anyone called the impound lot to see if C MC's car was impounded on that date (9-12-2014)? I am not local so I don't know where to begin to find out. But I do not think there is any tow lot confidence laws that would prevent it. It either was or was not towed that night. It would be interesting to find out how much the tow and storage bill would have been. His friend (of one month) got a fine of $400.00 from the MUI charge. When one adds the possible tow and storage charges that could add up to one mad "friend".

I also noted on the NCCourts.Gov site on Tommy's case under his DOB on the Register Of Documents page his DOD is 9-20-2014. So apparently his official DOD was documented on that date, which is the night he disappeared and not the date they found his remains.

JMO's

A younger person I know recently had his car towed, (In a different state but I'm using it as a for instance). He drove a much older car. He was told he had to pay towing fees and fines and $20.00 PER DAY storage charge.

There was no way he had that kind of money, so as he was trying to get up the money to pay the fines and fees, the daily storage fees just kept adding up. Soon, the costs were more than his vehicle was worth. His vehicle was forfeited then under some kind of agreement that the towing companies have and the towing company still had his car on the impound lot six months later. (My understanding is that it is very, very common for this to happen).

(Then it went to a salvage yard for crushing).

This event is partly what got me wondering about towing yards and why Tom would potentially have been walking west that early morning. In the case of the young man I know, he still had some belongings in that car that were valuable to him and he very strongly wanted to get those belongings before the car was sent out for crushing.

Very good point about the DOD. I had noticed that when they printed his obituary. So it says something, but what I don't know.

Here's the log entry:

I believe 2/20/2014 is the date of Tommy's DOD and disappearance. The date of his DUI / MIP was 9/12/2014 in the early morning hours and was on the 10:30 AM docket at Court. It appears to me the "impaired driver" was at 2:23 AM.

JMO

I believe 2/20/2014 is the date of Tommy's DOD and disappearance. The date of his DUI / MIP was 9/12/2014 in the early morning hours and was on the 10:30 AM docket at Court. It appears to me the "impaired driver" was at 2:23 AM.

JMO

Good catch. I read right over that date.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb