Saudi Arabia - Woman's beheading in parking lot filmed, man arrested

zwiebel

Reaction score
A leaked video of a woman's execution in a parking lot in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, has caused shockwaves throughout the world.

'A Myanmar woman beheaded in a Saudi street this week for killing her husband's young daughter is seen screaming her innocence in a video posted on the Internet Saturday.

Saudi authorities have arrested someone for filming the incident, said local newspaper websites, including Okaz and Al-Riyadh, in reports accompanied by still shots from the recording.

They did not say what the arrest was for.

The official Saudi Press Agency said Monday that Layla bint Abdul Mutaleb Bassim was executed in the Muslim holy city of Mecca for killing her husband's six-year-old daughter.'...

http://www.france24.com/en/20150117...ditorial&ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter

The leaked video is at this link. WARNING, GRAPHIC.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c83_1421339442

ETA: This was a state-sanctioned execution and there doesn't seem to be a law against filming it, despite the man's apparent arrest. So officially, no crime has been committed. That's why I've posted the story here and not in crimes in the news.

Obviously this has NOTHING to do with Islam! Islam is a religion of peace [sarcasm]

Executions generally aren't pretty. All things considered it was a much quicker kill than the electric chair.

Sure didn't look very professional, I have to wonder if the executioner was her ex-husband or another relative of the little girl. The victim's family has the right to kill the condemned themselves if they want to, OR spare their life. The woman can be glad that the swordsman tried to be quick; he did a fairly decent albeit awkward job.

I wonder if it is even true that she killed the girl.

I wonder if it is even true that she killed the girl.

Her husband saying she did is enough for a guilty verdict. Wonderful system, no?

And a parking lot?

I can't believe I live in the same times as these people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back