Tanzania - Pendo Nundi, 4, Mwanza, 27 Dec 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Abducted albino four-year-old is feared to have been killed so her body parts can be used in witch doctors' potions in Tanzania
24603B2D00000578-2894231-image-a-2_1420197409901.jpg

Arusha (Tanzania) (AFP) - Tanzanian police on Sunday offered a reward for information leading to the recovery, dead or alive, of an albino girl feared to have been kidnapped for her body parts.

Four-year-old Pendo Emmanuelle Nundi was kidnapped late last month from her home in the northern Mwanza region, but has yet to be found despite several arrests.

Body parts from albinos are sought after in Tanzania for witchcraft, and at least 74 albinos have been murdered in the east African country since 2000, according to United Nations experts. Since the girl's disappearance, police have arrested 15 people -- including the girl's father and two uncles. The government has also imposed a ban on witchdoctors and has launched an education campaign to end the killing of albinos. In August, a UN rights expert warned that attacks against albinos were on the rise because Tanzania's October 2015 presidential election was on the horizon, encouraging political campaigners to turn to influential sorcerers for help.

Albino body parts sell for around $600 in Tanzania, with an entire corpse fetching $75,000.
http://news.yahoo.com/tanzania-police-offer-reward-missing-albino-girl-180638391.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I had no idea that this was going on...wow. How repulsive.

OH NOOOO....don't even know what to say...tragic

I have read in detail about this. There are special camps set up to try to protect these people. I'm sickened that in 2014 people still practice such things....and get away with it.

A family in my town has albinism and the thought of this happening to them or them having to live in a protective camp blows my mind. We have no idea how great our life is here in the USA. Pray they find this little one.

A family in my town has albinism and the thought of this happening to them or them having to live in a protective camp blows my mind. We have no idea how great our life is here in the USA. Pray they find this little one.

I was appalled at this. Absolutely disgusted. I thought that this needed to be read.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back