1214 users online (196 members and 1018 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Little Jedi is offline "I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally" W. C. Fields
    Quote Originally Posted by No_Stone_Unturned View Post
    Indeed. And this year will be The Year Of The SHEEP. (I wonder what LM is!!)

-----------------------------------------
    " The more we learn, the more we discover how much we do not know. "
    Yoda

CBC hopefully is putting some pressure on the 'optics' of this case.
    Taxpayers have footed over $376,000 just to bring LM back Canada from Europe ...... never mind how much of a bill he's racked up for his trial and now with impending appeal hearing.....it's making for an expensive case.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/luka-m...ials-1.2958405

with national defence budgets facing cost ..... grrrr

"After Magnotta's conviction, National Defence released more than 1,700 pages of emails documenting the cost of repatriation, the debate over options and the scramble to whisk him home after he agreed to extradition, lest he change his mind.

The messages, obtained under the Access to Information Act, also offer a rare look behind the curtain at the government's efforts to keep details of the "sensitive" mission out of the public spotlight"

there is one very important key point here

"Officials felt crunched for time because Magnotta had declined to fight extradition, the emails show, so they chose the long-range Airbus — an option that avoided a pit stop between Berlin and Montreal.

"It is not a life and limb thing but still a requirement to not delay more (than) necessary," said one email. "That is one of the RCMP requirements."
    Just My Opinion

Lightbulb

Well, thank God:

NEWSTALK1010 ‏@newstalk1010 19m19 minutes ago

#BREAKING: Luka Magnotta to drop appeal in murder conviction.
    Seeking justice for Audrey Gleave
    -------------------------------------------
    *ALL POSTS ARE MY OWN OPINIONS UNLESS I GIVE A LINK OR REFER TO OTHERS*
    “The inspiration you seek is already inside you. Be silent and listen." ~ Rumi

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2...ports-say.html
    Magnotta’s case is scheduled to return before the province’s Court of Appeal on Wednesday, less than a month after he announced he was appealing the conviction and wanted a new trial.

Radio-Canada reported Tuesday that Magnotta’s lawyer Luc Leclair has told them he will withdraw his client’s two appeals on Wednesday.
    JMO

Little Jedi is offline "I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally" W. C. Fields

Omg !

*Well, thank God:*

NEWSTALK1010 ‏@newstalk1010 19m19 minutes ago

#BREAKING: Luka Magnotta to drop appeal in murder conviction.

*Yes ! * I'm just so glad JLs family doesn't have to go thru any more heartbreak
    Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Little Jedi View Post

*Yes ! * I'm just so glad JLs family doesn't have to go thru any more heartbreak

As difficult as this New Year will be for them -- I am hopeful that there will be good people in the circle of friends to uplift their spirits during New Year Celebrations.....
    Just My Opinion

Lightbulb

IT'S OFFICIALLY OVER:

http://www.newstalk1010.com/news/201...y-drops-appeal

--------------------------

Luka Rocco Magnotta has formally withdrawn his appeal of a conviction in the first-degree murder of Jun Lin.

Magnotta appeared before the Quebec Court of Appeal by video conference from jail on Wednesday.

A judge asked him if he was dropping his appeal voluntarily and Magnotta replied that he was.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2...onviction.html

Luka Rocco Magnotta has formally withdrawn his appeal of a conviction in the first-degree murder of Jun Lin.

Magnotta's lawyer dropped the appeal Wednesday during a hearing at the Quebec Court of Appeal.
    JMO

http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/02...of-the-murder/

Lin Jun’s father, Luka Magnotta are prepared to meet in ‘spirit of truth’ to discuss night of the murder

Lin’s Montreal lawyer, Daniel Urbas, said Lin wants to meet with Magnotta, but only if Urbas and a translator are present. He couldn’t say when a potential meeting would take place but he did say that Lin wants to learn more “about what happened that night.”

Does anyone think that this is a good idea?
    JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Paintr View Post
    http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/02...of-the-murder/

Lin Jun’s father, Luka Magnotta are prepared to meet in ‘spirit of truth’ to discuss night of the murder

Lin’s Montreal lawyer, Daniel Urbas, said Lin wants to meet with Magnotta, but only if Urbas and a translator are present. He couldn’t say when a potential meeting would take place but he did say that Lin wants to learn more “about what happened that night.”

yes I do ....... even if it goes badly, it's clear that the father ''needs'' to do this....((yes I am worried for him especially if it turns ugly))

if it does go ugly at least father will see with his own eyes how truly disgusting and vile LM really is

MOO
    Just My Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post
    yes I do ....... even if it goes badly, it's clear that the father ''needs'' to do this....((yes I am worried for him especially if it turns ugly))

if it does go ugly at least father will see with his own eyes how truly disgusting and vile LM really is

MOO
    I just don't want that poor father to take on any more hurt. His wife does not seem to be well and he has enough to worry about. Is it too much to hope that the murderer will find an ounce of compassion and help this father to some bit of peace?
    JMO

I just don't want that poor father to take on any more hurt. His wife does not seem to be well and he has enough to worry about. Is it too much to hope that the murderer will find an ounce of compassion and help this father to some bit of peace?

I hear you....my best wish would be apology...((as if there could ever be one -- heartbreaking))....but my guess is that this is the only opportunity before the father returns to China and feels he has to do '''something''' anything to close the door KWIM?

I never heard if the fund raiser was successful for the family but I would hope that there were people who did contribute so that the mother and father could have some respite from their terrible burdens.
    Just My Opinion

I think it probably is for DL
    He seems to have thought about this for a while now.

I remember a sister of one of Jeffrey Dahmers victims going to meet him. Hearing him explain her brother was random & that there was no hate towards him did help give her some 'closure' << if that's the right word for it?
    Yoda

Lightbulb

I understand why DL wants to do this - BUT I'm afraid it will go really badly. Let's face it, LM will be cocky, Manny will appear, his severe "diseases" will appear.......oh no......it's a bad idea.

I understand why DL wants to do this - BUT I'm afraid it will go really badly. Let's face it, LM will be cocky, Manny will appear, his severe "diseases" will appear.......oh no......it's a bad idea.
    Hopefully Father won't be alone and will have support......but I hear you and share those concerns too.
    Just My Opinion

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast