1181 users online (229 members and 952 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 97 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Post Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 23

Please continue posting here.

Geffner is due to be back on direct. I hope we get to cross today. I would love if we could get to the brilliant Dr. DeMarte

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...0#post11407650
    Courtchatter.com photos of the jurors, Juan, Steve and the Alexanders, friends
    http://www.courtchatter.com/#!Travis...f2d211fed4a7c5

Interview with Sky and Chris
    http://www.truecrimeradio.com/radio-...hive-apr-2015/

http://travisalexanderjustice.blogsp...max-results=33

Ready for another day !

Thank you for the nice clean thread

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 23

We had a power outage all day yesterday so I was cut off from everything
    Hope I didn't miss anything interesting
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.

Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

Sentence - LIFE Without Parole

Quote Originally Posted by ZoeyW View Post
    Geffner is due to be back on direct. I hope we get to cross today. I would love if we could get to the brilliant Dr. DeMarte

It was evident that DeMarte's testimony really got under Jodi's skin.
    Here was a 32 year old woman (Jodi's age) who had accomplished things. College! Jodi had demeaned her mother for not reading books while she herself was a high school dropout. DeMarte read lots of books. This pretty, accomplished woman was given access to Jodi's private world. Interviewed people who knew her. Then she got up on the stand and told the courtroom and the TV viewers what an empty fraud this murderer is. Jodi's "reputation" went down in flames and you could see her hatred for Dr. DeMarte.

Corpus Christi, Texas

I wonder if the jury will just tune him out until they get to cross. They've already heard four days of repetitive hogwash. The odds that he will say anything new is zero.

I'd love if it started out like this.
    KN (or is it JW): "Let's back up a minute--"
    Juan: "Objection. Asked and answered during his week of testimony a month ago."

Missing from the DT's mitigation narrative to date ( this is not intended as snark): an explanation for why JA went to Travis' house that day.

They're putting on a stealth redo case, not too subtly --but also not overtly-- suggesting that she snapped because of who and what Travis was.

But they haven't yet addressed how one snaps from 1,000 miles away, or, how it was she ended up in his house that day, predisposed to snap. The DT's burden is significantly heavier this time around because she's already been convicted on that pesky premeditation thing.

They need a story, and someone to tell it. Geffner? And a replay of how she was guilted into going? But, then what, after she arrives? Or, the murderer with a new twisted story? Only two possible narrators remain.

Good Morning All!
    Let me quick put my beef stew on so I can stay glued

Quote Originally Posted by TexMex View Post
    It was evident that DeMarte's testimony really got under Jodi's skin.
    Here was a 32 year old woman (Jodi's age) who had accomplished things. College! Jodi had demeaned her mother for not reading books while she herself was a high school dropout. DeMarte read lots of books. This pretty, accomplished woman was given access to Jodi's private world. Interviewed people who knew her. Then she got up on the stand and told the courtroom and the TV viewers what an empty fraud this murderer is. Jodi's "reputation" went down in flames and you could see her hatred for Dr. DeMarte.
    It was bad enough to start, then it got worse when DeMarte said she'd administered an intelligence test because JA seemed so immature.

Say, Zoey, if this is okay with forum rules, could you maybe bring over your lovely long post at the end of the "Break" thread so we have a chance to respond to it? It had all kinds of suggestions for staying busy while waiting for court to happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    Missing from the DT's mitigation narrative to date ( this is not intended as snark): an explanation for why JA went to Travis' house that day.

They're putting on a stealth redo case, not too subtly --but also not overtly-- suggesting that she snapped because of who and what Travis was.

But they haven't yet addressed how one snaps from 1,000 miles away, or, how it was she ended up in his house that day, predisposed to snap. The DT's burden is significantly heavier this time around because she's already been convicted on that pesky premeditation thing.

They need a story, and someone to tell it. Geffner? And a replay of how she was guilted into going? But, then what, after she arrives? Or, the murderer with a new twisted story? Only two possible narrators remain.
    Yes! Great observation. I do wonder if it will come up during cross by JM that JA has always claimed it was self defense. It probably will. So if it was self defense, why do we need to take all this mental anguish and snapping into consideration!? I think it's tricky because they can't NOW accept that it was premeditated murder, that would mean saying that the verdict was just and correct and you know that JA (and her parents) have been claiming she's been wrongfully convicted.

Either it was premeditated due to this snapping - which means she planned to shoot and stab him in the cruel matter than she did.
    Or
    It was self defense and she wasn't in snapping-mode and was perfectly fine mental wise.

They cannot combine the two and I can't wait to see how JM will present this to the jury.

Quote Originally Posted by bsk View Post
    It was bad enough to start, then it got worse when DeMarte said she'd administered an intelligence test because JA seemed so immature.
    Talk about immature, Willmott's cross of Dr. DeMarte was embarrassing. Based on the recent sidebar transcripts, JW may be even worse now.

LOL. The fact they went with "Self defense" the first time around was, looking back now, such a stupid move. Did they really believe that had a chance in hell?

Good Morning, Y'all !

So ... we are to have 3 full days of court this week, but expect the morning to start off with:

- SideBar ...

- Motion(s) by Nurmi to again drop the DP and no telling what else he and JA dreamed up over the past 5 days ...

- Possible -- witness unavailable ...

- And no telling what else !

Oh, I will be available to post WAT's Tweets.
    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

Page 1 of 97 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast