1273 users online (243 members and 1030 guests)  

Websleuths News

VA - Corey Mattison, 37, murdered at his Ashburn home, 15 Jan 2015

Minh Nguyen, 38, is known for helping launch Plaxo, an online address book and platform for quickly sharing and synchronizing contact details. The company was bought by Comcast in 2008.

He was arrested Thursday night in Ashburn, Va., a suburb of Washington. Police there say he entered his ex-wife's home and shot Corey Mattison, the man she had just married. Two of Nguyen's children were in the townhouse at the time. Nugyen's ex-wife Denise was with their third child when she walked in on the gruesome scene...

Rick Knutson, the firm's owner, said Mattison had privately voiced concerns over Nguyen's incessant interruptions during weekends with the kids. "Corey and his wife would go to a baseball game with the kids, and [Nguyen] would blow up," Knutson said. "He would try to prevent them from taking the kids anywhere. The guy seemed to be a little unstable."

Neighbors said the shooting comes after months of strife between Nguyen and his ex-wife over child custody and visitation issues.

Nguyen is charged with first-degree murder and use of a firearm during the commission of a felony. He is being held without bond at the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center.
    Corey's FB: https://www.facebook.com/corey.mattison.96

Memorial page: https://www.facebook.com/inmemoryofcorey

"I watched my husband lure a gunman out of the house... he sacrificed his life to save me and to put an end to the emotional turmoil my children and I endured," Denise Mattison wrote on a Facebook memorial page set up for her husband. "My husband is the greatest man I'll ever know."

So-called Plaxo co-founder who 'murdered his ex-wife's new husband' never worked a day at the groundbreaking social network, former executives reveal

Minh Nguyen, 38, sparked national headlines as Plaxo co-founder charged with murdering his ex-wife's husband last Thursday

He allegedly broke into ex-wife's home and opened fire in front of children

But former executives of the firm tell DailyMail.com he never worked at Plaxo

He was a school friend of Napster billionaire and Plaxo founder Sean Parker and attended Parker's mass brainstorming sessions

However he was not present at seminal meetings about Plaxo

Former marketing director describes years-long battle with Nguyen falsely editing the Wikipedia page to claim he was a co-founder

Denise Mattison called her late husband 'a knight in shining armor' for leading the alleged gunman Minh Nguyen away from her children

Court records from Nguyen's 2011 divorce do not indicate that he reaped any kind of lasting financial fortune from his association with Plaxo

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3PaZBoiRO

Search warrants in the case show that Nguyen had collected a considerable number of weapons at his home and indicate his blood is being tested for narcotics...

It’s unclear in the documents whether Khoa arrived at the scene with her son, but investigators reported that the two live together on Tradewind Drive in Brambleton. Khoa told investigators that her son had more guns at their home. Results of search warrant show Nguyen had a veritable arsenal in that home.

Law enforcement collected letters, computers, divorce paperwork, child custody paperwork, mobile phones, and a hefty list of guns, ammunition and related items. Investigators found ammunition in water bottles, a cooler and in bags all over the home...

From September:

Minh Nguyen pleaded no contest to murder, malicious wounding, and breaking and entering in the death of Corey Mattison...

Denise Mattison was pregnant at the time of her husband's murder and arrived in court Wednesday with her newborn, who she named Corey. She declined to speak.

Nguyen... is set to be sentenced in February and faces life in prison.