1077 users online (238 members and 839 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 970
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    31,655

    OR - Hannah Thomas-Garner, 17, Jackson County, 29 Nov 2014 - #4



    http://www.kdrv.com/missing-teen-last-seen-at-party/

    The Ashland Police Department is asking the public to help them find a missing 17-year-old. Police said Hannah Thomas-Garner was last seen at a party Saturday night on Dead Indian Memorial Road.

    They said her car was found abandoned in Shasta City, California, but there have been no traces of Hannah.
    http://www.kajo.com/news/local/index...30463&ucat=2,4

    The young lady was last seen at a party Saturday night near the 13 mile marker of Dead Indian Road in rural Jackson County...

    She is described as being 5’6”, 137 pounds with blond hair and blue eyes.
    Thread #1

    Thread #2

    Thread #3

    Verified Insider: TexasGirl2

    Related FB pages
    https://www.facebook.com/bringhannahhomesoon?fref=nf

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hanna...99397300161489

    Media Thread
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11338530


    Last edited by bessie; 03-03-2015 at 05:00 PM.
    PODCAST ROW

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK
    __________________________________
    Always give generously of yourself to support your beliefs. And when you're knocked down, give more.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,062
    Bringing timeline forward to new thread (thank you for the added info GeargiaJean!!)
    Map in signature.

    Updated timeline and facts:


    -Saturday 11/29/14 9PM - HTG's mom sees HTG before she goes to bed.
    -Later in the night - HTG sneaks out of house to an outdoor party near the 13 mile marker of Dead Indian Memorial Road in rural Jackson County, OR. Took her keys, phone, and Driver's License.(according to mom). Car had 1/2 a tank of gas (mom's estimate) Doesn't seem like she packed a bag or took anything (per mom).

    -Sunday 11/30/14 approx. 1:00AM - HTG leaves party, possibly to take someone home? Allegedly, HTG has a plot to run away with two other girls. https://kobi5.com/news/item/police-s...l#.VIOzZmTF_38 Kids at Rave say she asked for $5 for gas before she left.

    -Monday 12/1/14 12:20AM – HTG’s car located in Mt. Shasta City, CA, with body damage and windshield damage (windshield may be shattered or removed). http://www.redding.com/news/local-ne...n-mount-shasta Mom said LE called her about 1am with the news of the car. Photos of car reveal type of damage to vehicle, glass inside vehicle, etc.

    -Monday 12/1/14 approx. 10:00AM - HTG is seen hitch-hiking near Dunsmuir by a "credible witness," this witness drops her off at a coffee shop in Dunsmuir. A second witness has also reported seeing HTG hitch-hiking in the same area around this time. http://www.kptv.com/story/27519263/o...-in-california Credible witness is male. According to admin of BringHannahHome facebook, witness gave her $20 for food. Said she looked healthy and in good spirits, and was headed to Fresno or somewhere warm.
    -Monday 12/1/14 morning hours - Sylvia is allegedly picked up by AT in a white truck. http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...fy_man_19.html

    -Tuesday 12/2/14 between 6:50AM and 7:15AM - [this was a false sighting]
    -Tuesday 12/2/14 morning hours - Sylvia is reported missing.
    -Tuesday 12/2/14 time unknown - Unconfirmed sighting of HTG in Red Bluff, CA, possibly near a Home Depot. surveilance pictures are inconclusive, and may/maynot be HT

    -Saturday 12/6/14 approx 6:00AM White truck is located in the parking area of the Mattole Beach campground, at the end of Lighthouse Rd., in Petrolia, CA.
    -Saturday 12/6/14 approx 11:30AM Sylvia is located with AT and RS approximately 3 miles south of the Mattole campground. Sylvia has been reunited with family. http://www.times-standard.com/genera...h-her-arrested According to LE, based on interviews with SD and AT, HT was never with them.
    Hooks up
    we see the beauty within and cannot say no - Dave Eggers
    Maps:
    Alycia Yeoman - RIP
    Maricela Garcia - RIP

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by GigTu View Post
    Is there a map of rave vs checkpoint vs car? I can put a dot on it for the address we shall not speak of.
    There's a map in my signature I'll add the approximate property location and the state border check point!

    ETA: Done, the two points are added!

    ETA2: Here is the link for Tapatalk users https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...Q.kG4CmNERrqKE
    Hooks up
    we see the beauty within and cannot say no - Dave Eggers
    Maps:
    Alycia Yeoman - RIP
    Maricela Garcia - RIP

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    CA always, FL now
    Posts
    19,348

    OR - Hannah Thomas-Garner, 17, & (S.D., 16 <-found), Jackson Cty, 29 Nov 2014 - #4

    Please continue here for Hannah

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    9,224
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    9,224
    Bring Hannah Home Soon Facebook page. Her dad and stepmom are admins.

    https://www.facebook.com/bringhannahhomesoon
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lorain, OH
    Posts
    793

    OR - Hannah Thomas-Garner, 17, & (S.D., 16 <-found), Jackson Cty, 29 Nov 2014...

    I'm holding out hope that one of two things are happening;
    1. Hannah ran away and is healthy
    2. LE is lying when they say all signs point to a runaway. I remember last year being so frustrated with the Heather Elvis case and it seemed like LE wasn't doing or saying anything. We just kept seeing her Dad pleading for her to come home and for anyone who knew what happened to come forward. Then all of a sudden (what seemed like) out of the blue 2 people were arrested on indecent exposure charges and within a few days murder and kidnapping charges. LE knew who it was right from the beginning because her dad had given them her cell phone records when they discovered she was missing. Those records pointed them right to the perps. It just took a couple months for them to get their ducks in a row and make an arrest.

    Eta- I obviously still hope she is alive. I only make point two because this case has been so frustrating, I really hope LE knows so much more then they are letting on.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,426
    There is a term "endangered runaway" which is used to justify LE using a higher level of resources to attempt to locate a runaway than would otherwise be used. A healthy, mentally fit 17 year old who was having problems at home and either ran off with a slightly older guy are to live with a friend or relative who lived out of the area would not qualify as an "endanger runaway".

    What is very unusual about this case is the location and condition of her car. Odd as it was, it isn't really suggestive of an "involuntary abduction".

    The family is under no obligation to air its dirty laundry to the media but they do have an obligation to tell the police Everything when they report a missing person. Hopefully LE knows more than we do and the situation is being handled appropriately. Unfortunately, police often assume the family isn't giving them the whole story when they report a teenager missing.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    583
    Quote Originally Posted by kemo View Post
    There is a term "endangered runaway" which is used to justify LE using a higher level of resources to attempt to locate a runaway than would otherwise be used. A healthy, mentally fit 17 year old who was having problems at home and either ran off with a slightly older guy are to live with a friend or relative who lived out of the area would not qualify as an "endanger runaway".

    What is very unusual about this case is the location and condition of her car. Odd as it was, it isn't really suggestive of an "involuntary abduction".

    The family is under no obligation to air its dirty laundry to the media but they do have an obligation to tell the police Everything when they report a missing person. Hopefully LE knows more than we do and the situation is being handled appropriately. Unfortunately, police often assume the family isn't giving them the whole story when they report a teenager missing.
    I agree with the obligations of being a parent. I also believe that it's a parents duty to demonstrate that you actually are searching for your child either physically or through media. Otherwise I see it as neglect.

    And I still haven't found a link showing she was reported missing on Sunday. I only recall the car being reported as stolen. Even if you believe it will help locate the driver, I believe you still have to file a police report in a timely manner for the missing child.

  10. #10
    GigTu's Avatar
    GigTu is offline ѧѦ ѧ︵ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵Ѧѧ︵ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ѧѦ Ѧ ѧ
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    7,913
    Quote Originally Posted by lovinlife83 View Post
    I'm holding out hope that one of two things are happening;
    1. Hannah ran away and is healthy
    2. LE is lying when they say all signs point to a runaway. I remember last year being so frustrated with the Heather Elvis case and it seemed like LE wasn't doing or saying anything. We just kept seeing her Dad pleading for her to come home and for anyone who knew what happened to come forward. Then all of a sudden (what seemed like) out of the blue 2 people were arrested on indecent exposure charges and within a few days murder and kidnapping charges. LE knew who it was right from the beginning because her dad had given them her cell phone records when they discovered she was missing. Those records pointed them right to the perps. It just took a couple months for them to get their ducks in a row and make an arrest.

    Eta- I obviously still hope she is alive. I only make point two because this case has been so frustrating, I really hope LE knows so much more then they are letting on.
    Sadly, I'm more inclined to believe in scenario 2 if those are the only choices. And SD falls squarely in the middle of that scenario as well.

    Vehicles associated with, and areas between Ashland and the camping spot simply must be sniffed by cadaver dogs. As should HGs car, and her home!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    9,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    I agree with the obligations of being a parent. I also believe that it's a parents duty to demonstrate that you actually are searching for your child either physically or through media. Otherwise I see it as neglect.

    And I still haven't found a link showing she was reported missing on Sunday. I only recall the car being reported as stolen. Even if you believe it will help locate the driver, I believe you still have to file a police report in a timely manner for the missing child.
    Probably the reason you can't find the link you are looking for is that many of the links I initially posted in the media thread are no longer available. Her mother reported her missing Sunday morning sometime after calling Hannah's friends. She was later told to report the car missing so they could look for her actively within 24 hours of her Mom noticing she was missing. But she certainly did report her missing before she reported the car being stolen.
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    2,272
    If this was an adult involved in a car accident and the car was found in this condition with the driver missing they would be classified as endangered missing i'm sure IMO. There would be far more effort put forth to find them than Hannah has gotten, as far we know.
    I really would love to know why LE is so insistent Hannah is a runaway.

    JMO
    Always do the right thing because you do enough things you think are right that end up being wrong-my dad-RIP 1/19/2013

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    9,224
    Quote Originally Posted by kemo View Post
    There is a term "endangered runaway" which is used to justify LE using a higher level of resources to attempt to locate a runaway than would otherwise be used. A healthy, mentally fit 17 year old who was having problems at home and either ran off with a slightly older guy are to live with a friend or relative who lived out of the area would not qualify as an "endanger runaway".

    What is very unusual about this case is the location and condition of her car. Odd as it was, it isn't really suggestive of an "involuntary abduction".

    The family is under no obligation to air its dirty laundry to the media but they do have an obligation to tell the police Everything when they report a missing person. Hopefully LE knows more than we do and the situation is being handled appropriately. Unfortunately, police often assume the family isn't giving them the whole story when they report a teenager missing.
    BBM

    According to O'Meara at the community meeting Hannah is listed as an "endangered missing person" because of the location and condition of the car. So it seems that they view this as a higher level than endangered runaway. But as you say, the condition of the car does not automatically indicate that a crime has been committed. So, even though many pieces of this puzzle seem to point in that direction when you put them together, I expect that it has to meet a certain standard before it can be officially declared a crime. O'Meara also stated that there were things he couldn't reveal in order not to damage the investigation, so there must be things they know that we don't. I hope that APD asked Hannah's Mom all the questions they should have so she would know what kind of information they need, beyond the obvious.

    BBM
    Is it possible to bring the FBI in at this time? There would need to be clear criminal evidence and there’s no clear indication that this exists at this time. Hannah was entered into the state and national database as an endangered missing person. “The system in some effects is working,” he said. “I’m not aware of anything else we could do that we are not already doing.” She was listed that way because we recognized that this could be a criminal case with her car being found in Shasta. “We have really been doing everything we can. We have done quite a bit more on this case then we normally would have done,” O’Meara stated.
    http://rvcommunitypress.com/2014/12/...-ashland-teen/

    O’Meara said Ashland Police did classify Thomas-Garner as an “endangered missing person” based on “alarm” raised by her bashed-in car and the possible “jeopardy” she could be in because of the “type of crowd she’s likely to mingle with.”
    http://t.dailytidings.com/article/20...NEWS/141229872
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    9,224
    Quote Originally Posted by WideOpen View Post
    If this was an adult involved in a car accident and the car was found in this condition with the driver missing they would be classified as endangered missing i'm sure IMO. There would be far more effort put forth to find them than Hannah has gotten, as far we know.
    I really would love to know why LE is so insistent Hannah is a runaway.

    JMO
    She has been classified as endangered missing, even though they believe she is a runaway. See my previous post for quotes.
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    9,224
    Someone posted the link to the Oregon State Police Forensics Services Division on the Bring Hannah Home page. http://www.oregon.gov/osp/FORENSICS/...FORENSICS.aspx

    BBM
    I think it helps us to understand why the evidence collected has not been processed. The form #49 with which the evidence is submitted clearly asks for the type of offense being investigated and the date it was committed.
    http://www.oregon.gov/osp/FORENSICS/...m49sept201.pdf

    The manual on evidence collection clearly states that the form should show the date the crime was committed. Go to page 11 in the contents and scroll to instructions for filling out form 49.
    http://www.oregon.gov/osp/FORENSICS/...#_Toc256000006

    So, as much as we might like the evidence collected to be processed, until there is clear evidence of a crime, LE cannot use the resources of the crime lab without stating what the crime is. I expect CA is no different. Frustrating for all concerned? Yes!
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. OR - Hannah Thomas-Garner, 17, Jackson cnty, 11/29/14 Timeline and Media Thread
    By Lilibet in forum Located Timeline and Media Links
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-08-2015, 01:04 PM
  2. Found Safe OR - Hannah Thomas-Garner, 17, Jackson County, 29 Nov 2014 - #3
    By bessie in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1141
    Last Post: 01-21-2015, 11:24 AM
  3. Found Safe OR - Hannah Thomas-Garner, 17, Jackson County, 29 Nov 2014 - #2
    By bessie in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1341
    Last Post: 01-02-2015, 12:06 PM
  4. Found Safe OR - Hannah Thomas-Garner, 17, Jackson County, 29 Nov 2014 - #1
    By OkieGranny in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1465
    Last Post: 12-12-2014, 03:55 PM