Oh, you plonker. Only fools and horses

zwiebel

Reaction score
Stay with me, all you people who never had the pleasure of watching 'Only fools and Horses' on TV. It was very British, but very funny even to those of us who can't always keep up with the Brit sense of humor.

Del boy was a middle-aged single dad living in a council estate (project) in Peckham, London, with his son, grandad and girlfriend, doing 'a little bit of this, a little bit of that' to survive. He wasn't exactly a criminal, but he was a very small-time wheeler dealer, who kidded himself he was big-time. Too kind to really con anyone, too proud to accept help, he made his way as well as he could. He loved his son Rodney to bits (who wanted something better and went to college) but Rodney wasn't very practical, and dad always called him a plonker. Kinda rude.

Best way of translating it is maybe a family in Queens, trying to make it to Manhattan? With grandpa just wanting to stay right where he is and obsessed with his days in the Navy?

Anyhow, a fan has paid £4,000 (about $6,000) to have a tattoo of Del Boy and co, on his back. 47-year-old Darren Williams of Bristol says he kept 'watching and watching' the series and was determined to get the tattoo before he was 50. The pic shows him posing in front of the Peckham 'projects'/estate. I know how he feels about the obsession with the series...

Here is the link to the pic and story:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-30913056#?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

And here's the link to one of the most famous scenes from the TV series; The chandelier. Poor grandad. But ain't he great!

http://youtu.be/LFuYIi5-igc

Attachments

• _80412518_80412517-1.jpg
    _80412518_80412517-1.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 23
I met Trigger from this series once, in a much posher place than Peckham. Thought I knew him and said, "Hi, how are you," before I realized who it was. What a plonker, Lol. Trigger was very kind though. Said hello back, as though he knew me too. :)

Haha! Wonder if this series is available on Netflix? You did a great job "Americanizing" it! That is QUITE a tattoo!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back