653 users online (90 members and 563 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

OH - Doyle, 88, & Lilian Chumney, 79, Tuscarawas County, 21 Jan 2015

Who kidnaps 2 really old people?!
    I await more info but sounds suspicious already

TUSCARAWAS COUNTY, OH (WOIO) - A missing adult alert has been issued by the Tuscarawas County Sheriff's Office statewide. Officials are asking residents to be on the lookout for two missing adults.

Crime scene investigators spent the day inside the couple's home on Bodmer Avenue, gathering evidence after Doyle and Lillian Chumney's daughter called police for help.

"She advised us she was at her parent's home. The house had been ransacked. Her parents weren't there. Also, the car was missing," said Chief Bob Kutcher, of the Strasburg Police Department.

Investigators spent the day collecting evidence. (Source: WOIO) Investigators spent the day collecting evidence. (Source: WOIO)

The couple's car is also missing. (Source: WOIO) The couple's car is also missing. (Source: WOIO)

Doyle Chumney. (Source: Tuscarawas County Sheriff's Office) Doyle Chumney. (Source: Tuscarawas County Sheriff's Office)

Lillian Chumney. (Source: Tuscarawas County Sheriff's Office) Lillian Chumney. (Source: Tuscarawas County Sheriff's Office)
    TUSCARAWAS COUNTY, OH (WOIO) - A missing adult alert has been issued by the Tuscarawas County Sheriff's Office statewide. Officials are asking residents to be on the lookout for two missing adults.

Crime scene investigators spent the day inside the couple's home on Bodmer Avenue, gathering evidence after Doyle and Lillian Chumney's daughter called police for help.

"She advised us she was at her parent's home. The house had been ransacked. Her parents weren't there. Also, the car was missing," said Chief Bob Kutcher, of the Strasburg Police Department.
    There were no signs the house had been broken into. The couple was expected to pick up their son and take him to the airport, but never showed.

Their garage door was left up, but neighbor Louisa Anne Withers says it's always that way. There was something else though, that didn't seem right to her last night.

"It seemed unusual that the whole light in the kitchen was on. Generally, there must be a sink right there, and that light above the sink is on, but last night the whole kitchen was lit up," explained Withers.

Investigators have said they don't think the couple left their home by their own free will.

Neighbors are brought to tears now just looking at the house surrounded by police tape.

"I feel so bad. I think something is wrong," added Withers as her voice trailed off.

Doyle Chumney is described as a white male, age 88, 5'6" tall, weighs 150 lbs., has gray hair and brown eyes.

Lillian Chumney is described as a white female, age 79, 5'2" tall, weighs 110 lbs., has gray hair and blue eyes.

The vehicle involved is a cream 1986 Pontiac Parisienne with OH plate number EXF9647.

Call or dial 911 if you see the adults or the vehicle.

Some more photos of the house at this link:
    http://fox8.com/2015/01/21/elderly-c...und-ransacked/

I hope whoever has them just lets them go somewhere. I hate people who prey on the elderly!

What kind of sicko preys on the elderly?????
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

This doesn't look good. I hope by some miracle that they are alive and okay somewhere but I doubt it. Very, very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalAnn View Post
    Found burnt out! That's never a good sign.

What a nightmare. They seem like really lovely people.

The couple's vehicle was found Thursday morning on Adams Township Road and Route 244. Police confirm the vehicle was burnt out when located. Police are not saying if the couple was found in the car.
    http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-n...shocton-county

Why? Why would somebody kidnap pensioners?

Burglary gone very wrong? Or somebody stands to make money from it?

Thank you for the updates. I've been in bed wth the flu, but this is not the updates I wanted to read.

Their bodies found in their car!!!

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-n...shocton-county

This is so sad!!!!
    RIP Doyle and Lillian!

There have been several recent cases on WS with elderly couples slain...
    Shirley and Russell Dermond of Eatonton, Georgia
    Shirley and Charles Severance of Sterling, Colorado

The Severance case, the grandson and grandson's girlfriend are on trial for their murders.
    The Dermond case has not been solved yet.

I don't understand the Evilness of this.
    Horrible!!!
    I hope Justice is served in all these cases.

Police confirm bodies of missing elderly couple found in car http://link.fox8.com/1E6GfMI via @fox8news

My heart breaks for these two beautiful people & their families!
    These posts are In My Opinion only!

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast