1228 users online (272 members and 956 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CT - Storm S. Sorrentino, 14, Newtown, 21 December 2014

Storm S. Sorrentino

Newtown father pleads for ex-wife to help find missing son
    BRIDGEPORT -- Her 14-year-old missing son is the subject of a nationwide search -- and a Fairfield woman was ordered jailed Wednesday until she tells authorities where the boy is. "You have the keys to the jail house door, all you have to do is tell the court where your son is," Superior Court Judge Gerard Adelman told a crying Kathryn Sorrentino as she was led away in handcuffs by judicial marshals. Saverio Sorrentino, of Newtown, told the judge he is convinced his former wife knows where their son is. "She has not shown any concern to anyone that our son is missing," he told the judge. "She either knows where he is or knows someone who does." It was the second time in two days the Fairfield woman was ordered jailed after refusing to reveal the whereabouts of her son, Storm Sorrentino. And Adelman said he would order she be brought back to court every day at 2 p.m. and asked where the boy is.

If she doesn't answer, back to prison she goes.
    http://www.newstimes.com/local/artic...nd-6030993.php
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I wonder what makes the judge so sure she knows where he is? (Not disagreeing, just want to understand a little better.)
    now an official Penn State alum!

Kindness is magic. (Derek)

@JaneDoe25 (Twitter) <~~~ videos & pics of Harry right here

She says the last time she saw her son was three months ago? There has to be more to this story; this is very odd. Why didn't she report him missing? And why is the father so sure she knows where Storm is? Well, I can understand his anger and blame, if she never reported him missing, but there are huge pieces of this story missing and it's very odd! Why are we just hearing about this now?

http://norwalk.itsrelevant.com/conte...orm-sorrentino

Sorrentino may be in the company of an adult female relative. Anyone with any information is asked to contact the Norwalk Department of Police Service at 203-854-3113.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychedelia View Post
    She says the last time she saw her son was three months ago? There has to be more to this story; this is very odd. Why didn't she report him missing? And why is the father so sure she knows where Storm is? Well, I can understand his anger and blame, if she never reported him missing, but there are huge pieces of this story missing and it's very odd! Why are we just hearing about this now?
    Agree, those are all great questions.
    now an official Penn State alum!

Kindness is magic. (Derek)

@JaneDoe25 (Twitter) <~~~ videos & pics of Harry right here

Quote Originally Posted by Psychedelia View Post
    http://norwalk.itsrelevant.com/conte...orm-sorrentino

Sorrentino may be in the company of an adult female relative. Anyone with any information is asked to contact the Norwalk Department of Police Service at 203-854-3113.
    Storm was reported missing just before Christmas, according to this article, on 12/21/14. He had been living with father who had custody and that's why, I believe, the mother is is saying she hasn't seen him.

The Special Victims Unit is investigating the disappearance of Storm Sorrentino, a 14-year-old male who was last seen in Norwalk on December 21, 2014.
    What a mess! So, the father last saw Storm on Sunday 12/21. What happened next? Did Storm have classes up until Christmas Eve or had his school been dismissed for Winter Break already? Did the father and Storm have a fight? Had Storm been wanting to live with someone other than his father? Clearly, the divorce was acrimonious. I hope Storm is safe and at least isn't being held against his will.

Mods, can you change the date of disappearance on the thread title? Thanks!

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Fairfield mom jailed a 3rd day in missing son case
    BRIDGEPORT -- A Fairfield mom was jailed for a third day Thursday after refusing to reveal the whereabouts of her missing 14-year-old son.
    http://m.ctpost.com/local/article/Fa...se-6033400.php
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

"Something's rotten in Denmark." I hope the young man is OK. Wonder if Mom has mental health issues that would put Storm in danger for his life? It's not passing the smell test for me, but there is so little info.

The couple’s 22-year-old daughter did shed some light on her only sibling’s state of mind:

“He does not feel comfort,” said Sam Leigh. “He does not feel safe. He is not happy living with my father. He has stated multiple times that he wants to live with my mother.” Sam Leigh, who recently moved to New York, says she was informed while at work about her brother’s disappearance. “When I first was told, I assumed he would go straight to my mother’s house. But, when I called her, she said she was very surprised and that he was not at the house. So, it was clear to everyone that this was entirely his own plan.”

http://foxct.com/2015/01/22/with-son...-back-to-jail/

The court appointed attorney for Kathryn Sorrentino said his client was willing to submit to a polygraph, but the judge declined the offer.

Missing Norwalk teen found in Fairfield

http://www.thehour.com/news/nw-polic...441874f32.html
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Sounds like the mom and one her relatives should be charged with parental kidnapping. Now, whether he wants to live with mom or dad, no court will give her custody. Why didn't she take him to court for a change of custody hearing?
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

This whole thing is still really weird to me, but I'm glad he's found safe!

I was getting the opposite feeling - that the father and judge owe her a huge apology. But who even knows.

I have no idea whether the mother knew where her son was, however I do know courts are not good at listening to children or their mothers when things are going really wrong. I have a daughter, now 19, who was trying to jump out of our van when she was 3 when we were on the way to drop her off at her bio dad's. That was the most heart wrenching time of my life. I knew because of her desperation that things were bad for her at her bio dad's house, however I put on a front with her that things were okay and that I supported her dad. Things would get better off and on (more off than on) until the day my daughter came home at 12 years of age saying she could not take being the adult in the home with her bio dad any longer. What she told me occurred, combined with the many other things she had told me over the years, led me to believe I had to protect her. That day I made the decision to defy my court order and refuse to subject her to that environment. I had spent thousands upon thousands of dollars trying to have my daughter's voice heard only to have her story fall on deaf ears. I NEVER tarnished her father to her, I never said anything other than support of her father to her, yet the courts assume most women are poisoning their children out of spite. I lucked out defying my court order in the fact that my ex-husband knew his behaviors had caught up with him and he did not take me back to court. SOOO, with all of this said, I cannot place blame on the mother without knowing more information if she did indeed hide her son.