716 users online (106 members and 610 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

NY - Jarseen Mukani, 16, Manhattan, 21 Jan 2015

Jarseen Mukani

Teen visiting NYC from India goes missing from Manhattan hotel
    TURTLE BAY, Manhattan (PIX11) –Police are looking for a 16-year-old girl visiting from India who disappeared from a Manhattan hotel this week. Jarseen Mukani was last seen at 4:30 a.m. Wednesday outside Hilton Garden Inn at 206 East 52nd St., where she was staying, police said. Mukani is visiting New York from Jalandhar, India, according to police.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.
    http://pix11.com/2015/01/21/cops-sea...ng-from-india/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Seen by whom? Visiting whom?

....and....why was she seen at 4:30 a.m.......now I know it is the city that never sleeps......but.....

maybe she ran away.....to stay here.???
    ~ shine on you crAzy diamond ~ Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here

My guess is the last seen bit comes from hotel security footage out front. I too wonder what she was doing out at that hour. I have seen a couple other cases in the past year where a teen ran away while on vacation in order to stay. I wonder if she met a love interest?

GigTu is offline ѧѦ ѧ︵ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵Ѧѧ︵ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ѧѦ Ѧ ѧ
    She is described as 5 feet 1 inch tall, about 105 pounds and was wearing a grey jacket when she was last seen.

I hope she hasn't fallen prey to some Internet scam.

This worries me. While that area is super busy during the day (a lot of office buildings), it's deserted at this hour. Like, scary deserted. I wonder if someone picked her up in a vehicle? A cab driver perhaps? There's also a subway station a block away.

She could have stepped out to have a smoke. Can't smoke anymore in most hotel rooms. I wonder if the presumed video footage showed her talking to someone (and LE is keeping quiet about details, or if she walks out of sight

Are the two photos shown above of the same young woman ? The girl in the photo on the right hand side looks much older than 16. She has dark circles under her eyes, and she looks kind of despondent ? Is that the latest photo of her, I wonder ? Any chance her parents were looking into an arranged marriage for her ?

Quote Originally Posted by liz b. View Post
    Are the two photos shown above of the same young woman ? The girl in the photo on the right hand side looks much older than 16. She has dark circles under her eyes, and she looks kind of despondent ? Is that the latest photo of her, I wonder ? Any chance her parents were looking into an arranged marriage for her ?
    Dark circles can be genetic, and the photo on the left clearly has a filter. So I bet the right is a more accurate representation of her. You're right though - she looks unhappy. I have a feeling she likely ran away, but just because someone runs away does not mean that they are safe. I worry for her, especially considering the time.

To me, she just looks tired in the pic on the right. She's beautiful and exotic. I hope she didn't get snatched by a trafficker.

There is a lot missing from the story. Who was she staying with in the hotel? A parent? What were they doing here? Looking at colleges? Arranged marriage? Or just a family vacation?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Her family is in India. I don't think those answers will be forthcoming.