NY NY - Jarseen Mukani, 16, Manhattan, 21 Jan 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Jarseen Mukani
unnamed.jpg

Teen visiting NYC from India goes missing from Manhattan hotel
TURTLE BAY, Manhattan (PIX11) –Police are looking for a 16-year-old girl visiting from India who disappeared from a Manhattan hotel this week. Jarseen Mukani was last seen at 4:30 a.m. Wednesday outside Hilton Garden Inn at 206 East 52nd St., where she was staying, police said. Mukani is visiting New York from Jalandhar, India, according to police.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.
http://pix11.com/2015/01/21/cops-search-for-missing-teen-visiting-from-india/

Seen by whom? Visiting whom?

....and....why was she seen at 4:30 a.m.......now I know it is the city that never sleeps......but.....

maybe she ran away.....to stay here.???

My guess is the last seen bit comes from hotel security footage out front. I too wonder what she was doing out at that hour. I have seen a couple other cases in the past year where a teen ran away while on vacation in order to stay. I wonder if she met a love interest?

She is described as 5 feet 1 inch tall, about 105 pounds and was wearing a grey jacket when she was last seen.

I hope she hasn't fallen prey to some Internet scam. :(

This worries me. While that area is super busy during the day (a lot of office buildings), it's deserted at this hour. Like, scary deserted. I wonder if someone picked her up in a vehicle? A cab driver perhaps? There's also a subway station a block away.

She could have stepped out to have a smoke. Can't smoke anymore in most hotel rooms. I wonder if the presumed video footage showed her talking to someone (and LE is keeping quiet about details, or if she walks out of sight

Are the two photos shown above of the same young woman ? The girl in the photo on the right hand side looks much older than 16. She has dark circles under her eyes, and she looks kind of despondent ? Is that the latest photo of her, I wonder ? Any chance her parents were looking into an arranged marriage for her ?

Are the two photos shown above of the same young woman ? The girl in the photo on the right hand side looks much older than 16. She has dark circles under her eyes, and she looks kind of despondent ? Is that the latest photo of her, I wonder ? Any chance her parents were looking into an arranged marriage for her ?

Dark circles can be genetic, and the photo on the left clearly has a filter. So I bet the right is a more accurate representation of her. You're right though - she looks unhappy. I have a feeling she likely ran away, but just because someone runs away does not mean that they are safe. I worry for her, especially considering the time.

To me, she just looks tired in the pic on the right. She's beautiful and exotic. I hope she didn't get snatched by a trafficker. :(

There is a lot missing from the story. Who was she staying with in the hotel? A parent? What were they doing here? Looking at colleges? Arranged marriage? Or just a family vacation?

Her family is in India. I don't think those answers will be forthcoming.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stawon31
Back