867 users online (143 members and 724 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

AK - Roy Banhart, 38, Ketchikan, 29 Dec 2014

This is my town.

Roy Banhart

Family worried about missing Ketchikan man
    A Ketchikan man has been missing for nearly a month, with no evidence that he left the island. Roy Banhart was last seen on Dec. 29. He had called for a taxi to take him downtown, and spent some time at the 49er Bar on Water Street. He left the bar, and was going to take a taxi home, apparently. But, witnesses told his family that Roy was intoxicated and belligerent, so the cab driver made him get back out.

That’s the last reported sighting of 38-year-old Roy Banhart. And his family is anxious.

“He’s on the quiet side. He’s been known to disappear as far as contact for a short period of time, but nothing like this,” said Banhart’s first cousin, Irene Anderson. She lives in Seattle but is heading up the search efforts for the family.

Anderson said that in early January, they reported her cousin missing to Ketchikan’s police department.

“(Police) have searched Alaska Airlines records, and Alaska Marine Highway records, and I’ve been in contact with local air taxis and InterIsland Ferry,” she said. “There’s no indication that he left town.”

Ketchikan is on an island, and there’s no way off except by boat or plane. The remaining explanations for what might have happened to Banhart are not good.
    http://www.krbd.org/2015/01/22/famil...ketchikan-man/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Please help find Roy Banhart - Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pleas...58415717601607

also: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/27379
    Roy has not been seen or heard of since either 12/28 or 12/29/14. His apt is vacant/car has been towed from downtown and he did not make contact with his employer. Last seen by family on 12/28 @ the 49er Bar. Last seen by another party on 12/29/14 with another male. Local police indicate his cell phone was last used on 12/29/14.

Prayers for him and his family!
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Ketchikan man remains missing after 6 months

snipped
    The family of a Ketchikan man who has been missing for six months has filed a presumptive death petition.

The Ketchikan Daily News reports that 38-year-old Roy Banhart went missing either Dec. 28 or Dec. 29 after trying to get into a taxi near a bar.

In an interview Tuesday Deputy Police Chief Josh Dossett said the case is still open but that there have been no new developments.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyseven View Post
    Why? I know families that go years before declaring someone dead. Yet six months is good enough for his cousin? Very weird.

http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/vi...son-Body-Found

Booth had been one of three open missing person cases in Ketchikan. Gary Hamilton was reported missing by his family in November and Roy Victor Banhart was last seen Dec. 30, 2014, after leaving a Ketchikan bar.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_x_to_the_m View Post
    Why? I know families that go years before declaring someone dead. Yet six months is good enough for his cousin? Very weird.
    Is the cousin expecting some benefits through Mr. Banhart's death? Yes, six months seems quite quick to have someone declared legally dead, with no body. Two years is about the quickest I've read about and that was a known airplane accident where the victim had substantial assets and employees, businesses.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.