814 users online (146 members and 668 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

PA - Most Of One-Month-Old Baby’s Face Chewed Off By Trio Of Ferrets

Dad says: “It’s not our fault. We didn’t do it, the animals did it,” says the victim’s father Burnie Fraim. and, “This little mistake happened. I wish it never did happen but it happened.” and also, “The baby looked like, um, like it didn’t have a face.”

Mom left the baby strapped in the carseat and sitting on the floor while she went upstairs. They have 5 other children with special needs and were involved with Children and Youth Division prior to this, per article.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...LYFxWA.twitter

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    Dad says: “It’s not our fault. We didn’t do it, the animals did it,” says the victim’s father Burnie Fraim. and, “This little mistake happened. I wish it never did happen but it happened.” and also, “The baby looked like, um, like it didn’t have a face.”

Mom left the baby strapped in the carseat and sitting on the floor while she went upstairs. They have 5 other children with special needs and were involved with Children and Youth Division prior to this, per article.

Are these people nuts??? "Little mistake"? 5 other children with special needs? CPS already involved with family?? WE didn't do it the animals did??? UGH! talk about not taking responsibility for your kids.

Quote Originally Posted by sallye818 View Post
    Are these people nuts??? "Little mistake"? 5 other children with special needs? CPS already involved with family?? WE didn't do it the animals did??? UGH! talk about not taking responsibility for your kids.

Sadly, and most of you will disagree with me on this, without more information, I cannot rush to judgment here. How many parents have left kids in hot cars and then we feel pity for them because their child died? How many parents have stepped out for just a minute while a baby was in the bath and the child drowned and then we claim it was just a "terrible accident". How is this different? The mother stepped out of the room not knowing this would occur. Even in other instances of children being mauled by animals, I have seen people defending the parents. So yeah, I will wait to decide the guilt of the parents here. Because this really might have been just a case of poor supervision.

ETA: Before everyone jumps on me to say "CPS was already involved." That's true, but we don't know WHY. They may have been involved simply to help with the special needs children. CPS does provide coaching and parenting sessions in the home in some cases, at least to my knowledge. We can't assume these parents were doing anything wrong. After all, the children WERE still in the home.
    Last edited by sunflowerchick; 01-23-2015 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by sunflowerchick View Post
    Sadly, and most of you will disagree with me on this, without more information, I cannot rush to judgment here. How many parents have left kids in hot cars and then we feel pity for them because their child died? How many parents have stepped out for just a minute while a baby was in the bath and the child drowned and then we claim it was just a "terrible accident". How is this different? The mother stepped out of the room not knowing this would occur. Even in other instances of children being mauled by animals, I have seen people defending the parents. So yeah, I will wait to decide the guilt of the parents here. Because this really might have been just a case of poor supervision.
    According to the article I read, the house was full of mitea and fleas, cats, dogs and fecal matter. There was no food for the kids, but plenty for the animals.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzDuJour View Post
    According to the article I read, the house was full of mitea and fleas, cats, dogs and fecal matter. There was no food for the kids, but plenty for the animals.
    Well then, I stand corrected and full judgment can be passed. The article I read didn't have all that information.

Why is it always these people with too many kids that are already involved with CPS? We would not put puppies and kittens in these places.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

"This little mistake???????????????????". Yes the parents are responsible, period. They owned the dang ferrets didn't they?

I've posted many, many times before on WS and still mean what I post. Some people do not need to be able to procreate. Five other children with special needs in the home and many animals running around. These two need to be clipped and snipped.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzDuJour View Post
    The family was living in deplorable conditions and that the home, in the 300 block of Poplar Road, is infested with fleas or mites, according to police. There were several other animals in the house including six cats, two dogs and two turtles.

The only food in the home was a jar of peanut butter, can of cranberry and some juice, Smythe said. There was food for the pets, however.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/na...ecirc=obinsite

It appears there are 5 children including this baby, 1mo - 5yrs and they all have some type of special need. The article says the parents have developmental disabilities.

I hate ferrets.

These parents also sound like they should not have been allowed to breed, too.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

The few times I have known someone who owned ferrets, they were kept in a cage. If CPS was seeing them, did they not notice the condition of the home? Or did it just suddenly get that way in one week between visits?
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

I can't even describe how angry this makes me. I'm wondering if the parents were on drugs or just idiots. It breaks my heart to imagine how all those young children were living.

I find it concerning that the father refers to his daughter as 'it'.
    “The baby looked like, um, like it didn’t have a face.”
    BBM

I do wonder how it can be acceptable to have two parents with developmental issues apparently not using any form of contraception (if the fact that they have five children under five is anything to go by). It would seem they can just indulge in unprotected sex and reproduce without anyone considering the safety of the children they are producing. How can that be right or fair on their offspring - and what kind of future do the children have ahead of them if they also all have developmental issues?

I have heard two versions now - mom went upstairs to where the dad was 'asleep' or she went up to use the rest room. At least one policeman was questioning the time it took her to respond to the baby's cries and the amount of damage which had been done by the time she came back down. I do wonder whether she and her husband were 'otherwise engaged' which might explain the delay in responding.

Also, if dad just thinks this was a "little mistake" one has to question his suitability to be in charge of any child, let alone five children under 5 years of age.

What a shame for everyone involved.

And that's why people with mental retardation should not be allowed to breed.

How do you stop them from breeding? Under our laws, it's not possible.

And look at that quote from police chief

""It's not that they're bad parents, it's just that the children are not being taken care of," he said."

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/na...ecirc=obinsite

Excuse me? If they children are not being taken care of, how does it make the parents "not bad?"
    Just my opinion

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast