602 users online (58 members and 544 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Mother abandons her son, 7, on the road

Fed up with arguing, mom pulled over to the side of the road.

"Get lost," authorities said she told her son Tuesday.

He got out. She drove off.

The problem: Her son is 7.

Now Lori Heine, 46, is in the Pasco County jail, charged with child neglect.

The reason for the dispute: McDonald's Happy Meals.

The boy wanted a Cheeseburger Happy Meal and a Chicken McNuggets Happy Meal, the mother told police. He told officers his mother said he couldn't have any of the burgers she bought. According to police, the mother doesn't deny abandoning the boy. http://www.sptimes.com/2005/07/28/Pa...ns_her_s.shtml
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

How many of our mothers (and even us mothers) threatened to leave our kids on the side of the road? Probably most. How many would actually do it? Looks like too freaking many.

Good grief!

7 years old & she leaves him on the side of the road? Over a freakin happy meal? That poor little boy. It never ceases to amaze me that there are parents that are that stupid (and lousy)

I noticed this was Pasco County (which is in Florida)

This past week it has been in the mid to high 90's with heat index's in the 100+ range.
    SO not only did she kick her child out of the car she left him out there in brutal heat.
    Dehydration could be swift and quick in this temprature.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryKate
    I noticed this was Pasco County (which is in Florida)

This past week it has been in the mid to high 90's with heat index's in the 100+ range.
    SO not only did she kick her child out of the car she left him out there in brutal heat.
    Dehydration could be swift and quick in this temprature.

Ohmy! I didn't even think about that. Not to mention all the pedophiles running around Florida!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    How many of our mothers (and even us mothers) threatened to leave our kids on the side of the road? Probably most. How many would actually do it? Looks like too freaking many.

I have acutally pulled over because my two would not stop arguing. I got out of the car and told them when they were through fighting to let me know and I would get back in. No I never walked away, just leaned up against the car. When people started stopping and asking if I needed help my kids got the message. I WOULD NEVER, EVER LEAVE THEM!!!

I have done the same ... Pulled over and said I am not driving any further until you can behave.

But to leave them>????
    NO!