MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
26316984-7cf4-43f2-8577-119375693be5_zps5c423847.png

http://wreg.com/2014/12/07/father-speaks-out-after-daughter-set-on-fire-and-killed/

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/2...ting-death-of-woman-found-burned-near-her-car

Jessica Chambers' father to her killer: 'They're coming for you.'

"To the person that done this: They're coming for you. They're working day and night, day and night, away from their own families," Ben Chambers said.

Jessica Chambers' father said when the person who killed his little girl is found, he hopes they put them in solitary confinement, and he made a vow.

"Because I promise as long as I have breath in me I can talk to people and make sure they're not comfortable in there," Ben Chambers said

Mississippi Gov. Says He's Personally Pushing Pursuit of Jessica's Justice
Iris Barnes
On January 8, 2015

JACKSON, Miss. –Mississippi Governor Phil Byrant says the person or persons that killed Jessica Chambers will be found and brought to justice.

“My instructions to (Mississippi Department of Public Safety) Commissioner Albert Santa Cruze is to spare no effort. Whatever we need to do, utilize whatever expertise, equipment, manpower, personnel, we are going to find the person who committed this heinous crime; and we are going to hold them accountable,” Bryant said in an interview with News Mississippi.

[...]

“I’m a former law enforcement officer and have investigated homicides as a sheriff deputy; and it’s just a chilling effect when you hear how one human being can inflict such a horrible crime on another,” said Bryant.

[...]

Bryant said local, state and federal investigators are working tirelessly to find Jessica’s killer(s). “Believe me, there is no one who would like to solve this crime more than the local law enforcement agencies and the professional investigators who are working for the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation.”

- See more at: http://www.newsms.fm/mississippi-go...ssicas-justice/#sthash.V2U8TbCC.dasUHmez.dpuf

If you have information that may lead to an arrest, please contact the Panola County Sheriff's Office at (662) 563-6230.

MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 **Media Thread***NO DISCUSSION***

MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County - Maps and Photos - **NO DISCUSSION**

Poll: What Happened to Jessica Chambers?

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8

No one outside of LE knows what evidence they have or don't have, and the time investment needed at the crime scene is almost always based on what's actually there to be recovered.
I don't see how anyone can jump to the conclusion that any evidence has been mishandled, and that the whole case has been botched based on what has been gleaned from the media. Outside of LE....no one really knows anything.

I believe that most of that kind of thinking comes from prejudice about the region in which this crime occurred. Don't assume that the investigators have had no training or aren't that smart just because they work in rural Mississippi. All the references about country music and good ol' boys.....really not accurate. The actual problem is the same all over the US....a rise in crime and cuts in funding due to the lingering recession. That means less resources for LE and investigators who are stretched too thin,especially in poor rural communities.

This is my first time posting and I hope I don't post something that is not allowed

I normally don't follow this kind of stuff, but for some reason Jessica's story has really touched me. I have read friends and acquaintances of Jessica describe her as sweet, happy, always smiling, kind, someone who liked everyone and never judged people. I think she had a rough childhood, and it's sad that her life was taken before she could get out of that town, and I think those were her plans.

This case is so odd, reading about the town and the cast of characters that live there is like a Twilight Zone episode, only more strange.

I have thought about many of the same things people have posted here, and of course the thing that always stands out is the gas can person/people on the store camera. I just think the police would have found something by now if those people were involved.

I also wonder how people knew so quickly that she had lighter fluid poured down her throat. Have the police even confirmed this to be true?

I'm not going to bore everyone with all the thoughts I've had about this case, but I will mention one thing that I can't get out of my head. The names Jessica supposedly said before she passed away. I saw the interview with the man who said police came to his house because his name matched the name that Jessica mentioned. I saw the firefighter interview where he said that she did say something but he could not say what it was. The father also claims she named the killer. Has it been confirmed that she said any names?

I am going to assume she did say a name. Was the name clear though? Was it hard to understand her and that is why they are coming up with a couple of names that sound similar? Are they sure it was the name of the killer? Did she specifically say that was her killer? Could it have been a last name? It would actually make more sense that she would say a last name, because as we have seen just a first name makes it harder to know who it was she was referring to. She was a smart girl and I can picture her making sure she gave them a last name. If she didn't know the person's last name then that would be different.

I do have a theory as to what happened, and I also have been thinking that it is possible one of the people briefly interviewed a while ago is the person responsible. He was not a suspect that I know of, but doing some research I believe he might be someone they should look into more. I don't think I can name the person on here. The last name of this person can be mistaken to sound like Eric when spoken by a person in the condition Jessica was. I wonder if the police are looking into him more.

It would be also great to know if Jessica did indeed have an argument a week before with some guy in front of the gas station store, and if there was some kind of altercation she had with someone that led to a complaint being filed against her. This is what I have been reading online. This is just internet rumor though, I think.

I'm hoping with all the agencies involved that they will be able to solve this case.

So true, ffj, so true. How much was in the fund that was disbursed to JC's folks? I was certain that they would throw every cent towards the reward... I don't recall ever reading anything after the JFJ page thanked everyone for donating, and confirmed the family had received the funds. Also, there are plenty of people out there who are rich beyond belief... Unfortunately this case hasn't been publicized by MSM enough to get anyone's attention. I sincerely wish that somebody with a great deal of experience in PR managing the families of victims of crime would step up, and represent JC here- go knocking on doors, seeking media coverage, seeking reward donations, seeking funds for a respectable private investigator, seeking justice. I feel that the right person getting involved with sincerity in their quest for justice, for answers, for Jessica; could change the game here, so to speak. It's the squeaky wheel that gets greased, IMO.

And that would be interferring in a LE investigation which would more than likely be a crime itself.

How is hiring a private investigator interfering with an investigation?

"A private investigator can devote a great deal of quality time to re-investigate and closely scrutinize all aspects of a given case. Investigators are often hired to widen theories, identify new leads in the case, interview or re-interview witnesses, and interface with law enforcement.

With expertise, private investigators can take an unsolved crime or a cold case file and scour it with fresh eyes and new perspective. With new insight they can then begin to follow the evidence, across typical jurisdiction-limits, setting aside any preconceived notions and allowing the evidence to tell the story (http://pursuitmag.com/private-investigators-assisting-with-unsolved-crimes-and-cold-cases/)".

I believe that most of that kind of thinking comes from prejudice about the region in which this crime occurred. Don't assume that the investigators have had no training or aren't that smart just because they work in rural Mississippi. All the references about country music and good ol' boys.....really not accurate. The actual problem is the same all over the US....a rise in crime and cuts in funding due to the lingering recession. That means less resources for LE and investigators who are stretched too thin,especially in poor rural communities.

That's a pretty broad brush someone's painting with :)

Please, don't assume that those of us who think LE made an error in judgment are prejudiced for ANY reason. I guess I could be offended at having been assumed to be so narrow minded as to dismiss a lack of adherence to proper investigative procedures as "normal" to a specific region. Our subject in this specific case is a specific piece of Mississippi, but whether it was a case of laziness, lack of ethics, incompetence or ignorance - those traits can exist in any geographic location. I'm using those adjectives as examples of what it was that caused a seeming lack of care in this. It may or may not have been any of those, but it does give the appearance of lack of physical care.

It has less to do with any regional aspect than the awareness that common sense guidelines were not followed by adhering to basic standard (and expected) investigative procedures. If this same crime occurred in upstate New York or Bel Air, CA and the crime scene was "processed" just that quickly, believe me, we'd have the same observations and opinions.

In the same town, an on-scene investigation of a drug manufacturing raid -that involved no assaults, no injuries, no bodies, let alone an unimaginably sadistic and grisly, MURDER - took 10.5 hours to clear. They were in a building, protected from the elements, abundant lighting.

Jessica Chambers' murder scene was cleared and unattended after only a few hours.

The sheer number of pieces of evidence in a drug manufacturing raid notwithstanding - the murder scene should have at the very least - been blocked off and protected and manned throughout the night until more could be done with daylight.

I've always been a huge fan of Law Enforcement and the justice system and will continue to support.

These are my opinions and that's that. :D

And yes, I am the Queen of the Runon Sentence

This is my first time posting and I hope I don't post something that is not allowed

I normally don't follow this kind of stuff, but for some reason Jessica's story has really touched me. I have read friends and acquaintances of Jessica describe her as sweet, happy, always smiling, kind, someone who liked everyone and never judged people. I think she had a rough childhood, and it's sad that her life was taken before she could get out of that town, and I think those were her plans.

This case is so odd, reading about the town and the cast of characters that live there is like a Twilight Zone episode, only more strange.

I have thought about many of the same things people have posted here, and of course the thing that always stands out is the gas can person/people on the store camera. I just think the police would have found something by now if those people were involved.

I also wonder how people knew so quickly that she had lighter fluid poured down her throat. Have the police even confirmed this to be true?

I'm not going to bore everyone with all the thoughts I've had about this case, but I will mention one thing that I can't get out of my head. The names Jessica supposedly said before she passed away. I saw the interview with the man who said police came to his house because his name matched the name that Jessica mentioned. I saw the firefighter interview where he said that she did say something but he could not say what it was. The father also claims she named the killer. Has it been confirmed that she said any names?

I am going to assume she did say a name. Was the name clear though? Was it hard to understand her and that is why they are coming up with a couple of names that sound similar? Are they sure it was the name of the killer? Did she specifically say that was her killer? Could it have been a last name? It would actually make more sense that she would say a last name, because as we have seen just a first name makes it harder to know who it was she was referring to. She was a smart girl and I can picture her making sure she gave them a last name. If she didn't know the person's last name then that would be different.

I do have a theory as to what happened, and I also have been thinking that it is possible one of the people briefly interviewed a while ago is the person responsible. He was not a suspect that I know of, but doing some research I believe he might be someone they should look into more. I don't think I can name the person on here. The last name of this person can be mistaken to sound like Eric when spoken by a person in the condition Jessica was. I wonder if the police are looking into him more.

It would be also great to know if Jessica did indeed have an argument a week before with some guy in front of the gas station store, and if there was some kind of altercation she had with someone that led to a complaint being filed against her. This is what I have been reading online. This is just internet rumor though, I think.

I'm hoping with all the agencies involved that they will be able to solve this case.

:wagon: ashny :) Great first post. An while you are right you cannot name the person you suspect you have done a great job of laying breadcrumbs to get us there. I look forward to reading more of your thoughts.

I don't think we have ever had confirmation from LE or first responders that Jessica said a name. We do know she communicated or tried to with fire captain and we know she said or attempted to say something.

We have heard of this confrontation at the gas station in the week or weeks before that Jessica was involved in but I don't think LE has confirmed that either nor has the sex of the other individual involved been clear, although theories abound.

Once again, glad you took the leap to jump into the conversation.

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the thread. I wish I had answers for all of your questions, but unfortunately, we know very few things to be certain. Part of the problem we have had thus far with keeping things straight, has been with the reporting done by MSM. One news station would state JC was walking, on fire, then the next day there is an article describing her as being found laying by the car. One reporter will say that JC had accelerant poured down her throat and up her nose, and the next will state that no specific details have been released. There has been one thing after another contradicted, and it is hard to nail down any facts. There is a media thread, where a majority of the links pertaining to this case have been posted. You can take a look in there and see for yourself :facepalm:.

To my knowledge, LE has only confirmed that an accelerant was used, not whether or not it was poured down her throat, etc. Those were statements made by JC's dad, and AA, the clerk/store owner/dude who took pictures of JC's car directly after the fact, parked in front of his store. AA claimed to have that knowledge given to him by LE. LE never confirmed/denied that. It has also not been confirmed by LE what exactly was said by JC. Her sister and father both stated she said the name of the killer, HC fireman said he was told by JC, but cannot elaborate. JC's mother stated that JC spoke while in the helicopter, and did not state specifically what was said.

As far as the alleged argument/choking in front of the store a week prior, this has not been confirmed by anyone, either LE or MSM. AA stated in an extended interview that he had heard about it, but did not see it, as it happened in the morning, and he does not work mornings. We have no record, thus far, confirming if this alleged altercation happened, if it was with a male or a female, etc.

Regarding the complaint being filed against her, are you referring to the charges her mother was responsible for, and then later withdrew after her stay @ LH? I am not aware of any complaints being filed against JC the week prior to her death; if so, it has not been discussed by MSM or LE thus far, I don't think.

I hope this helps! And once again thanks for posting and a fresh perspective is always appreciated, IMO.

No one outside of LE knows what evidence they have or don't have, and the time investment needed at the crime scene is almost always based on what's actually there to be recovered.
I don't see how anyone can jump to the conclusion that any evidence has been mishandled, and that the whole case has been botched based on what has been gleaned from the media. Outside of LE....no one really knows anything.

BBM

To find a common ground in which to begin this reply, I will start by saying that I agree, no one outside of LE (should) know what evidence they have or don't have. I am increasingly confident in this now that the FBI, MBI, ATF, DEA are involved. It just produces more of an aire of professionalism, IMO.

As far as anyone (I can only speak for myself here) 'jumping to the conclusion that any evidence was mishandled', that is certainly not the case here, EllaMae (O/T-my niece's name, btw). My conclusion that evidence was mishandled came after over a week of watching this case, following it online, scouring the internet for news articles, pictures, videos, and legitimate information. What I found was the fastest CSI on a murder investigation, possibly ever, an obvious break in protocol regarding the simplest of principles of an investigation-securing a crime scene, chain of evidence, confidentiality. I saw a crime scene that was secured over 70 hours AFTER the crime occurred, I saw evidence photographed at the scene of the crime after police had came and gone, I saw a news station get their hands (literally) on CCTV footage prior to LE, and I have seen sensitive information pertaining to the investigation be leaked on social media by people other than LE.

This is how my decision making process works: I take in all related information, weigh what facts are presented, and use my brain to decide how I feel or what my opinion is or where I stand. I am an educated adult with a multicultural family and I can say with every bit of confidence within me that I have never made a prejudice comment, decision, or assumption. To be blunt, this is the first insinuation of prejudice I have encountered in life-forgive me if I do not know how to properly react. The problem here, IMO, has nothing to do with resources. The problem here is a shoddy at-best investigation of a crime scene, that Federal Agencies are now tasked with cleaning up, and to put together the pieces. Anywhere in the US, if an investigation would have been conducted in this manner, I would have torn it to pieces. Black or white, rich or poor, city or rural community. This is a murder investigation. It should have been respected as such. To accuse people on an internet thread focused on finding justice for a murder victim of being prejudiced as a result of their opinion on how a crime scene was handled says more about yourself than it does those you are pointing your finger at. :rant:

Thanks for the new thread Tricia :) Subscribing the lazy way.

Ruled suicides, most of them, though also a very few suspected suicides and failed attempts. These are all U.S. cases; I also found a couple from Australia and a few more from the UK.

Car fire ruled suicide-double homicide Mother, her 2 small children died in Ozaukee County park

Zephyrhills car fire may have been suicide

Illahee State Park car fire ruled suicide

Woman's death ruled a suicide; died of carbon monoxide poisoning in car fire

Springfield has second car-fire suicide in week

Police: Woman found in burning car may have been a suicide

Gorham Car Fire a Murder-Suicide

Three burned up bodies, in three vehicles, in just over three weeks

UPDATE - Suicide suspected in car fire

Authorities rule man's death suicide in car fire at woods

Suicide suspected in Albion woman's death in car fire

Woman attempts suicide by setting fire to car

Art Institute grad's death in car fire ruled suicide

Police: Suicide caused by car fire

Car-fire death ruled a suicide

Police: Vehicle Fire was Attempted Suicide

Car Fire Death Likely a Suicide: Cops

Baylor Freshman’s Fiery Death Ruled Suicide

Update: Delmar Car Fire Death Ruled Suicide

Police: Man found in burning car committed suicide

UPDATE: Car fire apparent suicide

Man's death from severe burns in SUV fire called suicide

Officials: Car fire death a suicide

Police: Citrus Park fire a mom, daughter suicide pact

Ballston Spa man dies in car fire; police rule out foul play

Authorities say woman set car on fire and her death was suicide

Goshen Police say March car fire in Linway Plaza was a suicide attempt

Body found in burnt car ruled a suicide, Steele County Sheriff's Office reports

El Paso police: Man found in burning car was a suicide

Vehicle fire at N. Phoenix Walgreens appears to be suicide

How is hiring a private investigator interfering with an investigation?

"A private investigator can devote a great deal of quality time to re-investigate and closely scrutinize all aspects of a given case. Investigators are often hired to widen theories, identify new leads in the case, interview or re-interview witnesses, and interface with law enforcement.

With expertise, private investigators can take an unsolved crime or a cold case file and scour it with fresh eyes and new perspective. With new insight they can then begin to follow the evidence, across typical jurisdiction-limits, setting aside any preconceived notions and allowing the evidence to tell the story (http://pursuitmag.com/private-investigators-assisting-with-unsolved-crimes-and-cold-cases/)".

Many private investigators are retired LE :D Bonus!

thanks for those links wfgodot. If I may ask, and only if you happen to know offhand, how many of them were initially stated by LE to be homicide only to later be determined as suicide?

:wagon: ashny :) Great first post. An while you are right you cannot name the person you suspect you have done a great job of laying breadcrumbs to get us there. I look forward to reading more of your thoughts.

I don't think we have ever had confirmation from LE or first responders that Jessica said a name. We do know she communicated or tried to with fire captain and we know she said or attempted to say something.

We have heard of this confrontation at the gas station in the week or weeks before that Jessica was involved in but I don't think LE has confirmed that either nor has the sex of the other individual involved been clear, although theories abound.

Once again, glad you took the leap to jump into the conversation.
I wrote out a reply to your post in the last thread but for some reason it would not let me post. Hopefully I'll get the hang of posting in this forum :)

I'm probably wrong about the person I'm suspecting, and I don't think I have heard anyone mention him at all, but I think he should be looked into. Of course, we have no idea who the FBI is looking into, so it is possible they have questioned him. If I have his correct address he lives very close to the gas station. There are other reasons I think he may have done this.

My guess is that the person who killed her planned on running her off the road, and they hoped it would look like an accident. When that didn't work out they had to do more. Now I have no idea how common it is for people to have extra gas or lighter fluid in their car, and I am not sure how much of that was used in this case, but I don't think it's impossible that someone would have those items in their truck/car. It's also possible they had those items just in case they had to use them.

I wish I knew if there really was a party that Jessica went to that night and if she really did leave with some people. So far, I have seen no evidence of that besides a news clip with a woman talking about some party. Maybe Jessica did go to a party, or maybe she met up with someone, but my guess it that the people at this party had nothing to do with her murder. I don't think this was done by any of her friends/people she hung out with.

thanks for those links wfgodot. If I may ask, and only if you happen to know offhand, how many of them were initially stated by LE to be homicide only to later be determined as suicide?
The El Paso 2014 was, at least.

Police initially treated the case as a homicide until it was ruled otherwise.

Most others at least did not announce loudly to MSM that they had a homicide on their hands, though they might have suspected they did, and I would imagine all investigations thoroughly dealt with, and ruled out, the possibility.

ETA....here's an interesting statement from a 'big name' (though hardly infallible) expert about the rarity factor -- though as one can see here, even specifically car fire suicides don't really appear to be that rare. (This is from the "Art institute grad" article linked above, from 2011.)

Former Allegheny County Coroner Cyril Wecht said he has seen only two suicides by fire in his 50 years in forensic science.

"It's very unusual in the U.S., although it happens overseas," said Wecht, who now has a private practice.

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the thread. I wish I had answers for all of your questions, but unfortunately, we know very few things to be certain. Part of the problem we have had thus far with keeping things straight, has been with the reporting done by MSM. One news station would state JC was walking, on fire, then the next day there is an article describing her as being found laying by the car. One reporter will say that JC had accelerant poured down her throat and up her nose, and the next will state that no specific details have been released. There has been one thing after another contradicted, and it is hard to nail down any facts. There is a media thread, where a majority of the links pertaining to this case have been posted. You can take a look in there and see for yourself :facepalm:.

To my knowledge, LE has only confirmed that an accelerant was used, not whether or not it was poured down her throat, etc. Those were statements made by JC's dad, and AA, the clerk/store owner/dude who took pictures of JC's car directly after the fact, parked in front of his store. AA claimed to have that knowledge given to him by LE. LE never confirmed/denied that. It has also not been confirmed by LE what exactly was said by JC. Her sister and father both stated she said the name of the killer, HC fireman said he was told by JC, but cannot elaborate. JC's mother stated that JC spoke while in the helicopter, and did not state specifically what was said.

As far as the alleged argument/choking in front of the store a week prior, this has not been confirmed by anyone, either LE or MSM. AA stated in an extended interview that he had heard about it, but did not see it, as it happened in the morning, and he does not work mornings. We have no record, thus far, confirming if this alleged altercation happened, if it was with a male or a female, etc.

Regarding the complaint being filed against her, are you referring to the charges her mother was responsible for, and then later withdrew after her stay @ LH? I am not aware of any complaints being filed against JC the week prior to her death; if so, it has not been discussed by MSM or LE thus far, I don't think.

I hope this helps! And once again thanks for posting and a fresh perspective is always appreciated, IMO.
Yes, all the different things reported by the media are very confusing. I will check out the media link, thanks!

I have no idea why LE would tell AA that Jessica had something poured down her throat when they won't release this info to the public. I do believe AA that is what happened though. I think the cops had no idea how big this case was going to get and shared information they shouldn't have with people in the beginning.

I read that two complaints were filed against Jessica and they are not the ones filed by her mother. These were filed by another family member. I think they were assault charges filed by a step brother.

Yes, all the different things reported by the media are very confusing. I will check out the media link, thanks!

I have no idea why LE would tell AA that Jessica had something poured down her throat when they won't release this info to the public. I do believe AA that is what happened though. I think the cops had no idea how big this case was going to get and shared information they shouldn't have with people in the beginning.

I read that two complaints were filed against Jessica and they are not the ones filed by her mother. These were filed by another family member. I think they were assault charges filed by a step brother.

BBM

Yes, the media thread is quite helpful. There is also a list of 'players', aka those listed thus far by MSM or LE. I'm not sure about the other 2 charges you are referring to... do you have any links? TIA.

The El Paso 2014 was, at least.

Most others at least did not announce loudly to MSM that they had a homicide on their hands, though they might have suspected they did, and I would imagine all investigations thoroughly dealt with, and ruled out, the possibility.

ETA....here's an interesting statement from a 'big name' (though hardly infallible) expert about the rarity factor -- though as one can see here, even specifically car fire suicides don't really appear to be that rare. (This is from "Art institute grad" article linked above.)

Thanks for knowing there was no snark in the question.

I asked because I know that is a theory in this case. Not mine, but others. Your links reminded me of a case one maybe two years ago that I followed because it was somewhat local to me. A woman named Silpa Vuyyalat drove herself to a field and committed suicide by setting herself ablaze.

I could not fathom choosing such a method. But LE seemed pretty clear that they believed it was suicide from very early on and that was so confusing to me as I would have expected them to first think someone else was responsible. But very early on they deemed it suicide. We never heard any more about why she may have done such a thing or chosen such a method to kill herself.

If I wanted to die, I would take some pills or use some method that was not as painful as fire. Also, what if you do not die, but live a long period in excruciating pain? Anyway, thanks for for answering. here is the link to that case. http://www.illinoishomepage.net/story/police-investigate-burned-body/d/story/Zxsg1_2GMEuHZ-AYGLfq4A

Thanks for knowing there was no snark in the question.

I asked because I know that is a theory in this case. Not mine, but others. Your links reminded me of a case one maybe two years ago that I followed because it was somewhat local to me. A woman named Silpa Vuyyalat drove herself to a field and committed suicide by setting herself ablaze.

I could not fathom choosing such a method. But LE seemed pretty clear that they believed it was suicide from very early on and that was so confusing to me as I would have expected them to first think someone else was responsible. But very early on they deemed it suicide. We never heard any more about why she may have done such a thing or chosen such a method to kill herself.

If I wanted to die, I would take some pills or use some method that was not as painful as fire. Also, what if you do not die, but live a long period in excruciating pain? Anyway, thanks for for answering. here is the link to that case. http://www.illinoishomepage.net/story/police-investigate-burned-body/d/story/Zxsg1_2GMEuHZ-AYGLfq4A
Interesting case as, apparently, the car was only a means of transport, and, though adjacent to it, unaffected by the fire.

One thing I didn't find (or just plain missed) was a suicide car victim who was found alive outside the burning or burned vehicle, as was allegedly the case here, with Jessica Chambers.

And yes, suicide by fire does not appeal. Yikes. Yet, pace Wecht, above, it is not at all unheard of.

I don't think BB or (SR etc.) have been ruled out along with any other individuals. Since LE/FBI have been very tight-lipped about investigating this case, they may be waiting for someone to make a mistake/move. I wouldn't rule out someone who could been seen carrying a filled gas can within hours of Jessica being set on fire plus SM rants etc. at all. If there is more than one person involved in murdering Jessica, they most likely will start to turn on one another. Hopefully someone will go to LE as it may be better for them in the long run, i.e. plea bargains because I don't see perpetrators lives being the same even if they try to carry on with their "secret". Always Jmo.

Interesting case as, apparently, the car was only a means of transport, and, though adjacent to it, unaffected by the fire.

One thing I didn't find (or just plain missed) was a suicide car victim who was found alive outside the burning or burned vehicle, as was allegedly the case here, with Jessica Chambers.

And yes, suicide by fire does not appeal. Yikes. Yet, pace Wecht, above, it is not at all unheard of.

While suicide is plausible in theory, there is nothing that indicates it at this point. Did Jessica have access to the amount of accelerant needed to douse car and herself? Was Jessica on the upswing or downswing? Was there a suicide note? Why douse the entire car and Jessica was found outside of car? Why separate phone? I think an accident is more likely than suicide and both are less likely than murder. If hypothetically Jessica were into meth and some explosion in her car is more plausible to me than suicide. But even that isn't as plausible as murder. It seems to me there are a number of potential suspects, and some of them seem pretty dangerous if we go by arrest records, i.e. drug trafficking, domestic violence, etc/ Jmo/

ETA- I bet that if Jessica wanted to kill herself, she would have more access to some weapon (like gun she could borrow from acquaintance) that would not be nearly as painful a death as self-immolation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni