Thanks button intermittently disappears

Dr. Know?

Former Member
Reaction score
No, TCLA, that is not the problem I'm having.

Dave, there are others that mention the problem in every thread I visit but Jodi Arias' is where I've been lately that other people mention it too. You get a pop up window with a warning & a ding when trying to thank someone. If I refresh the page, then I can thank that post. I may be able to thank several posts before it happens again. It's been going on for months now. Could be my settings but others have it too?

eta, just disabled , thanked a couple posts then got the pop up & ding again on another one.

DrKnow's post copied from a different thread.

Others have noted this problem. The present solution is to refresh the page. Thanks button will reappear and function normally, at least for awhile.

Yeah, but when there's stuff hopping in a case and there's posters posting tweets of a trial in order to follow or when something big is hitting the news, or the pro's post info, it's like a cattle prod, like you have been bad. Yes, refreshing helps but it stops your momentum. lol

At first, I thought well that's happening because people have me on ignore. bummer...but it just happens at random and it can be one after the other or every 2nd, third, 8th or 10th time, & not always the same person I'm thanking either. Frustrating & annoying.

Thanks for the help! Hope it gets solved soon!

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I have a very general idea of what is causing this and will look into it as soon as possible. Do not however think that means today tomorrow or the next day.

I have a long list of things that need to be done and this list must be prioritized. One of the items on my list may affect this issue in a positive manner. It would be backwards to look into this issue before doing some of the other items on my list.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and patience. I promise your issue will not be ignored.

Dave

Probably too good to be true, but while working on the ad redirect issue I spotted something which could conflicting with the thank you code.

Let me know if we got lucky, I really doubt it but it is possible.

Mine restored itself after I closed then reopened WS.

Not talking about the couple of minutes it was down earlier, that was my doing. I am glad it went down though, that is how I figured the correlation.

Probably too good to be true, but while working on the ad redirect issue I spotted something which could conflicting with the thank you code.

Let me know if we got lucky, I really doubt it but it is possible.

Nope, didn't get lucky. Still happening to me regularly.

Wow I am glad to read I am not the only one with this problem. I am still new, so I thought maybe some people can't be thanked but then I saw the posts I am trying to thank have lots of other thanks. So then I thought maybe there is a limit to how many thanks someone could get but that didn't pan out either. I hope it gets fixed soon. I never thought to refresh the page to see if the thanks button reappears or not.

Here is the biggest issue on this. The thanks button is not part of native VBulletin, it was created as an addon for PREVIOUS versions of the forum software.. The original writer of the add on has gone MIA and is obviously not planning on updating it for the most recent versions. The community has to an extent attempted to pick up the slack, seemingly with mixed results.

Is there an ETA on the fixing of the "thanks" button that will disappear randomly and a little window with a yellow triangle pops up? Then you have to refresh the page to get the thanks button back so you can thank the poster, only to have to do it a few thanks later.

No ETA at this time. Hopefully within the next couple of weeks I can start progressing that way. There are other things I MUST get to first but am in a holding pattern for now.

I see this issue is still ongoing for us. Just adding my two cents (with inflation, it probably is worth about 33% less now) on how frustrating it is to have to refresh after nearly every post.

Any way to totally eliminate the old "add on" and make something new that works with vBulletin? My complete lack of programming knowledge will only understand a yes, no, or maybe.

Thanks for your efforts!

My complete lack of programming knowledge will only understand a yes, no, or maybe.

Yes but no.

How is that for throwing a wrench in it ;)

Ok, I will give you a bit more. There is another, but to change would be to erase the thank you history. I will be working one aspect of this next week, cannot say yet if it will make a difference.

Yes but no.

How is that for throwing a wrench in it ;)

Ok, I will give you a bit more. There is another, but to change would be to erase the thank you history. I will be working one aspect of this next week, cannot say yet if it will make a difference.

Well.... I like tools, so I suppose that means there will be "hope" Thanks for trying! What good is the "history" if it doesn't work now? (being facetious, no reply needed.)

Here is the biggest issue on this. The thanks button is not part of native VBulletin, it was created as an addon for PREVIOUS versions of the forum software.. The original writer of the add on has gone MIA and is obviously not planning on updating it for the most recent versions. The community has to an extent attempted to pick up the slack, seemingly with mixed results.

BBM
OK, another curiosity question. Is the useless search button part of an old add-on, too?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back