Identified! TX - Harris Co., Fem UP13387, 18-25, in homeless camp, Dec'14 - Jency Whitlock

SurfieTX

Reaction score
Estimated age Late Teen/Young Adult
Minimum age 18 years
Maximum age 25 years
Race White
Sex Female

Weight (pounds): Cannot Estimate
Height (inches): 63, Estimated

All parts recovered
Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Brownish-red hair
Deformities: Deformity of the nose

Probable year of death: 2005 to 2014
Estimated postmortem interval: 1 Year

CIRCUMSTANCES:
Address 1 1625 Cypress Station Drive
City Houston
State Texas
Zip code 77090
County Harris

Skeletal remains found in homeless encampment in a vacant lot.

CLOTHING/ACCESSORIES:
Clothing on body: Orange Columbia jacket
Clothing with body: Black bra and black T-shirt
Acrylic or solar nails with blue tips, white stripes, and glitter.

DENTAL: Available charting is entered

DNA: Submitted - test not complete

RULE OUT: Christina M. Morris

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/13387

This is local to me, so I thought I would chime in on a few things. First of all, the jacket. It doesn't get really cold here much at all, so much so that most of us don't even have or purchase winter coats, which leads me to believe the body was put there either in December or January. Secondly, the color of it, orange, is often times representative of the University of Texas (main campus is in Austin) as orange is the football team color. People are insane here when it comes to representing either UT or A&M and football (everyone picks a side/favorite), so this leads me to believe this person was a UT fan. Where she was found is actually closer to A&M than it is UT, so it might have been for a football game maybe?

The nails, the matching bra and shirt color all make me believe this girl took care of herself and wasn't likely homeless even though she was found in a homeless camp area. The brand of the jacket, Columbia, isn't a cheap brand either.

Did some research on the jacket... it appears to be a Columbia Antimony III Men's jacket. Columbia jackets are typically not cheap, this one looks like it goes for about $100. That combined with this woman's fancy manicure tells me that even though she was found in a homeless camp, she was most likely not homeless. Between the jacket and the nails, she shouldn't be too hard to identify!

I submitted Roxanne Paltauf as a possible match last week, and the case worker told me she has been ruled out through dentals. They haven't updated the NamUs page.

I submitted Roxanne Paltauf as a possible match last week, and the case worker told me she has been ruled out through dentals. They haven't updated the NamUs page.

Yes, that is what she said when I talked to Dr. Bird. Ugh! Maybe Brandi will be a match? One can hope.

Could it be Ali Lowitzer? Her hair was said to have been naturally brown but dyed auburn.

Yes, that is what she said when I talked to Dr. Bird. Ugh! Maybe Brandi will be a match? One can hope.

I do think Brandi looks like a possibility. In her picture, you can see that her nails are done. Not the same style, obviously, but at least it shows that she has a history of getting manicures.

I'm curious why Namus has a postmortem interval of one year and then notes that the remains may have been there since 2005.

Could it be Ali Lowitzer? Her hair was said to have been naturally brown but dyed auburn.

Ali's mom or dad has been on her thread since the discovery of the remains. I wish they would update NamUs. They ruled out Christina Morris fairly quickly, it seems.

Roxanne Paltauf and Christina Morris are both listed ruleouts now.

Awesome work!

I'm familiar with the Zoe Campos case, I don't think it is possible that she is this UID. The other two are definite possibilities. I know the estimated time of death dated back to 2005 at one point, so I'm not sure if anything as recent as late last year is likely, though.

(There is something very familiar about this, I can't think of it right now, but it has to do with the location...hopefully it will come to me if it is anything significant!)

Were there maybe some other remains found nearby there recently, not smurfette, but some other ones...?

Is it possible the body had really been there for years? Is this location really that isolated?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa
Back