995 users online (170 members and 825 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

WI - John W. Dwyer, 23, Wisconsin Dells, 25 January 2015

John W. Dwyer

Missing 23-year-old last seen in downtown Wisconsin Dells
    WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. -

Wisconsin Dells police are asking for the publicís help in locating a 23-year-old man who was last seen Saturday afternoon, according to a release.

The family of John W. Dwyer, 23, of LaCrosse, reported him missing Sunday afternoon, officials said.

Dwyer was in Wisconsin Dells with friends Saturday afternoon to celebrate several birthdays, but did not return home, according to the release. He was last seen in the downtown area of Wisconsin Dells.
    http://m.channel3000.com/Missing-23-...Dells/30931350
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

LaCrosse and Wisconsin Dells are 90 miles apart...why no information on his car?

Any activity on his credit cards/phone etc?

I'm finding very little info on this

http://abc7chicago.com/news/man-miss...turday/493132/

This article says he was last seen at 11:30 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Shay View Post
    Lots of interesting comments on there.

Not familiar with the area, but after following the Shane Montgomery (PA) case, I have to ask, is there a body of water nearby? River or lake?

The Wisconsin River runs through it (I looked at google earth). Too many young men have been found in water after a night on the town.

He is trending on FB. Should get more activity coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by LavenderLotus View Post
    Lots of interesting comments on there.
    you weren't kidding!

I always felt very safe in the Dells but I went in summer and didn't hang out around bars. It's a tourist town so it probably isn't as busy in winter because most of the entertainment and fun things to do are outside. I hope this guy is somewhere safe and that he will be found soon.

It sounds like they are getting some solid tips and places to ask for security footage - maybe it will at least help fill in a timeline and areas to start looking.

Dwyer was last seen by a friend around 2 a.m. on Sunday near the rear entrance of Nig's Bar. Dwyer's family reported him missing around Sunday afternoon. They said he was in the Dells Saturday afternoon to celebrate several birthdays but did not return home. A friend had asked if Dwyer needed a ride and he refused. The friend told police John did not seem to be in any condition that would not allow him to take care of himself. Police said there is no indication of foul play.

http://www.news8000.com/news/missing...dells/30933268

I live right between both towns (along the highway and probably the halfway point between the 2) and am very familiar with them both. If I want to go shopping anywhere besides Walmart, I have to tomato LaCrosse or the Dells. My husband used to work LE for one of the departments that make up the "Dells" before we met when he was starting his career. There ar lots of places things can go wrong between the 2 locations. Lakes, rivers, wooded areas, bluffs/ravines, etc.. Some parts aren't exactally gentle terrain.

It's been all over our news which is in the LaCrosse market and I would imagine it's on in the Madison market as well.

I have seen his face and the alert for missing person story with information no less then 5 times today alon from the local media.

If I hear anything local, I will try to update.

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    The Wisconsin River runs through it (I looked at google earth). Too many young men have been found in water after a night on the town.
    Yes, this is what I was getting at.
    Shane Montgomery's story is very similar - night out drinking with friends, friends lose track of him, he disappears, is found in river from apparent accidental drowning.
    I hope that John's case has a better ending than Shane's

Lacrosse? I recall a few cases of the past from that area. I hope there is no connection.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast