1055 users online (212 members and 843 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 99 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 27

New thread for court session today. Please continue posting here.

I must say as I said yesterday, the DT and JA are not fooling this jury. IMO they are looking worse by the bashing of Travis and the lies.
    Ladies and Gentleman we have ourselves a smart jury
    Don't mind the misspellings.

Well, I think the DT will wrap up today, unless Jodi takes the stand. Any opinions on whether she will take the stand or not? I hope she does so Juan can cross her but then again I don't want days and days of direct.

I may stand alone but I think the state would be better off should she decide to not testify again and instead allocate(?). If that were to happen, wouldn't she go last which would put her in the position of not being able to explain away anything the State puts up next? if anything, the jury would see her desperately trying to come up with excuses and lies to cover herself against what the State says/does next.

Of course, being able to cross her would also be beneficial to the State. I think the defense is in a deep pit right now and has to pick between two bad choices, three if you count in her opting to just remain silent.
    on twitter, my blog, and in life I am a "Floormodel", slightly used by age but still in perfectly good condition and worth having around.

Red face

So I'm early for once??? Okay then, marking my spot and maybe I'll go get some chores done and come back. Today should be good. Maybe excitement was the reason for my insomnia.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial 2h 2 hours ago

I will be heading down for more #JodiArias this morning.

Thanks for the minimal BTS yesterday while I was gone. -hWild

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial 2m 2 minutes ago

Who's number 1?? I am. #jodiarias

-----Only the ORIGINAL WAT !
    JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

So, will Jodi retake the stand? I vote Yes
    She has nothing else to do. She sits in her cell and fantasizes about convincing this jury or one juror with her Einstein like brain and verbose style and oh so awesome vocabulary that Travis abused her and deserved what he got. In fact, Jodi no doubt saved several seven year old boys and dozens of twelve year old girls from being abused by him as well.
    She dreams at night of sparring again with The Prosecutor. How dare he expose her like he did?
    Allocution won't satisfy her nearly as much

Corpus Christi, Texas

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by wvjules View Post
    Well, I think the DT will wrap up today, unless Jodi takes the stand. Any opinions on whether she will take the stand or not? I hope she does so Juan can cross her but then again I don't want days and days of direct.
    I was on the fence about that, but since she put on her black testilying blazer yesterday, I think it's a sign.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Bringing over the link to our poster ZIGGY's excellent summary of the day in court yesterday. Great work, Ziggy! OhLaLa, The Geff actually said Witness 1's name twice? That should put glitch in asking for prosecutorial misconduct for Juan saying the name, shouldn't it?

Post #417
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-Part-2/page17
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

I'm here in my seat...
    Also trying to keep an eye on
    the melinda muniz trial starting this morning.

Not to go off topic ...

But I saw this photo on the www.azcentral.com Home Page, and just had to post it here :

This pup is so cute ! Hope it cheers everyone up

JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

All it takes is another William Zervakos who said in interviews that Jodi Arias was a perfectly normal 27 yo woman living a perfectly normal life until she met Travis Alexander and her life spiraled downhill. I hope her July 28 letter shows this jury that, even if JA is mentally ill, she poses too much of a danger to other inmates to be allowed to live among them.

AZL...if you pop in today...

Are these options for JA on the stand accurate?

1. She can take the stand again to testify. If she does so, her secret testimony also becomes subject to cross examination.

2. She can decline to testify on the stand again. JSS has the option of either striking her secret testimony or allowing it in as allocution.

3. If the secret testimony is allowed in as allocution, JM will not be able to cross on it.

4. If allowed in as allocution, JA can choose whether or not to continue allocuting on the stand without cross by JM.

5. If she continues with allocution, she can say whatever she wants for as long as she wants? What happens if she goes flat out for residual doubt? As in denies she premeditated the murder?
    RIP, Cassini. To her tireless overseers- job well done.

I have no clue as to what will happen next. My choice? The Defense Rests!

They can't stop putting their case in a worse light than yesterday. Having heard parts of Jodi's letter, I don't know if they will believe anything she says or has said anyway.
    The greatest trespasser on justice still wishes it done to him.

EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims

Page 1 of 99 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast