FL FL - Arietta Tinker, 17, Miramar, 12 April 1975

darthsheila

Reaction score
Arietta Tinker is my aunt through marriage. She was murdered in Miramar, Florida April 12th 1975. I don't know too many details, unfortunately. What I do know is that she was 17 years old and had an almost 1 year old son with her husband Ralph Tinker II. The police apparently questioned Ralph, but for some reason did not charge him or anyone else with her murder.
I came across a newspaper that detailed multiple cases of missing or murdered girls in that area while I was reading about cold cases. From that I was able to find out that she died in Miramar. I contacted the sheriffs department there and spoke with a detective this morning. He told me that he would order her case file then call me again after reading it.
I am asking for help in finding any information possible on this murder so we can find out once and for all what happened to Arietta. Her full name is Arietta Marie (Shaw) Tinker, she was 17 years old and married to Ralph Tinker II. She disappeared sometime between the 11th and 12th of April in 1975. And that's pretty much all I have to go on.
I will update as often as I find new leads, thanks in advance for any help offered. And feel free to ask me questions, it might help uncover something.

The above links no longer work unfortunately. I was able to snip this but it is difficult to read. I was able to copy some text at the bottom of the link and attempted to format it.
Clipping from The Orlando Sentinel - Newspapers.com

9 Me By 'Same9 Pattern By JULIE WILSON Sentinel Stir Stiff MIAMI

Elyse Rapp was 21, and so shy that her best friend was her striped yellow tomcat. When they found her floating in the lukewarm waters of a Dade County canal, she was wearing only a necklace with the Hebrew symbol for life.

Ronnie Gorlin was 27, vivacious and excited about her upcoming marriage. Her body, wearing only sandals, was also found floating face down in a canal.

Esmeralda Gordon was 24, a school teacher married to an aide to a state senator. When they found her floating in a rockpit, she had a single bullet hole in her forehead. There are six other names of six other young women found either floating in canals or on the banks of waterways in Dade and Broward counties this year.

POLICE BELIEVE more than one killer is involved, but they aren't certain. All they do know for sure is that the man who murdered each woman is sick, and the sickness that - drove him to carry out his crazy drama could push him to do it again and again. Capt. Elihu Phares said the lifestyles of the women in Broward led to their deaths. In some cases they were walking alone at night or hitchhiking or were known to strike up conversations with strangers. However, in Dade County, the three murdered women are invariably described as "nice young women" who never picked up men or invited trouble. The Broward murders began in February, but four were committed within a one month span this summer.

BARBARA SCHREIBER and Belinda Zetterower, both 14, were found in a Broward canal on June 19. The last? time they were seen, the ' iw mriM mini it -WW', ..111 .i.l.Llliiiuyiii.i I, BARBARA SCHREIBER ... June death victim junior high school pals were trying to hitch a ride. Three weeks later, Robin Losch, 15, was found in the same canal. A grocery store clerk was the last to see her alive. She had a small bag of marijuana in her pocket when she was found.

Other Broward victims were Judith Oesterling, 20, who worked in a massage parlor; Arietta Tinker, 17, the only Broward victim who was mar-r i e d a 1 though she was separated from her husband, and Nancy Lee Fox, 19, a night waitress in a taco restaurant who was last seen walking home alone. Miss Oesterling, killed in February, and Miss Fox, killed in June, were found in the same canal just north of the Dade-Broward line. Barbara Schreiber, Belinda Zetterower and Leslie Losch were found in the same canal, about 200 yards from' where Miss Fox and Miss Oesterling were discovered. THE WOMEN had been either bashed in the head or shot. Most had been sexually ARIETTA TINKER . . . Slain in Broward molested and stripped of clothing. In Dade, the similarities between the Rapp and Gorlin murders are so striking, that investigators believe they were almost certainly committed by the same man.

Each victim's car was found with one flat tire, parked in a shopping center. Police theorize the murderer flattened the tire and then offered to be a Good Samaritan. The young women were Jewish, attractive, and drove lease or rental cars with "E" tags. Each body was stripped of all clothing except for a single item and the other clothes were never found. The murderer could be a fettishist who still has the dead women's clothes in his possession, investigators say. Mrs. Gordon's bronze Vega was found in the same shop- ' ping center as Miss Gorlin's car. However, the tires were not flattened. Unlike Miss Gorlin and Miss Rapp, Mrs. Gordon was fully clothed and had not been sexually assaulted. (Continued On Page 8-A, Col. 1)
upload_2020-7-20_18-27-59.png

Arietta Tinker is my aunt through marriage. She was murdered in Miramar, Florida April 12th 1975. I don't know too many details, unfortunately. What I do know is that she was 17 years old and had an almost 1 year old son with her husband Ralph Tinker II. The police apparently questioned Ralph, but for some reason did not charge him or anyone else with her murder.
I came across a newspaper that detailed multiple cases of missing or murdered girls in that area while I was reading about cold cases. From that I was able to find out that she died in Miramar. I contacted the sheriffs department there and spoke with a detective this morning. He told me that he would order her case file then call me again after reading it.
I am asking for help in finding any information possible on this murder so we can find out once and for all what happened to Arietta. Her full name is Arietta Marie (Shaw) Tinker, she was 17 years old and married to Ralph Tinker II. She disappeared sometime between the 11th and 12th of April in 1975. And that's pretty much all I have to go on.
I will update as often as I find new leads, thanks in advance for any help offered. And feel free to ask me questions, it might help uncover something.

Hi i was wondering what info you were able to attain from the detective

I figured DNA would help solve this. So sad. Too bad he’s dead. Maybe they can tie him to other crimes.

Snip
Thanks to DNA and fruitful detective work, BSO has identified Robert Clark Keebler, a now-deceased criminal with an extensive criminal history as a suspect. Keebler’s criminal history includes sexual assault and aggravated assault in crimes from Florida to California. Gianino says he believes Keebler is responsible for the double homicide that robbed Barbara and Darlene of their lives.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back