CA CA - Diane Dye, 13, San Jose, 30 July 1979

Richard

Reaction score
Diane Genice Dye

Missing since July 30, 1979 from San Jose, Santa Clara County, California.
Classification: Endangered Missing.

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: November 20, 1965
Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2; 110 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; hazel eyes.
Clothing: Light blue cords, blue shirt.
Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance Dye was last seen leaving her residence in San Jose, California on July 30, 1979.

If you have any information concerning Dye's whereabouts, please contact:
San Jose Police Department 408-277-4141

The Doe Network: Case File 129DFCA

Agency Case Number: 792129576

NCIC Number: M-121229080

Source Information: California Department of Justice

Link:

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/129dfca.html

Richard, do you have any more specifics on Diane's case? I remember the name but I don't remember very many details and there is not much available on the web. Did anyone ever conclusively rule in/out the Princess Doe connection? It seems to me that I saw Diane's case featured on TV some time ago, maybe Unsolved Mysteries, I'm not sure though.

I read somewhere that Diane was supposed to have run off from home because her parents were having marriage problems and that a friend bumped into her at a mall and Diane was supposed to have told the friend she didn't particulary want her parents knowing she was still in the area. How true this is, I don't know...

coco said:
I read somewhere that Diane was supposed to have run off from home because her parents were having marriage problems and that a friend bumped into her at a mall and Diane was supposed to have told the friend she didn't particulary want her parents knowing she was still in the area. How true this is, I don't know...
While the story may have some truth in it, Diane was only 13 years old at the time, and hardly of an age to fend for herself and make such decisions. The fact that it has been 26 years since her disappearance would lead most to believe that some foul play took place.

KT Can said:
Richard, do you have any more specifics on Diane's case? I remember the name but I don't remember very many details and there is not much available on the web. Did anyone ever conclusively rule in/out the Princess Doe connection? It seems to me that I saw Diane's case featured on TV some time ago, maybe Unsolved Mysteries, I'm not sure though.

Diane Dye was ruled out as Princess Doe (from Blairstown, NJ) via DNA. I have confirmed this with local LE.

Has she ever been considered for Cali?

I happened upon this today and this young girl has an uncanny resemblance to the young girl found in the NY cornfield in Nov 1979. I've notified both authorities so that they can confirm or rule out. Prayers for closure. Truly sad. Here is the young girl found shot to death that looks very similar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE9czz3h9YQ

I received this today :(

This is in response to your letter concerning an unidentified deceased female found in New York possibly being missing person Diane Dye. Based on dental information, the missing person you refer to has been investigated by the authorities and eliminated as being the same as the deceased. Thank you for your continued efforts to help locate California's missing persons.

If we can be of any further assistance please contact the Missing and Unidentified Persons Unit at (916) 227-3290.

Sincerely,

LINDA SCHWEIG, Program Manager
Missing and Unidentified Persons
Violent Crime Information Center
Bureau of Criminal Information and Analysis

For EDMUND G. BROWN JR.
Attorney General

California Department of Justice
Missing & Unidentified Person Program
P.O. Box 903387
Sacramento, CA 94203-3870
(916) 227-3290

I have always felt with Diane that there actually may be a chance (albeit a slight chance) she is alive and does not want to be found.

I think she could have gone into prostitution to support herself and got mixed up with drugs, the wrong pimp, etc. In that world a person can disappear and no one notices, cares or is too afraid to do anything out of fear for their own situation. A pimp can get away with murder pretty easily - so can a serial killer.

July 30th marks the 30th anniversary of the disappearance of Kiane Genice Dye.

Diane Dye missing thirty-one years, yesterday

I saw Diane Dye mentioned on another thread and had a good feeling that she could be alive still. I checked knowx and found a Diane G. Dye marriage record in Cali. Im going to search intellus and see if she's the same age.

Found the husband on the marriage record, he's 47 so its possible. Couldnt find her or a divorce record.

What would really help in these situations?? If we had a parent name so we could reference on people search sites that way. I have actually seen a missing person listed under their mom with a different last name before after all those years.

Will keep searching, the curcimstances regarding her disappearance and then sighting almost 2 years later really makes me think that there is a good probability that she is alive.

Found the husband on the marriage record, he's 47 so its possible. Couldnt find her or a divorce record.

What would really help in these situations?? If we had a parent name so we could reference on people search sites that way. I have actually seen a missing person listed under their mom with a different last name before after all those years.

Will keep searching, the curcimstances regarding her disappearance and then sighting almost 2 years later really makes me think that there is a good probability that she is alive.

That and the fact she seemed to leave on her own makes me think the same.

image.aspx

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/image.aspx?img_id=5288411631788mp1.jpg&width=200

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back