1119 users online (262 members and 857 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Im puzzled as to why the Help find Steven Koecher fb group was made secret?

I'm answering this from the last thread. That particular facebook page is run by people very close to the Koecher family. They get extremely offended by suggestions that Steven may have been gay, they also get very upset if you bring up the topic of Steven being murdered, which is strange to me since at this point it is clearly an option. I was once a part of the group but upon stating I thought Steven was murdered I was kicked out of the group and received several hateful messages from its members. They don’t believe he ran off yet they don’t believe he was murdered, I’m not sure what exactly they think happened to Steven. Alien abduction maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by SassyBenton View Post
    Im puzzled as to why the Help find Steven Koecher fb group was made secret?

I'm answering this from the last thread. That particular facebook page is run by people very close to the Koecher family. They get extremely offended by suggestions that Steven may have been gay, they also get very upset if you bring up the topic of Steven being murdered, which is strange to me since at this point it is clearly an option. I was once a part of the group but upon stating I thought Steven was murdered I was kicked out of the group and received several hateful messages from its members. They don’t believe he ran off yet they don’t believe he was murdered, I’m not sure what exactly they think happened to Steven. Alien abduction maybe?
    But they created another page and are publicising that one? Such a waste of everyone's time. The main admin on that group is on a power trip. The Steven Koecher discussion page is more useful.

Finally my first post! I've been lurking for quite some time, then joined but refused to post till I had read ALL the threads! The length of my post has got shorter over time as you fab people have read my mind and posted my musings, my questions etc till I'm left with just a hello lol.

I originally found WS after seeing another case on Disappeared and coming to do some sleuthing on him (Lee Cutler I will get to your thread!) but started reading about Steven and that was me hooked. First I'd like to say thanks and well done to all who have contributed here especially those first posters Laytonian, Fairy, etc you really got stuck in at that crucial time and did some amazing work.

I don't actually have one specific idea of what happened to Steven, and so, one post you may think I'm advocating a certain idea then a few posts down I'll be picking holes in it... I'm no super sleuther my only ability is to play devils advocate! Some of your scenarios are more plausible to me than others but I won't go through all of them just some general musings and things that's stuck with me throughout the threads. *Disclaimer* Yes I've read timelines and all the threads but please forgive me if I've forgotten a detail from thread 2 or what was mentioned on the 736th post... there's a lot of info!

Suicide - Not my personal favourite scenario. Just the location doesn't 'fit' as far as stress and general life pressures I don't believe he was under such strain that he couldn't cope. He didn't use the money from family but he knew he had the support and was generally close to his family. His younger brother Dallin they were close and would talk regular.

Sudden mental breakdown - I don't believe... I live in the UK but have 'walked' around Vegas on Google maps so often I think I could be a guide for the place! It looks a busy place, busy enough that if someone was walking around having some kind of episode it would be noticed (unless the consensus is he went into a property and had a breakdown)

Voluntary Missing - I seem to lean more towards this for the fact that it answers a few questions and it's uncomplicated. I saw the posts regarding the Greyhound bus. No ID needed, a quiet exit etc, could have stashed some cash instead of paying rent and he wouldn't use his Mums money out of guilt of what he was planning.
    Also when asked about the basketball game he said he didn't think he'd be back, or couldn't make it? On the Disappeared episode his Mum said they spoke every week and she had spoken to him just a couple of days before.... safe to say he had a good few days before anyone thought 'Where's Steven?'
    I know this is apparently a 'ridiculous' idea to some as its impossible to just disappear but.... as I said I'm no super sleuther but like many on here I can apply my life experiences to a case so it could seem more plausible (to me anyway).... it is possible to disappear and in some instances its NOT that difficult. I did this twice and so will not discount this theory.
    Why would he disappear? That I'm still musing on.... gay is certainly possible, wanting to leave LDS, yes could see that too. But there are still questions that could pick apart the theory. Why didn't he come home IF he knew about his Dad, why not at least make some contact to say stop looking for me, I don't know what was so bad in his life that he felt he had to leave it all.

Landlord - Fishy! I only know what has been said on here as I don't know his name to look into it but what I've seen is enough to put me on alert. I know his partner\wife was on here seeming worried and caring etc but we had a case here in UK (can't post links off my tablet and not sure if I'm allowed to name people) two young girls aged 10 went missing and Mr H did public interviews, appeals etc, seemed ever so caring and worried.... he'd killed them the day they'd gone missing. It was all a cover.
    Now what if... Steven was trying to catch up on his rent by doing some 'jobs' for the LL maybe delivered something, got the cash for the delivery and ran. It would explain the phone calls and the wife on here and multiple forums wanting to find him...I noticed she stopped all talk on the other forum around the time (from what I can gather) of her DH arrest.
    Problems with this theory.... why run with the cash? Why not do the jobs and catch up with the rent. Unless he wanted the clean break and opportunity knocked right on time... hmmm another 'I don't know'
    BTW there is a reserved apology for these people IF it ever comes to light what really happened to Steven and they weren't involved.

I think I'm in the minority but I don't buy the interview/job opportunity\being lured and being murdered theory. The only idea I find in its favour is he was job hunting. Against the theory... it was a Sunday, he should have been at church and I don't feel it (not sure if this is a valid reason lol)

I'm going to stop typing soon because I've rambled enough but just a couple of other things I've picked up on...

The parking spot - as mentioned I have walked those streets on Google map and for the area he was in that was the only parking spot where he wouldn't be outside someone's house. The other cul de sacs all had the circular turning area but there were houses on the circle also... if that makes sense. So he may of been walking back to any of those streets not necessarily EL.... if he was going to a house :P

His phone pinged off that last tower for two days before it dies WHY was the area not searched. Either the phone was dumped there or its with Steven....

GW - he's either very unlucky or he knows something. One thing that stood out for me is in the reports it states he was a good friend of Stevens and rang him that morning.... but somewhere on this thread (trying to find it!) I'm sure I read that he stated somewhere he wasn't really that much a friend? Trying to distance himself?
    Also I think it was Fairy that mentioned a few times the conversation didn't go right in her opinion and I agree...I know they're guys but seriously
    'hey I'm in Vegas can you get to the meeting'
    "no sorry I'm in Vegas'
    "ok I'll go'..... no no no that just doesn't sound right. (I paraphrased a little but everyone knows the conversation)
    I'm don't know if GW was criminally involved I'd guess not, but I'm not comfortable with his story.

Ok so much for being short lol. I'm sure there is so much more I've forgot to say but I think I got the important stuff

I've followed this case over the years, and I think it's fantastic to how much degree you've all discussed it. I'm not sure what to think myself. I do believe that whatever happened, happened in that housing estate. I don't know what to think on the homosexual angle. I have experience of the Mormon church as my ex-boyfriend resigned from the church when he came out and I understand that pressure when those two things collide.

Quote Originally Posted by EdinburghLass View Post
    But they created another page and are publicising that one? Such a waste of everyone's time. The main admin on that group is on a power trip. The Steven Koecher discussion page is more useful.
    Even on the discussion page you mention, there is a family member "monitoring" it and if you say the wrong thing (in their opinions), the admin comes down on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Blunomore View Post
    Even on the discussion page you mention, there is a family member "monitoring" it and if you say the wrong thing (in their opinions), the admin comes down on you.
    Please remember that the Steven Koecher Facebook page was begun for the family to FIND Steven.
    The point of the page was to tell people to CALL THEIR LOCAL POLICE if they have information.
    There was a long page of READ THIS FIRST information that answered every question that came up.
    People wanting to speculate on the case were always directed to Websleuths.
    Please have respect for a family in pain.
    --
    The person with the tough job on HUFSK

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    The SUV has been researched repeatedly, and cleared. Repeatedly.

How dumb do you think the police are?
    Thank you. That is absolutely the truth.
    The easy things (which are answered on both the old and new FB pages) lead nowhere.

Hard to believe it's been 5 years and then some.

I said it early on. He went to that development to meet a man and start his new life without the judgmentalism that comes from the Mormon culture. The boyfriend, who I long ago dubbed Big Daddy Warbucks (BDW) told him to park in the cul de sac, walk over a block or two and then hopped in his car and drove off.

I can only hope he's happy now living with BDW.

Imagine, people who set up pages looking for help turn around and censor anything that does not fit the Mormon ideal. No wonder he left.

Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post

I said it early on. He went to that development to meet a man and start his new life without the judgmentalism that comes from the Mormon culture. The boyfriend, who I long ago dubbed Big Daddy Warbucks (BDW) told him to park in the cul de sac, walk over a block or two and then hopped in his car and drove off.

Imagine, people who set up pages looking for help turn around and censor anything that does not fit the Mormon ideal. No wonder he left.
    That is what I thought. Hopefully, he is living his life and not dead. I was raised a Mormon so I know what the "Mormon ideal" is. No gay folk allowed.

Steven is one of my "pet" cases. I so hope that one day he will surface.
    Bless the beasts and the children
    For in this world they have no voice,
    They have no choice.

Iíve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, keep me here.
    كلي

Why is it believed Stephen was/is gay?

Speculation.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post

Unfortunately, this is very offensive to me as an active LDS member. I have a neighbor who is an active gay "Mormon". Yes, it is hard in many families to "come out". However, for you to say "No wonder he left." is extremely offensive to me.

There is NO evidence that he was gay. There is NO evidence of this so-called theory. There is NOTHING on his cell phone to indicate that he left to be with some stranger to live out a gay life-style. Sorry, but I could not sit by with this comment and allow my religion to be so criticized especially when there is no evidence to indicate this situation.
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son! "I will always be his father. On this earth I don't see him, but in heaven we'll be together," Metalwala said.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    Why is it believed Stephen was/is gay?
    Pure speculation mainly because of his religion.
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son! "I will always be his father. On this earth I don't see him, but in heaven we'll be together," Metalwala said.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

Long time lurker here...

I was reading over some of the old threads last night, and something still does not sit right with me with regards to the church president friend (GW) who was also in Vegas at the time of SK's disappearance. The phone call situation does not make sense to me for a couple of reasons:

- He reportedly calls SK to ask him to take his place at a meeting. SK says he would if necessary, but then GW says "nevermind, I'm already on my way." Oddly enough, they are both in LV for reasons that aren't clear and they don't discuss with each other.

- Later on, SK receives another call from someone attending the meeting asking him if he could stand in for GW, who was supposed to have been on the road earlier. This is where I get tripped up, and start to wonder if GW is even being truthful about what he and SK discussed on the phone. It doesn't make sense to me that GW would be on the road with plenty of time to make the meeting, yet SK still receives a second call from someone at the meeting this time asking if he can stand in for GW. The second call to SK from the person at the meeting makes it seem like GW was either a no-show, or that he perhaps called to say he'd be late but did not mention talking to SK earlier. I find this odd, because it sounds like there were only a few people who were qualified to stand in for GW at the meeting, so mentioning that he had already talked to SK and that he was was busy in Vegas seems like it would have been a no-brainer. I would be inclined to believe that GW would have called the meeting if he couldn't make it since he says he made an effort to call SK to ask him to stand in for him, so if he did call, then why wouldn't he mention that SK was already busy? If he didn't call and just didn't show, why would he do that and where was he that whole time?

I'm not sure if this angle has been completely ruled out yet, but something about this friend seems suspicious to me. The content of the conversation he had with SK has no way to be proven, and it doesn't seem to make sense considering the other communication SK had with church members that day. Sorry if I've missed something and this whole angle has been debunked, but the other calls SK received regarding the meeting do not make sense to me if I take GW's word for what he and SK supposedly discussed that day.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast