1060 users online (234 members and 826 guests)  

Websleuths News

Toddler falls in 8ft grease vat outside a Denny's

The Scharenbroch family in Wisconsin went out for a meal at their local Denny's restaurant, and ended up in the hospital with their toddler after he went through a green cover in the parking lot, into an 8 feet deep pile of waste grease.

The toddler's father, Dan Scharenbrock, managed to pull his son from the grease pit and hospital checks showed he was okay, aside from cuts and bruises.

The city of Grand Chute, Wisconsin, where it happened, says making sure the grease pit is secure is the responsibility of the restaurant.

Video at link:
    http://m.wsbtv.com/news/news/nationa...al_twitter_sfp
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

Wow. Glad he is going to be okay. Glad it was not hot grease in the vat, which is what I first thought.

I didn't know restaurants have grease pits beneath the parking lot. From now on, I will look where I step when I go out to eat.
    "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, as when you find a trout in the milk."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Anna View Post
    Wow. Glad he is going to be okay. Glad it was not hot grease in the vat, which is what I first thought.

I didn't know restaurants have grease pits beneath the parking lot. From now on, I will look where I step when I go out to eat.
    I thought they were either inside the restaurant or in particular containers back near the restaurant's dumpster! Watch where you step takes on a whole new meaning! Glad the child is ok.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.