Toddler falls in 8ft grease vat outside a Denny's

zwiebel

Reaction score
The Scharenbroch family in Wisconsin went out for a meal at their local Denny's restaurant, and ended up in the hospital with their toddler after he went through a green cover in the parking lot, into an 8 feet deep pile of waste grease.

The toddler's father, Dan Scharenbrock, managed to pull his son from the grease pit and hospital checks showed he was okay, aside from cuts and bruises.

The city of Grand Chute, Wisconsin, where it happened, says making sure the grease pit is secure is the responsibility of the restaurant.

Video at link:
http://m.wsbtv.com/news/news/nation...staurant/njydb/?ecmp=wsbtv_social_twitter_sfp

Wow. Glad he is going to be okay. Glad it was not hot grease in the vat, which is what I first thought.

I didn't know restaurants have grease pits beneath the parking lot. From now on, I will look where I step when I go out to eat.

Wow. Glad he is going to be okay. Glad it was not hot grease in the vat, which is what I first thought.

I didn't know restaurants have grease pits beneath the parking lot. From now on, I will look where I step when I go out to eat.

I thought they were either inside the restaurant or in particular containers back near the restaurant's dumpster! Watch where you step takes on a whole new meaning! Glad the child is ok.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back