1426 users online (310 members and 1116 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

IL - Trista Bultema, 27, Hazel Crest, 16 May 1999

NAMUS Link: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/11826/0

Doe Network Link: http://doenetwork.org/cases/2763dfil.html

Trista Ann Bultema
    Missing since May 16, 1999 from Hazel Crest, Cook Co, Illinois

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 20, 1971
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 27 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1"; 120 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
    Marks, Scars: Left calf muscle is missing. Scars on left elbow. Fractured jaw in 1991.
    Circumstances of Disappearance
    Trista Bultema was last seen with her boyfriend in Hazel Crest, IL.

Tristan's sister has posted on another page I frequent. She is looking for assistance in her search. I'm sure especially those of you who have been in her shoes and have missing loved ones might be good people for her to connect with. Cubby, I know you've got experience dealing with Cook County. So I'm sending her an invite and letting her know this thread is here, and any and all input is appreciated.

The Oak Lawn Police have finally released her DNA into the NamUs database. They would like for me and my brother to submit ours, not until I see that proof it has been submitted. I seriously do not understand what gives them the right to wait 16 yrs to submit it.! I strongly do not understand why they didn't bother investigating. Opened May 26, 1999 closed in July 1999.. Attorney General will be called if that fails I'm going to get a lawyer!! I pray we find her to bring her home!!
    Sincerely,
    Lynn Clemens

Bump.

I do find it strange that LE seem disinterested in her boyfriend, Mike Langman. After all, he was the last person to see her and has a criminal record, including theft, drugs and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Not exactly someone whose word you would trust without close scrutiny. He also seems part of a violent wider family as his brother was booked for domestic violence and assault earlier this year. Obviously one cannot blame someone for their relatives, but in this case there seems to be a family pattern.

So why the lack of LE interest? The only explanations, other than corruption or incompetence, can be that either they know something they have not released publicly or they have an interest in keeping Langman free. Perhaps those with more knowledge can shed some light?