Resolved NE - Omaha, 14th & Sherwood, WhtMale Adult, UP13093, key, Seroquel pills, glasses, clothes, Oct'14 - NamUs removed

luckyseven

Reaction score
NamUs - https://identifyus.org/en/cases/13093

There is no picture on NamUs, but I feel like there are so many details that could provide insight into his identity, it is surprising that he remains unknown.

Found October 27, 2014 on the side of the hill at 14th and Sherwood in Omaha.

White adult male. No info on age, height/weight, post-mortem interval, or COD available.

DNA submitted - testing not complete. No dentals or fingerprints.

Physical:
  • Blonde or Strawberry blonde hair, blonde hair on arms.
  • Prior healed fractures to ribs, right fibula (calf bone), and the left side of the jaw. Jaw fracture appears to not have been treated.
  • May have been involved in a prior accident.

Clothing:
  • Rustler brand blue jeans with black belt
  • Fruit of Loom blue/white checkered
  • White socks
  • Dark colored hoodie and shirt
  • Black "Starter" brand tennis shoes

Other items found:
  • Two pairs of OTC reading glasses - one black and one silver
  • A key with a red "Guardian Real Estate" key fob
  • Bottle of "Seroquel" pills
  • Unreadable prescription bottle
  • Wildhorse cigarettes

A few details I've gathered in a quick search... Seroquel is used to treat biopolar disorder. Wildhorse is a popular cigarette brand in Nebraska. Guardian Real Estate is a company in Omaha.

I imagine he was local. He had glasses, medicine, keys... it doesn't seem like he was totally homeless or off the grid or anything. I've found very little coverage of the discovery of his body. It seems crazy to me that no one knows him.

Here's a map showing where the body was found.

View attachment 68445

It doesn't look like a particularly remote area to me, but maybe someone local can weigh in.

True! But if he had a real estate key then someone must be missing a tenant, or a neighbor? Assuming the meds are his, he would have a pharmacist and/or a doctor.

Look like my map isn't working. Let me try again.

zOpkIjZ.jpg

Ronald McCormick

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/25278/

RMimg_45879.jpg

City Bellevue
State Nebraska

Missing since June 19, 2014. Ronald McCormick left his friend's home in Bellevue to go dumpster diving. His truck was located several days later near a dumpster in the area of 111 and Mockingbird Dr.

Local guy. His hair was nearly gray when he disappeared but this photo looks strawberry blond-ish to me. Other photos show way more gray. His truck and the UID were found about 14 miles away from each other.

I don't think it's Ron. No tattoo or chest scar mentioned in the UID description. Also, Ron's glasses appear to be prescription (they are bifocals), rather than the OTC reading glasses the UID had.

Good point about the glasses, unless he picked the OTC readers up for somebody while dumpster diving? Shrug.

I was thinking that tattoos or scars may not be evident after four months (plus no age weight no height, no PM estimate etc).

Thanks for the feedback!

Was there not a label on the seroquel?

It says that the bottle is "unreadable," whatever that means. I can't tell whether he was found with Seroquel and some other unknown med or if the Seroquel bottle was illegible. Perhaps the label on the bottle had worn away. So I guess the pills were still intact enough to visually identify them as Seroquel. Either that or they ran them through some kind of drug-testing procedure.
Seroquel is used in a variety of mental illnesses (not just bipolar) but I don't know of any recreational usage other than to sleep. People love it in jail, but that's mainly so they can sleep their sentence away (not really for "getting high").

And I don't understand the lack of details. I figured that if you could identify the hair color (including arm hair) that you would at least have some kind of notion as to the height, weight or how long they've been dead.

I just thought that it could be a "sample" bottle like they take to doctors offices. But they usually stop bringing those if a generic becomes available. I used to be able to get some meds that way (my mom is a doctor and I work at her office) and they haven't brought any Seroquel for a while. So I thought that would be the case for this guy's timeframe.

Look like my map isn't working. Let me try again.

View attachment 68484

Here's what I found when looking for the location

1336 Sherwood Ave, Omaha, NE 68110 is right at the corner mentioned, so I put a marker there. You can find it if you search for that address. Or just use the link I posted.

It looks like he was found on the border between a residential area and an industrial area from the satellite photos. It's also not far from some railroad tracks that go through the industrial area. It's not too far, though on the other side of the industrial area, from the Missouri River and one of its oxbow lakes (Carter Lake).

dead guy in omaha.JPG

Hmmm. Real close to that Iowa line and kinda in the boonies? No?

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Hmmm. Real close to that Iowa line and kinda in the boonies? No?

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

I think that he could have possibly been somebody that was a hobo (is that PC?) since he was fairly close to the tracks. There are a good number of our homeless that are homeless/jobless because of mental illness. The Seroquel kind of backs that up with this guy.

And I could never personally call that area the "Boonies." I don't know if my town's population is even 200, but we're technically a "town." We even have a little city council that we elect (usually via "write-ins"). But I guess I'd consider the park areas (around Carter Lake) to pass for Boondocks.

Bumping - this year will mark 4 years.

Still no updated stats in Namus.

Ethan (3rd link above) has been located deceased according to Charley Project - Ethan Bert Kazmerzak – The Charley Project

A few details I've gathered in a quick search... Seroquel is used to treat biopolar disorder. Wildhorse is a popular cigarette brand in Nebraska. Guardian Real Estate is a company in Omaha.

I imagine he was local. He had glasses, medicine, keys... it doesn't seem like he was totally homeless or off the grid or anything. I've found very little coverage of the discovery of his body. It seems crazy to me that no one knows him.

Here's a map showing where the body was found.

View attachment 68445

It doesn't look like a particularly remote area to me, but maybe someone local can weigh in.
I have recently discovered this unidentified body and I am very perplexed about how there are no leads or details. I am from the area in Omaha. The location of the body according to namus.gov was pinned on a map with the zipcode 68138. That is not technically in Omaha, that is in Sarpy County, right off of 144th and 370. There is no street that is even close to 14th and Sherwood near that area, nor 144th and Sherwood. It stated the body was discovered at the side of the hill. 370 is extremely busy and was in 2014, the location pinned on the map has a hill but it is very shallow and wide open facing the road. I find it hard to believe a body could have been placed there and not been noticed. So, then I considered 14th and Sherwood in North East Omaha. Which is a different part of town, an older part of town. There is no hill or embankment around 14th and Sherwood. It is a residential street and the roads are flat and some are gravel. There is quite a bit of residential activity, once again I find it difficult to believe no one would have seen any activity go on or a body appears. Seroquel is a mood stabilizer and can treat bipolar, manic depression, and schizophrenia. It was quite popular to prescribe until the data showed how dangerous the side effects were. The manufacturer had issues with lawsuits and distributing a generic brand but has handed the medication over to another manufacturer who has since manufactured a generic and tweaked it a bit. However, if the medication would have been a factor in the death, it could have been from the Seroquel if there was a severe side effect or misuse. It was used mainly to control delusions. It said in the information the body was not recognizable - decomposing/putrefaction. I can't imagine a body being in plain sight long enough to be completely decomposed to where he was not identifiable. I don't understand how they could not give an estimate on height or weight when they have his belt, clothes, and shoes. Reading glasses makes me wonder if the man was at least late 40s at the minimum. I am also confused as to how DNA has been collected and has no results. I am very vigilant and I have never heard of this individual or when his body was found. Interesting that he was unidentifiable due to decomposition, however, they could identify something specific as strawberry blonde hair. The actual location in which his body was found definitely could play a role in how he died if suicide or overdose was ruled out. Once again, makes you wonder if his body was placed there. If he was found in Sarpy county on the side of a hill of 370 that would make a little more sense than 14th and Sherwood in a residential area in North East Omaha. Wildhorse Cigarettes as far as I have seen are not extremely popular in the Omaha area. However, Wildhorse Cigarettes has a distributing and manufacturing building in Sarpy county. The brands on his clothing are brands that are carried at Walmart. Red Guardian Real Estate key fob could be for a number of different things, but you would think that when they assign the fobs they would assign someone's information to it. Most of those properties are commercial real estate, apartments, or are assigned to maintenance workers who work for the company. I have cross-referenced missing persons we have around the time and before he was discovered, but not having much luck. It is not common to have many unidentified bodies in Nebraska, and the fact that this was not that long ago is even more confusing.

I can't believe they were unable to determine a weight/height estimate. They discovered his pants, belt, shirt, shoes, and underwear and you can't determine a guess on height/weight. That is crazy to me! I know a lot of the individuals that were missing around that time or prior are listed in namus.gov like the DOE, you would think there would be some sort of cross-reference between unidentified bodies listed on namus.gov with missing persons.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back