GUILTY IL - Vicente Mundo, 20, Urbana, 27 Jan 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Vicente Mundo
20150129-160203-pic-134714907.jpg

Police seek missing UI student
URBANA — University of Illinois police are looking for a 20-year-old UI student who was reported missing on Tuesday. Vicente Mundo, a UI junior, was last seen around 7 p.m. on Sunday at a friend's campus apartment in the 900 block of South Third Street, according to UI police. Witnesses said he left the apartment to meet a friend, according to police.
http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2015-01-29/police-seek-missing-ui-student.html

Both these young men were last seen in the same general area, the University District.
It looks like both last verified locations are only a few blocks apart.
The 900 block of South 3rd Street (Vicente) is three blocks south of E. Green Street (Cris or Chris?).

Both these young men were last seen in the same general area, the University District.
It looks like both last verified locations are only a few blocks apart.
The 900 block of South 3rd Street (Vincente) is three blocks south of E. Green Street (Cris or Chris?).

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2015-01-22/help-needed-finding-ui-grad.html

This article states Chris Zamora's phone was last active near the Urbana courthouse, but it doesn't state whether that is before or after his last known siting. I'd assume afterwards otherwise it wouldn't really be pertinent information. This would put him several miles east, but I guess it's possible he could have been abducted or something at the time of his phone's last contact.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2015-01-22/help-needed-finding-ui-grad.html

This article states Chris Zamora's phone was last active near the Urbana courthouse, but it doesn't state whether that is before or after his last known siting. I'd assume afterwards otherwise it wouldn't really be pertinent information. This would put him several miles east, but I guess it's possible he could have been abducted or something at the time of his phone's last contact.

CZ's phone (captured via satellite?) pinged last around 8:30 p.m. in northern Urbana (is this where the courthouse is?)
He was captured on surveillance video (no time given) in the Campus District near the 500 block of East Green Street (last seen running westbound on Green).
His phone pinged further east yet he was seen running west. Wonder at what time.

How far away is the Courthouse?
There's a link to the article I took the info from in CZ's thread.
When I google now, the same articles didn't readily come up.

http://ci.champaign.il.us/category/police-news/
The Police Dept. spells his name Cristian Antonio Zamora

There isn't much info about VM that I can find.
Wonder if he's from Illinois.

CZ's phone (captured via satellite?) pinged last around 8:30 p.m. in northern Urbana (is this where the courthouse is?)
He was captured on surveillance video (no time given) in the Campus District near the 500 block of East Green Street (last seen running westbound on Green).
His phone pinged further east yet he was seen running west. Wonder at what time.

How far away is the Courthouse?

There isn't much info about VM that I can find.
Wonder if he's from Illinois.

Here's a map from 500 E green to the courthouse. 1.5mi. I guess it seems like longer when I'm walking.

I also can't find anything on VM but out of respect I will refrain from posting anything more about the CZ case unless it seems pertinent

http://abc7chicago.com/news/family-u-of-i-student-from-chicago-missing-since-sunday/496590/

Vicente left his off-campus apartment to meet somebody at his car around 6:45 p.m.
He was last seen near the corner of Third and Chalmers on Sunday night.
Cell phone records show he made his last call around 7:12 p.m. Sunday.

He is a junior studying statistics.
Friends were waiting at his apartment, to watch a movie, but he never returned home.

His silver Acura TL is also missing.
Chicago Bears plates No. 2557.

Also, his phone pinged again (after the last known call) but no specific info released.

Here's a map from 500 E green to the courthouse. 1.5mi. I guess it seems like longer when I'm walking.

I also can't find anything on VM but out of respect I will refrain from posting anything more about the CZ case unless it seems pertinent

Thanks. I had already closed the map I was looking at.
The reason I brought CZ up was because the location is very near to that of VM's case.
CZ has a thread but no progress in his case has been made afaik.
Do you have a theory? If so, you can post it on CZ's thread.

I'm wondering if drugs are involved in either case.

Thanks. I had already closed the map I was looking at.
The reason I brought CZ up was because the location is very near to that of VM's case.
CZ has a thread but no progress in his case has been made afaik.
Do you have a theory? If so, you can post it on CZ's thread.

I'm wondering if drugs are involved in either case.

Of course and I agree its very relevant.. I'm just new here and I didn't want to break any rules or anything.

I don't have a theory, I'm really just hoping there's not a serial killer or something snatching victims from campus. This is just so strange to happen twice so quickly to similar people in similar locations.

I don't have a theory, I'm really just hoping there's not a serial killer or something snatching victims from campus. This is just so strange to happen twice so quickly to similar people in similar locations.

I agree! It's a bit scary really. We've had several shootings here in recent months, but to have missing people so close together like this doesn't happen often. So far, they do no think the cases are linked though.

Of course and I agree its very relevant.. I'm just new here and I didn't want to break any rules or anything.

Welcome! Where are my manners - gee! :wagon:

I'm wondering if Police put a BOLO for VM's car?
It has Chicago Bears plates (easy to remove though).

The friends may have an idea of who he was supposed to meet at his car too.
Just wish they would have alerted police when he didn't return promptly.
And, who knows, maybe they did and LE told them people have the free will to drive away if they want to do so. :gaah:

Gosh-the 2 young men missing were last seen or whatever mere blocks from each other. That is really very concerning to me.

Reward offered for missing U. of I. student from Chicago missing since Sunday
Vicente Mundo was last seen when he left a friend’s Champaign apartment Sunday evening to meet friends at his apartment for dinner and a movie.

“His friends showed up, but he never showed up, and that’s not like him,” said his sister Victoria, 27.

Police have been searching for Mundo, a 20-year-old University of Illinois junior from Chicago, since he was reported missing. University of Illinois police on Friday announced that his family is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to his return.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...rted-missing-since-sunday-20150130-story.html

A body has been found in Tolono...a town a few miles from Champaign...it's a male with dark hair, wearing a ball cap. I will post an MSM link when I get to a computer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back