Helicopter rescue of dog from LA River

zwiebel

Reaction score
It's amazing anyone spotted this little dog in the LA River near the Cahuenga Pass in Burbank. He'd been there a long time. Cue LA Fire Dept to the rescue.

' "As we were watching the dog one of the worst things was we kept seeing the dog submerge and then he'd pop back up. Each time he submerged we were worried he may not come up again," LAFD Capt. Scott Bowman said.'

They winched a fireman down by helicopter and he grabbed the poor pet. Video at the link. I was cheering that firefighter on. Still am. :)

The little dog was still wearing a collar and lead but isn't chipped and his owner hasn't been found yet.

http://abc7.com/pets/dog-rescued-from-la-river-in-burbank/498409/

Attachments

• 498423_630x354.jpg
    498423_630x354.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 20
WOW! Thank you Zweibel for this wonderful story and kudos to LAFD for their compassion and bravery. I hope the owner is found. Wonderful video. I sure hope the pup's person didn't also fall in (The pup was wearing a collar and leash).

Amazing rescue! :clap: Fantastic people who care about all creatures, great and small, just lovely to see.

The dog's a Corgi/Chihuahua mix, he's gorgeous and so very lucky to be alive! :)

Amazing rescue! :clap: Fantastic people who care about all creatures, great and small, just lovely to see.

The dog's a Corgi/Chihuahua mix, he's gorgeous and so very lucky to be alive! :)

My dog is a Corgi/chihua mix too. I saw this on the news and it made me cry with relief. I think my lil guy would keep paddling too.

Bless the LAFD! What a wonderful thing to do! I hope this little dog's family can be found and that they weren't in the water also.

Oh, I didn't even think about the owner maybe fell in the water too.:( Hope someone comes forward soon. The article at the link speculates Lucky escaped from a yard - but then why the lead?

He's been nicknamed Lucky, which is corny but very appropriate. He was swept at least three miles downstream. There has already been one adoption offer.
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...River-Near-Universal-City-LAFD-290386101.html

**Since my dog died in December I have still carried around the bags of dog treats I always kept to share with his many friends. I couldn't bear to throw them away. I've been running around different countries though and it was crazy - anytime I wanted my wallet, I had to rummage through bags and bags of them. I went to Paris smelling like a dog store, where everyone else smelt of expensive fragrance!

Back home and tonight, I turned a corner and out of a homeless man's blanket, a little white, furry nose sniffed furiously as I walked by. That little dog could not BELIEVE what came out of the 'magic' bag. Homeless man got my change and foreign currency collection too - it was big. So now I have an empty bag, smell like a person rather than a pet store, and have the imprint of a very happy little white dog in my head, which is nice.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back