UT - Howard Johnson for child sexual abuse, Salt Lake City, 2004

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A Utah attorney who enticed and then had sex with a 14-year-old boy nearly two years ago when he knew he was HIV positive was sentenced Wednesday to probation and 90 days in jail.

Howard P. Johnson, 51, was charged with two counts of first-degree forcible sodomy and one count of a second-degree felony of enticing a minor over the Internet. He pleaded guilty to lesser charges of a third-degree felony of unlawful sexual activity with a minor and a class A misdemeanor of enticing a minor over the Internet in exchange for the dismissal of a first-degree felony sodomy charge.

Defense attorney John Caine said that 3rd District Judge Timothy Hanson didn't see Johnson as a predator.
"Mr. Johnson was not out trying to find someone," Caine said. "This young man was equally patrolling the Internet."

Johnson was also sentenced to 36 months probation and 100 hours of community service.
"It's going to be a difficult sentence for him," Amann said. "He's in jail for 90 days, he's probably going to be disbarred, he'll have to register as a sex offender and he'll have to go through treatment."
http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,600151931,00.html

You have got to be kidding me. :razz:

That's like the detective that blamed the poor little girl with asperger's syndrome for getting abducted by an internet sexual predator.

I had just read this story in the news as well. UNBELIEVABLE!

And they state this is a harsh sentence. Geeeeeezzzzzzz!

Yeah, and after all the kid wanted it! That is why they started out with two counts of first-degree forcible sodomy. And he was only trollling for sex with minors on the internet, what makes people think he might be a sexual predator? And so what if he was HIV positive, the boy's test came back negative..........this time-doesn't it take a long time sometimes to get a positive?
If more of these criminals were attornies.........the prisons wouldn't be so overcrowded!

Unbelievable, just unbelievable! I just don't know what to say about this except possibly a screwed up system and maybe we should vote all the in's out and elect new ones. And while I am at it, this business where a judge is practically there for life is bothering me as well. Term limits would ensure better quality and less good old boy/girl networking. Make the judges more accountable for their actions and their application of the law.Review Boards should be in place not unlike a Parole Board. Make sure the laws are applied equally and without favor. Just a thought.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back