Identified! CA - Contra Costa Co., body washed ashore, Jul'05 - Osaze Price

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
"A person who was walking along the shore in Richmond called to report they had found a shoe with a skeletonized human foot inside,'' Lt. Mark Gagan said today.

Officers responding to the report around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday found a badly decomposed body on the rocks about 50 feet away, below Sandpiper Spit, a manmade jetty of homes on stilts.

"There was evidence that the body had been submerged in the water for a considerable amount of time,'' Gagan said. http://www2.cbs5.com/localwire/loca...HeadlineNews/RICHMOND-BODY/resources_bcn_html

I wonder if that shoe and foot belonged to the body that they found? There are still some of Laci's body parts not accounted for. I look for them to wash up some day.

I wonder if this person was dumped into the water before Laci or after? I hope they find out who this person is and who committed the crime.

Until I found Webslueth I had no idea of the number of missing people, murdered people identified and murdered people unidentified in this day and age. The number is just huge. It gets depressing at times to read about all of the people just on this site. To many. We live in a evil world and it is really scary.

Bobbisangel said:
I wonder if that shoe and foot belonged to the body that they found? There are still some of Laci's body parts not accounted for. I look for them to wash up some day.

I wonder if this person was dumped into the water before Laci or after? I hope they find out who this person is and who committed the crime.

Until I found Webslueth I had no idea of the number of missing people, murdered people identified and murdered people unidentified in this day and age. The number is just huge. It gets depressing at times to read about all of the people just on this site. To many. We live in a evil world and it is really scary.

I think it is shocking that there are so many unidentified people. The technology is there to id them. But because of the cost of DNA testing, and the limited facilities to do the testing, nothing is being done to push the agencies to test the unidentified for DNA and to store it in a database where matches could potientally be made.

Bodies are dumped in that bay continuously. During the search for Laci, they found body parts of at least three other people, and then there was that woman who was also pregnant who was dumped there several months before. The name Norma Gonzales comes to mind, but it may not be right.

Sadly, if you murder someone in that area of the state that's where you toss the remains.

No small wonder Laci's remains ended up there too. Very sad.

KatherineQ said:
Bodies are dumped in that bay continuously. During the search for Laci, they found body parts of at least three other people, and then there was that woman who was also pregnant who was dumped there several months before. The name Norma Gonzales comes to mind, but it may not be right.

Sadly, if you murder someone in that area of the state that's where you toss the remains.

No small wonder Laci's remains ended up there too. Very sad.

Wow, I did not know they found other body remains while searching for Lacy! Do you know if those were ever identified?

Yes, I think they were ID'd. It didn't even make the news, except an interview with the diver's in the SacBee at the time, as sort of bits of interest surrounding the search for Laci. The diver said it was grueling work, and very upsetting, and they had been warned ahead of time they'd probably locate other human remains in their search. I think one of the remains was only a partial - like, a leg or something. But I believe all were identified.

Can you imagine living in that area? "Oh, I think I will go down to the beach for a walk and see who has washed up!"

Another mystery solved (to some degree). Thanks heavens for his family.

That looks like a tough one - the reconstruct and his photo were not real close IMO.

Thanks for the update, princess.

I'm glad for his family to know what happened to him.

I guess its also a message to us that the reconstructions really are estimates.

I am glad this has been solved as so many take so long or have yet to be solved. I see strong similarities between his picture and the recon. It is the weight in the recon that seems to be off. His face shows he may have been quite a bit heavier in life than his recon shows. This is a good lesson to be learned--look at the basic facial structure behind the soft tissue. His eye orbits and the triangular lower part of his face are evident in both the recon and in his pic.

Lion

They got the hair really close, but that is about it. Yes, at least his family can have him back and put him to rest. Bless them.

I am glad this has been solved as so many take so long or have yet to be solved. I see strong similarities between his picture and the recon. It is the weight in the recon that seems to be off. His face shows he may have been quite a bit heavier in life than his recon shows. This is a good lesson to be learned--look at the basic facial structure behind the soft tissue. His eye orbits and the triangular lower part of his face are evident in both the recon and in his pic.

Lion

Yes, its very much the weight. Its good to note as we try and match missing persons with jane/john does.

Despite the modern-day CSI forensic tools at their disposal, Contra Costa officials told reporters they had 25 John and Jane Doe cases currently on their books. The two cases unveiled on Tuesday came into the coroner's office in 2005.

Authorities did not reveal the mode of death for either man.

The first John Doe was discovered by Richmond police on July 26, 2005. A partially decomposed body was found on the shoreline at Sandpiper Spit. Forensics revealed the man was 23-32 years old, stood 5-8 to 6-4 1/2 and had several broken vertebras.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/10881357/detail.html

Osaze Price
The victim was located on July 26, 2005 in Richmond, Contra Costa County, California. He was identified in July 2007 with the help of the media and the public, as Osaze Price, age 21, who went missing on June 17, 2005 from San Francisco.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/identified7.html

There is another thread for him
Identified! CA-Osaze Price - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Skulls of lost souls are delivered to Nusse's studio inside San Francisco State University's biology department from all over the Bay Area — the Jane and John Does who sit, unclaimed, in coroners' offices. Police investigators hope this special science can help re-create faces that violence, or time, has erased.

To do her work, Nusse fills each empty skull with rubber to create a mold and a cast. Based on the victim's presumed gender and ethnicity, she glues onto the cast 18 to 22 tiny pieces of plastic, called "tissue markers." These anchor the strips of mud-brown clay, applied meticulously, which slowly build a missing visage.

Each face takes 40 to 50 laborious hours to complete, for which she charges about $2,000.
She helped identify 20-year-old Osaze Price, a San Francisco resident whose body washed up on the Richmond shoreline weeks after committing suicide.

http://www.marinij.com/tiburonbelvedere/ci_17036688

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back