NY NY - Audrey Herron, 32, Catskill, 29 Aug 2002

Audrey May Herron
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: August 29, 2002 from Catskill, New York
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: October 4, 1970
Height and Weight: 5'0, 105 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown hair, hazel eyes. Herron may wear eyeglasses. She has a scar on her right thumb that also covers a portion of her hand, and a mole on her right knee. Herron is petite. Details of disappearance here

This is heart wrenching. These children need to know what happened.

This is about an hour from me. It was featured in our local newspaper today,and got some publicity when it 1st happened but I don't think it went national.
Is there an Amber alert for grown ups?

Audrey is my dear friend & I have been searching desperately for answers to what may have happened to her. I happened upon your forum due to the link Doyle posted to Audrey's site.
There are so many missing...To think that Audrey has crossed your path & left her mark...it is greatly appreciated that you have taken the time to post her case. It has been a year & we still have no answers...
Our best efforts to keep her face out there are burdened by this. If we could just find the Jeep...There are so many out there that still do not even know she is missing. It is a battle each day.
We just marked the 1 year anniversary of her disppearance...heart-breaking for us all. Those interested may view photos from the vigil on her site.
I want to thank you for keeping Audrey out there...
God Bless.

Help us find Audrey...Purchase a Lipstick of Hope
Details: http://audreymayherron.expage.com

Searching For Audrey,

You are a great and loyal friend for Audrey. We should all be so lucky as to have friends like you.

If there is anything we could do to help, please let us know...

I am going back to look at the particulars again.

You know, I am willing to post her flyer around all the places I go in my State (not NY) that are near main highways. I'm on the road taking my kids here and there at some point of each day.

I will put her info on my email sig.

You are right, they need to find the Jeep.

I wonder if all the storage units in the area and the surrounding areas have been checked. A person could hide a vehicle in one of those for a real long time, right?

I wonder why they want to polygraph the husband again. If he passed once, why would he need another? Or did he pass?

The trouble is the suv could be anywhere in a storage unit as Mindy suggests, or under water somewhere, or in some building anywhere, or dismantled, or out of state. It could be anywhere.

There doesn't seem to be any leads at all.

very frustrating!

not wanting to be disrespectful, but is there any talk of an affair, by her or the husband that could figure into this?

Thank you, Doyle for your comments & Mindy for posting the family website. The article you chose to post as well...The husband has been under suspect as per usual of any case of this kind. He took one polygraph but during so, his father pulled him from it & his lawyers have put a stop to anything further. To my knowledge Jeff (Aud's Husband) had been coopperative to a point. But many feel his actions & the way things went are to be questioned. They really would like him to take another test to clear up questions that arose from the first test. His father, Ron Herron is also being asked to take one. It is all very complicated.
I myself cannot see it but there are many things he has not done & the way the actual chain of events went the night she went missing are to say the least very questionable of his character but one does not know how they would handle that situation-one can only speculate. The families are divided & it is a heartbreaking ordeal to live with each day as we go without any information. It is hard to say what happened. I do know that Audrey did not leave on her own. I feel it was well planned whatever the case may be. I am hoping that we can soon find answers. The more we keep it out there for people to question, maybe from that we will find someone who knows something...I know that this was not done by one person alone...it was as if it was very well planned. For her family & her children, I hope we can find something soon.
Mindy-thank you for posting the flyers--we need all the help we can get- many do not even know she is missing--as for all missing-that is a neverending battle.

Searching for Audrey, what were the chain of events that evening?? Have you worked up a time line of that evening for Audrey? Was her husband home with the children that night? Her youngest was a baby, right? Did he usually wake in the night? Was her oldest child in their home that night?

Mindy-
The time line is sketchy...
Audrey called home at approx. 9:30 pm--happy to have gotten a long awaited raise from work. Seemingly in good spirits by all accounts from those nurses who worked with her that night.
She walked out with her co-workers...Said she would see them on Sunday...That was the last any one saw her or the jeep.

The two younger children were at home with Jeff & Sonsia, her eldest was at her mother's--she had been away for 3 weeks in Florida-Audrey could not wait to see her!
The way the calls were made & time Jeff awoke to find her missing is very sketchy. From what I know from police accounts, her father, mother & many of her friends as well as myself, it was very unlike Jeff not to have called 5 minutes after he awoke & found her not home yet. The call to the police was actually not made until approx. 9am the next morning by Audrey's stepmother, Jeanne. By the time it was actually put out there that she was missing there was probably 10 hours or more that went by without any one knowing she was missing...Many of her friends were not called till late Friday afternoon.
Many suspect foul play. But one cannot say for sure why Jeff did not act right away...it is very hard to say how any of us would react I guess but it has upset a whole community as well as the families.

Searching for Audrey, did her segment air today on Montel? I didn't see that Sylvia was on until there was only 15 minutes left. Any idea what Sylvia's thoughts about Audrey were? John Edward is really good too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back