905 users online (154 members and 751 guests)  

Websleuths News

MI - Sharyn McDonnell, 67, Independence Township, 31 January 2015

Sharyn McDonnell

Independence Township woman reported missing
    INDEPENDENCE TOWNSHIP, MI -- Oakland County deputies and Independence Township firefighters are diligently searching for a 67-year-old woman with dementia who hasn't been seen since Saturday. Although they're hoping for the best, "it's not good" considering the temperature and weather conditions, Oakland County Sheriff's Lt. Steve Schneider said Monday.

The department is utilizing search helicopters, K-9s and all available patrol vehicles, but heavy winds, snow accumulation, drifting, low visibility had other factors have somewhat impeded the effectiveness of the search.

Deputies said the boyfriend told them that he had last seen McDonnell Saturday evening in their apartment on Tuson Boulevard, but that she was gone when he woke up about 1 p.m. Sunday.

McDonnell does not drive and it's unlike her to wander off, though it's possible she left their apartment and became disoriented, the boyfriend told authorities.
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Daughter suspects ‘foul play' in missing Independence Twp. mother's case

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

This isn't far from where we live and it's the first I've even heard of it. I hope the lady is safe somewhere but this doesn't sound good.

Search continues for missing Independence Twp. woman

A search for the missing Independence Township woman continued on Saturday at the Chalet Villa Apartments on Tuson Boulevard off Andersonville Road in Clarkston.

More than a dozen people gathered on Saturday afternoon for the second search party for the woman whose daughter believes she is dead.

The group, with sticks in their hands, combed through the snow-covered woods near the apartment complex where the woman was believed to be walking before going missing.

More: http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gener...ence-twp-woman

The Oakland County Sheriff’s Department said the frozen body was found face-down Tuesday night in Independence Township, not far from the apartment where 67-year-old Sharyn McDonnel was last seen Jan. 31.

Investigators say clothing found on the body matched that of the missing woman. An autopsy is planned to confirm the identity of the body.

I didn't even hear of this case until now that her body has been found, and I live just a county away! Anyway, sad news:

Article: Body of missing mom found in melting snowbank (includes video), from My Fox Detroit.

ETA: I alerted a Mod to move/re-title this as Found Deceased.
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

Detroit Metro
    I also am just hearing about this and I lived in those apartments years ago. So sad. I also don't understand the daughter thinking it was foul play before, obviously there was some level of denial about how impaired her mother was.

Very sad ending. My mother died of Alzheimer's and sometimes when I talk about safety measures to family members of those who show symptoms or have been diagnosed I feel like I'm seeing a train coming, waving my arms and screaming and nobody hears me.
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY