769 users online (89 members and 680 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

TN - Robertson Co., Burned human remains, Feb'15 - Amy Murphy

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news...dams/22702607/

The Adams Fire Department was called at 6:45 a.m. to respond to a fire on the side of Highway 76 West near the county line. Firefighters responded to the scene and discovered the burning human remains.

I will be anxious to find out more about this one. They sure didn't give much information in this initial story.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

What is up with so many burning of these human bodies here lately? I don't usually click on these, because they give me nightmares.
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”

The missing and murdered cannot cry out for Justice. It is the duty for the living to do so for them.

I stand with Standing Rock!

We spoke, prayers were answered!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/army-grant-...ry?id=43969890

Beautiful Cumberland Plateau of Tennessee
    The Robertson County Sheriff’s Office was called to investigate. Agents with the Robertson County Sheriff’s Office did confirm it was charred human remains. Due to the nature and scope of the scene, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation was called in to assist in the investigation. The T.B.I has specialized equipment and investigators trained to deal with this kind of a situation.

A secondary scene (pictured right) near the road has also been taped off. No information has been released as to how this second area is connected to the investigation at this time. When asked if foul play was suspected police said, “It’s under investigation.”

http://www.smokeybarn.com/body-found...investigating/

Oh god this is really close to where I live. .-.

Some more background info on how the remains were found:

http://www.wsmv.com/story/27997775/b...n-county-field

http://youtu.be/w6NfYWQ4p2M

Video posted by Smokey Barn News. You can see how close to the road the remains are.

Beautiful Cumberland Plateau of Tennessee

TBI Seeking Public’s Help in Identifying Ring Found at Crime Scene

Breaking News!!ring.jpg Do You know this ring?

NASHVILLE – Special Agents with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are asking for the public’s help in identifying an item found at the scene of a death investigation this week.

At the request of 19th District Attorney General John Carney, TBI Special Agents, in a joint investigation with the Robertson County Sheriff’s Office, responded to a scene where a burned body was found on February 1st. The deceased individual was found in a field off Highway 76 in Robertson County, near the Montgomery County line. During the course of the investigation, agents found a ring near the body. While the identity of the deceased individual has not yet been determined, agents are hoping someone might recognize this item found at the scene.

Anyone recognizing this ring is encouraged to call the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation at 1-800-TBI-FIND.

https://tbinews.wordpress.com/2015/0...t-crime-scene/

Am I understanding correctly that the witness who called for help saw actual fire? She said it looked like a burning log. Was the victim actually on fire? That means the witness came on the scene VERY soon after the fire started.
    "In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not." - Matthew 2:18

And it was so wet looking, as if it had been a drizzly early morning. The roads were wet and the grass moist. Not conducive to a burning fire. Makes me wonder if an accelerant was used on the victim's body.
    "In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not." - Matthew 2:18

Quote Originally Posted by MotherOcean View Post
    Am I understanding correctly that the witness who called for help saw actual fire? She said it looked like a burning log. Was the victim actually on fire? That means the witness came on the scene VERY soon after the fire started.
    It is difficult to tell if the victim had already burned and the area around the charred remains were burning when seen by the witness. However, it would seem it had not been very long between the event and the body being found.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

The only thing I can imagine for the uptick would be cold temps? - IF the fires & deaths were accidental and the victims were either homeless or on hallucinogens, the latter being especially unlikely, IMO.

I can think of very few cases when a victim's body was burned out in an open area like a vacant lot or behind an industrial park. A body could lay there for years unnoticed, but if you set one one on fire and anyone sees the smoke, they almost always call fire-rescue.

Very strange.
    Is there a certain victimology of those who are emolated (sp?) or whose killer(s) try to burn them?

Why do killers usually burn victims? JMO - to "erase" easily & quickly identifiable physical features (face, fingerprints, clothing); to cover up injuries, sexual molestation & actual COD; and I don't know psychological reasons.

I've just today started trying to catch up on the Chumney case -- the elderly Ohio couple who apparently were robbed and then taken from their home; their car was found burned, with their bodies inside. I've not yet caught up in the thread, but I THINK (from a peek ahead) that suspect/s are traveling around the country, at large...?* Could they have something to do with this?

WS thread about the Chumneys: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...hlight=chumney

*ETA: And not only at large, but committing crimes (armed robberies) in Georgia, South Carolina, West Virginia, and possibly Kentucky I believe.

The one (of the three on this spree) who is wanted in the Chumney murders (another suspect in that case is already in custody) is now on the FBI Most Wanted list. I hope this link will lead to his information there:

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/murders/@@...2-212b32c031b9
    Last edited by Backwoods; 02-04-2015 at 03:08 AM. Reason: ETA

Quote Originally Posted by SeeAlice View Post
    The only thing I can imagine for the uptick would be cold temps? - IF the fires & deaths were accidental and the victims were either homeless or on hallucinogens, the latter being especially unlikely, IMO.

I can think of very few cases when a victim's body was burned out in an open area like a vacant lot or behind an industrial park. A body could lay there for years unnoticed, but if you set one one on fire and anyone sees the smoke, they almost always call fire-rescue.

Very strange.
    Is there a certain victimology of those who are emolated (sp?) or whose killer(s) try to burn them?

Why do killers usually burn victims? JMO - to "erase" easily & quickly identifiable physical features (face, fingerprints, clothing); to cover up injuries, sexual molestation & actual COD; and I don't know psychological reasons.
    It would seem to rule out a typical arsonist I think. They like to see buildings burn and lots of destruction, imo. This would be a cold blooded killer to inflict that kind of pain on a living human. To burn a victim after death would signify covering up the initial crime by getting rid of evidence. Not as cruel, but it has it's own set of psychological warts.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Quote Originally Posted by HazelGrace1 View Post
    Oh god this is really close to where I live. .-.
    Not that far from me either.
    My opinions are subject to change, as the truth presents itself through factual evidence. ~Tallula Belle

A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows the public opinion. ~Grantland Rice

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast