Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg

French toast on The Island then ready for Jodi to be one day closer to Perryville

I'm here, possibly first! Thanks for the yummy breakfast!

How could JA have been able to be at the deposition of VP with her defense team and Cha Cha?? It is driving me crazy. He lives in California. Does anyone know?

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

Happy_tuesday_sunny-8b8c3c47eee3968b57fc9a2ac45dba4f.gif

@EmsterChic: Paul Sanders @The13thJurorMD write up of yesterday's #JodiArias trial! #J4T https://t.co/VWgFpCaSgV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How could JA have been able to be at the deposition of VP with her defense team and Cha Cha?? It is driving me crazy. He lives in California. Does anyone know?

It was probably held at Maricopa jail.

According to BVP's testimony under JM'S questioning, it was done in the Maricopa County area, in a building separate from the courtroom.

The mit spec who can't operate her own phone correctly was not present.

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

Happy_tuesday_sunny-8b8c3c47eee3968b57fc9a2ac45dba4f.gif

Good morning. :). Not sure I am ready for another slime day. Maybe they won't have trial due to sick juror and Nurmi can voir dire Detective Smith. I don't think Nurmi can rattle Det Smith much. I hope Det Smith is tough and throws it all back in Nurmi's face. I would enjoy that. I am sure he has to be quiet and professional. I couldn't do that.
Praying for Det Flores and his family!!

Hey everyone, Good morning :) so I’ve been thinking of those of us who are thinking or have thought of walking away. I think it’s good to walk away sometimes. I know I have, for emotional reasons or because I do not want to go back to camp. I’ve been there; don’t like it and never want to go back. There are so many of us who have been here from the beginning, there are some who have just joined, we all are here for the same reason. We want to see justice done for Travis and for Travis’ family. So maybe when we get to that point where we feel like we just can’t take any more, we could walk away, maybe light a candle for Travis, and just spend some time there with our private thoughts. Hopefully we will come back; hopefully we will all be here together when that final verdict is read. God bless Travis, God bless Travis’ family.

One of the tweeters said the Bishop was asked where the deposition took place and he responded that it took place in the courthouse but in a different courtroom.

Hey everyone, Good morning :) so I’ve been thinking of those of us who are thinking or have thought of walking away. I think it’s good to walk away sometimes. I know I have, for emotional reasons or because I do not want to go back to camp. I’ve been there; don’t like it and never want to go back. There are so many of us who have been here from the beginning, there are some who have just joined, we all are here for the same reason. We want to see justice done for Travis and for Travis’ family. So maybe when we get to that point where we feel like we just can’t take any more, we could walk away, maybe light a candle for Travis, and just spend some time there with our private thoughts. Hopefully we will come back; hopefully we will all be here together when that final verdict is read. God bless Travis, God bless Travis’ family.

I have had to walk away. It is a good thing to do when the defense is up. And when the court was closed for the Christmas break, it was wonderful. This is stressful, like it or not. I think we could have had a better outcome if it was an open court like the Casey Anthony trial. Yes she walked and no one to blame except an inept jury. But it was fast paced. The judge in this case needs some serious training on how to run a courtroom...and the Constitution. All States need sunshine laws.

WS is a great site for trial watchers but I am sure this is it for me. After this, I want to be outside, enjoying people and life and loving every day I have to be alive. I want to do good for others and show kindnesses. I no longer want to follow the dirtiness and politics of any trial. I hope I never see a courtroom. JMO. And seriously, I never want to hear the name of Jodi Arias again.

Good morning all. Since Dr DeMarte will most likely testify today, and because the DT has now decided to embrace JA's diagnosis of BPD as a mitigating factor in the murder of TA, I thought posting the DSM IV TR (the DSM V was not published until 2013)criteria for diagnosis of BPD would be helpful for some.

"A pervasive pattern of instability of interpersonal relationships, self-image, and affects, and marked impulsivity beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

(1) frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment. Note: Do not include suicidal or self-mutilating behavior covered in Criterion 5.

(2) a pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation

(3) identity disturbance: markedly and persistently unstable self-image or sense of self

(4) impulsivity in at least two areas that are potentially self-damaging (e.g., spending, sex, Substance Abuse, reckless driving, binge eating).
Note: Do not include suicidal or self-mutilating behavior covered in Criterion 5.

(5) recurrent suicidal behavior, gestures, or threats, or self-mutilating behavior

(6) affective instability due to a marked reactivity of mood (e.g., intense episodic dysphoria, irritability, or anxiety usually lasting a few hours and only rarely more than a few days)

(7) chronic feelings of emptiness

(8) inappropriate, intense anger or difficulty controlling anger (e.g., frequent displays of temper, constant anger, recurrent physical fights)

(9) transient, stress-related paranoid ideation or severe dissociative symptoms"

SOURCE:American Psychiatric Association. (2000). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (4th ed., text rev.). Washington, DC: Author.

Truth Detector: I think you're exactly right with your point about JA cajoling TA into "florid" sex right before she planned to kill him, so that he would die in a state of unrepentance that while alive would get him excommunicated from the church. Maybe that's even why JA had KN ask the Bishop what would be the result of someone participating in the phone sex. JA wants everyone to know that not only did TA deserve to die by slaughter, but that he went to Hell (sorry, if Hell isn't the term LDS uses, but I think you catch my point). And that this is specified by a Bishop, no less.

You said it better: There can also be zero doubt after all this non-mitigating trash, that just as many of us have speculated, JA went to his house with the intent of murdering him immediately after sex so that he would die in a state of unrepentance.

Good morning all. Since Dr DeMarte will most likely testify today, and because the DT has now decided to embrace JA's diagnosis of BPD as a mitigating factor in the murder of TA, I thought posting the DSM IV TR criteria for diagnosis of BPD would be helpful for some.

"A pervasive pattern of instability of interpersonal relationships, self-image, and affects, and marked impulsivity beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

(1) frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment. Note: Do not include suicidal or self-mutilating behavior covered in Criterion 5.

(2) a pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation

(3) identity disturbance: markedly and persistently unstable self-image or sense of self

(4) impulsivity in at least two areas that are potentially self-damaging (e.g., spending, sex, Substance Abuse, reckless driving, binge eating).
Note: Do not include suicidal or self-mutilating behavior covered in Criterion 5.

(5) recurrent suicidal behavior, gestures, or threats, or self-mutilating behavior

(6) affective instability due to a marked reactivity of mood (e.g., intense episodic dysphoria, irritability, or anxiety usually lasting a few hours and only rarely more than a few days)

(7) chronic feelings of emptiness

(8) inappropriate, intense anger or difficulty controlling anger (e.g., frequent displays of temper, constant anger, recurrent physical fights)

(9) transient, stress-related paranoid ideation or severe dissociative symptoms
American Psychiatric Association. (2000). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (4th ed., text rev.). Washington, DC: Author.

Strange huh, how the defense team closed without stressing BPD? I don't think Jodi will allow them to say she is sick in any way.

Strange huh, how the defense team closed without stressing BPD? I don't think Jodi will allow them to say she is sick in any way.

Actually I didn't find it strange Curious. I fully expected their strategy to be an attempt to flip the state's witness upon cross examination of Dr. DeMarte.

I doubt we see Demarte today. Computer guy is up first and we know Nurmi will drag out the start of the day arguing about that. Then even if Juan finishes him this morning, we can expect Nurmi to take all afternoon and 3/4 of tomorrow on re-direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member