740 users online (111 members and 629 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

AZ - Drake Kramer, 21, Grand Canyon, 2 Feb 2015

Search teams in Arizona combed an area Tuesday at the South Rim of Grand Canyon National Park after a San Antonio TX man was reported missing from the site, authorities said.

Drake L. Kramer, 21, of San Antonio, was reported missing by family Monday, said Kirby-Lynn Shedlowski, acting public affairs officer at Grand Canyon National Park.
    ---
    "We don't have a lot of information right now, but his last known location was in the developed area of the South Rim, which is pretty large," she said.
    ---
    Shedlowski said the park service currently is conducting a search and rescue operation for Kramer. She added that a missing persons investigation also is ongoing.
    ---
    much more at San Antonio Express-News: San Antonio man, 21, reported missing at Grand Canyon National Park

Kramer is described as 5 feet 7 inches tall, 140 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. (azfamily.com)

I can't seem to find any information regarding how he got to the park (does he have a car?) or who he was travelling with. He checked out of the Bright Angel Lodge on Sunday.

This is his FB: https://www.facebook.com/drake.kramer.7

Looking this through photos, I see he had visited the Grand Canyon before (August 2013). I wonder if he had any favourite spots from before that he wanted to visit again.

According to his father, Drake had just purchased books to attend the University of Texas at San Antonio to study geology.

http://www.expressnews.com/news/loca...nd-6060562.php

AZ - Drake Kramer, 21, Grand Canyon Feb 3, 2015 (resides in San Antonio, TX)

San Antonio man reported missing in Grand Canyon Natl Park.

http://www.ksat.com/content/pns/ksat...nd-canyon.html

Summarized from the article:

21-year-old man from San Antonio was reported missing by a family member.

Was a guest at Bright Angel Lodge on Saturday evening and checked out Sunday.

He was last known to be at the canyon's South Rim.

"We don't have a lot of information right now, but his last known location was in the developed area of the South Rim, which is pretty large," she said.

For perspective, Shedlowski said a developed trail that runs along the South Rim is 14 miles long, "just along the rim. That flat trail is just one tiny portion."

Shedlowski said the park service currently is conducting a search and rescue operation for Kramer. She added that a missing persons investigation also is ongoing.

She asked that anyone who has information on Kramer’s whereabouts contact the park service’s Silent Witness Line at 928-638-7840.

Shedlowski said Kramer’s family is in Arizona, working with liaisons on the search team.
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...#photo-7478104

Foot and aerial searches were conducted on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Though it is unclear what he was wearing when he disappeared, he is known to favor dark-colored clothing and typically wears a backwards baseball cap or a bandanna, according to the release.
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...an-6063197.php

When they said he "checked out" does that mean he left with his luggage or whatever he brought with him? Did he stay with anyone while he was there?What was his reason for being there? Did he have reservations for just the one night?...just more questions...any answers?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post

For perspective, Shedlowski said a developed trail that runs along the South Rim is 14 miles long, "just along the rim. That flat trail is just one tiny portion."

She asked that anyone who has information on Kramer’s whereabouts contact the park service’s Silent Witness Line at 928-638-7840.

Shedlowski said Kramer’s family is in Arizona, working with liaisons on the search team.
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...#photo-7478104

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...ng-6065512.php

The last time Robbin Kramer saw his son, Drake, they watched the film, "American Sniper," on Jan. 29. "He was in good spirits," the father said by telephone from northern Arizona on Thursday...

A series of text messages sparked concern for the family, who found out Sunday night that Drake Kramer had driven first to California and then the Grand Canyon. By Monday, the student sent a group text saying he "loved everybody and said he had to give his body to Mother Earth," his father said...

Authorities found Drake Kramer's car at the Bright Angel Lodge, where he checked in Saturday and checked out Sunday. "It's not like him to travel by himself," Robbin Kramer said, though they believe he did travel alone.

The rest of the story.

So it seems he might be suicidal and has gone to a place he feels comfortable in..I wonder if he's in a cave. I'm sure there was more info in the texts that weren't released to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    So it seems he might be suicidal and has gone to a place he feels comfortable in..I wonder if he's in a cave. I'm sure there was more info in the texts that weren't released to the public.
    I find it interesting that he wanted to study geology and of course the Grand Canyon is fascinating -- His family is searching his 'favorite places' there and I hope that they find him ''sooner'' rather than later.

21 is a tough age for sure ...... praying for a positive outcome......
    Last edited by newone; 02-06-2015 at 06:51 AM.
    Just My Opinion

I hope he didn't go there to harm himself but the text makes me think so. Hopefully searchers can find him unharmed. I can't imagine being "lost" at the Grand Canyon, it's such an enormous area to search.

Why would he do this? He seems excited (FB) to be transitioning to UTSA for geology. Seems fitting. :/

Born and raised in Texas, 25 years in Arizona
    Sounds like a suicide to me. Since he wanted to give his body to Mother Earth, I have to assume that means he didn't want to be found, otherwise how would his body end up back with Mother earth ? He may have hiked for hours back into those canyons, maybe even a whole day.

They will find him......eventually.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast