1258 users online (249 members and 1009 guests)  

Websleuths News

UT - Bella Martinez, 3, Salt Lake City, 4 Feb 2015

An Amber Alert has been issued for 3-year-old Bella Martinez, who was taken Wednesday afternoon when a woman allegedly stole the car she was sitting in at a gas station.

Martinez was last seen wearing a pink jacket with purple flowers, a maroon shirt with a picture of a rabbit on it, black sweatpants and gray Toms shoes. She has black hair and brown eyes and is 3 feet tall, weighing about 35 pounds, according to the Amber Alert.

Key is described as a white female with short blonde hair. Key was last seen wearing a blue coat with a hooded sweatshirt, gray pants and dark shoes, according to the Amber Alert.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=33356429&nid...s_cid=topstory

I am unclear on whether she was aware Bella was in the car.
    IF she didn't know, then I'm guessing this has a happy ending soon.
    If she knew Bella was in the car then I'm a bit more concerned.

Pictures here:

https://twitter.com/Derek_Photog

Rosealee's Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/rosealee.key.3?fref=ts

Looks like her family is not yet aware of the situation.

McKenzie Romero ‏@McKenzieRomero 29s30 seconds ago

FOUND: South Salt Lake PD confirms that Bella Martinez has been found safe #AmberAlert

KUTV 2News ‏@KUTV2News 31s31 seconds ago

FOUND 3-year-old Bella Martinez was found in stolen car at 14 East, 800 South, Mini's Cupcakes

Jeff Haney ‏@jeffhaney 22s22 seconds ago

RT @abc4utah: BREAKING: Bella Martinez has been found near 14th West 800 South. Suspect still at-large.

12 minutes from Amber Alert hitting my phone to found safe.
    Love it when they end that way.
    My guess is that Rosealee wanted a car (maybe to go see family?)

She likely didn't even see Bella in the car.
    Given the area, Bella wasn't likely to be in an appropriate car seat that would draw attention to her.
    So she likely jumped in thinking she was stealing a car... then realized she had a kid.
    As they generally do she just dumped the car in a public place with the kid in it.

Now my question is HOW did they ID the suspect so fast?

I bet she got a cupcake.

https://twitter.com/DNewsPhoto

The woman who allegedly stole a car with a 3-year-old girl inside was taken into custody after police found the child safe about two hours earlier.

------------------------

Keller confirmed Key was found and taken into custody by about 7 p.m. Wednesday night.

----------------------

Key is believed to be homeless. Officers quickly identified her through witnesses and driver's license records, Keller said.
    Key has a criminal history, and has been previously charged with use or possession of drug paraphernalia and theft of services, according to court records.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=33356429&nid...&s_cid=queue-9

The suspects family is now aware of the situation and posting accordingly on facebook.

The woman who police say sparked an Amber Alert after stealing an SUV with a child in the back said she shouldn't have left the window down when she abandoned the car and the 3-year-old girl.

Rosealee Maria Key, 24, believed to be homeless, was arrested after turning herself in to police Wednesday night.
    When she was questioned by detectives, she told them "she should not have abandoned the car with the window down and the child inside," according to a Salt Lake County Jail report.

----------------------

Key was booked into jail for investigation of child endangerment and unauthorized control of a motor vehicle.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=33364402&nid...s_cid=topstory

Too bad they don't start pressing charges against parents for leaving their children unattended in vehicles, b/c dying from heat/cold isn't bad enough, there is also risk of kidnapping/ inadvertently being kidnapped.

If he had left her LOCKED in the car to run into the gas station that would be one thing.
    Taking a 3 year old into a gas station can sometimes be more dangerous than leaving them in the car.
    (For me it really was because I had TWO toddlers and only two hands.)

However, you LOCK the car and take the keys with you.
    The weather was fine yesterday, he could have safely left her locked in the car for that 5 minutes.

Here is one of those rare instances that I feel for the perp as well. Reading her Facebook is sad. Leaving the child unharmed says something about her. I hope she gets help and that she reunites with the family that by sm posts seem to keep pleading with her that they accept and love and miss her. FWIW, I am never on the perps side. The little girls family is damned lucky that THIS woman stole the car, and not some oportunist pedophile. Shame on them for leaving her untended, but I do also feel happy for them to get her back. Second Chance to be more attentive. JMO.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    CUSTOMERS FLOCK TO THANK HERO BAKER WHO RESCUED KIDNAPPED 3-YEAR-OLD

SALT LAKE CITY -- After rescuing a kidnapped 3-year-old outside of her cupcake shop, the owner has received a surge of new customers wanting to thank her.

Leslie Fiet, owner of Mini's Cupcakes, told ABC that she recognized the kidnapping suspect's black SUV parked in front of her shop after receiving an Amber Alert on her phone on Wednesday, Feb. 4. Seeing 3-year-old Bella Martinez sitting in the backseat, Fiet said she wasted no time asking the little girl any questions, fearing the suspect was still in the area.

"My mama bear instinct just kicked in!" Fiet told ABC. She quickly grabbed the girl out of the open window, took her inside her shop, and called police.
    http://7online.com/society/good-karm...g-girl/510250/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."