Brian Williams Lied About Being Shot Down in Iraq?

Blondie in Spokane

Reaction score
Brian Williams forced to admit he was NOT shot down in the Iraq War: NBC anchor apologizes after angry soldiers reveal he LIED in Nightly News about 2003 helicopter ambush story

On Friday Brian Williams claimed during a news item that he was aboard a helicopter that was hit during the 2003 invasion of Iraq

Soldiers who were present during the incident have denied that the NBC anchor was anywhere near the aircraft

In fact Williams arrived about an hour later on another helicopter after the crippled craft had made an emergency landing

'Sorry dude, I don't remember you being on my aircraft,' responded one ex-soldier on the Nightly News' Facebook page

Another man, who claimed to be on Williams' aircraft said he had been 'calling him out on this for a long time with no response'

Williams has been quick to deny that he is attempting to 'steal anyone's valor' and has blamed the 'fog of memory over 12 years' for his mistake

He apologized on the air during Wednesday's program and called his mistake a 'bungled attempt' to honor a soldier

This isn't the first time Williams has lied about the incident - in 2013 he told Letterman that he was on one of two helicopters that were hit

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...zes-angry-soldiers-protest.html#ixzz3QrhDPJh0

I'm with you WF,,,,,I wasn't going to post the thread until I read how his story evolved through the past few years to become more sensationalized IMO. I really like Brian Williams but this exaggeration annoys me. it seems like he has been more and more interested in 'being the story' instead of 'reporting the story' to enhance his public persona (jmo). Disappointing.

I'm with you WF,,,,,I wasn't going to post the thread until I read how his story evolved through the past few years to become more sensationalized IMO. I really like Brian Williams but this exaggeration annoys me. it seems like he has been more and more interested in 'being the story' instead of 'reporting the story' to enhance his public persona (jmo). Disappointing.
Since I haven't owned a TV set in a decade I'm not, well, over-familiar, let's say, with Mr. Brian Williams's oeuvre, his past history of news-reporting, or -reading, or whatever the hell it is he does; actually, most of what I do know about him has come from Daily Mail, lol. So it's really The Ol' English Teacher in Me coming to the fore and responding to these false claims as representing, in a very real sense, a kind of plagiarism of the soul. Again, perhaps my response is draconian, but here it is: fire liars.

Since I haven't owned a TV set in a decade I'm not, well, over-familiar, let's say, with Mr. Brian Williams's oeuvre, his past history of news-reporting, or -reading, or whatever the hell it is he does; actually, most of what I do know about him has come from Daily Mail, lol. So it's really The Ol' English Teacher in Me coming to the fore and responding to these false claims as representing, in a very real sense, a kind of plagiarism of the soul. Again, perhaps my response is draconian, but here it is: fire liars.

no tv here either.....but wasn't there a similar incident involving Hilary Clinton while visiting Afghanistan some years ago....??....no mention of that either lately....public quickly forgets......

The classic foul-up (EUPHEMISM) which I can recall occurred at the beginning of Iraq 1.0 when that dire embed Geraldo Rivera began, on-camera, to diagram an allied troop movement by drawing said plans in the dust of the desert at his feet below. Not exactly what we're talking about here, but o-my-lord almost traitorously stupid in real time on live TV. I suppose if he hadn't have been stopped he might later have declared himself a general and taken credit for the day's dramatic, dynamic, desert-based win.

Hilarious memes of historic moments Brian Williams may have 'misremembered' after lying about being shot down in Iraq

#brianwilliamsmisremembers quickly began to trend across social media as people mocked his fabricated memory of the invasion of Iraq

People have cleverly photoshopped the news man into OJ's Bronco, the flag raising at Iwo Jima, the moon landing and other historical events

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...remembered-lying-shot-Iraq.html#ixzz3QtyESRcu

HE knows what is true and not. To say something like that when he knows it did not happen that way is a lie.

Right, because getting SHOT DOWN is something you forget or "misremember"?! :laughcry:

Mice in this place need to be assigned false "all is well! therefore, nibble away at that peanut butter!" 'memory' patterns, as they are currently avoiding mousetrap danger by eating shoes and gloves.

'Just jumping in to say "YAY" !! to all of us who do not own TV's :D

This is not something that you "misremember". This is just flat out lying. I'm pretty forgetful, but I would know if I'd been fired upon for Pete's sake. :shame:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back